U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:02 PM

6,370 posts, read 5,627,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Dear Trettep/Paul,

What you wrote strikes June as very intelligent.

June's just not sure where you're going with it, though. For instance, how would creative intelligence factor in? Creativity is oftentimes spontaneous, is it not? -Or is June confusing "spontaneous" for "random?"

Which she may well be, as June is not the brightest, most intelligent bulb on the board, ya know.

Take gentle randomly spontaneous care,

-June
Many atheists claim that the beginning was based on chance and that there was no intelligent being or intelligence involved in the creation. Chance is based on Randomness. So consider what I posted and think about it and you will see that the science itself confirms that Chance cannot be an explanation for the creation.

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 07:02 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,410,239 times
Hey June,

You are such a kind and intelligent person. However, if it's not too personal, do you tap into your dark side? As in, wishing to shank the person from behind because s/he wronged you? Or to lay out the dishing on an ignorant person? Finally, do you believe that the dark side actually has cookies?

Old 10-15-2009, 07:08 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,444,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Many atheists claim that the beginning was based on chance and that there was no intelligent being or intelligence involved in the creation. Chance is based on Randomness. So consider what I posted and think about it and you will see that the science itself confirms that Chance cannot be an explanation for the creation.

Paul
Dear Trettep/Paul,

To be perfectly honest with you, June is 'science stupid.' She isn't one of those atheists for whom science has provided all the answers. Her atheism isn't based on scientific data, either. June would have to confer with her friend "The Master Science Source" in order to even begin to give you an intelligent answer...

Consider yourself lucky that June's SAT and graduate board scores are locked up in her Super Secret Mod Lock Box along with the Top Ten list. It's enough to make a grown man cry!

Take gentle remedial science care,

-June

Take gentle

Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,582,673 times
Quote:
Because she can.
lol I just thought it was funny

Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 PM

6,370 posts, read 5,627,358 times
Quote:
Dear Trettep/Paul,

To be perfectly honest with you, June is 'science stupid.' She isn't one of those atheists for whom science has provided all the answers. Her atheism isn't based on scientific data, either. June would have to confer with her friend "The Master Science Source" in order to even begin to give you an intelligent answer...

Consider yourself lucky that June's SAT and graduate board scores are locked up in her Super Secret Mod Lock Box along with the Top Ten list. It's enough to make a grown man cry!

Take gentle remedial science care,

-June

Take gentle
No problem June. Just wanted to give you some stuff to ponder.

Paul

Old 10-15-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Hey June,

You are such a kind and intelligent person. However, if it's not too personal, do you tap into your dark side? As in, wishing to shank the person from behind because s/he wronged you? Or to lay out the dishing on an ignorant person? Finally, do you believe that the dark side actually has cookies?
Dear Le Lune,

Dear Lord, Le Lune, June thinks that perhaps you have tapped into your dark side! ("Shank" the person from behind? Yikes!)

However, in answer to your question: Does June have a dark side? Most definately yes! Only her dark side doesn't entail shanking or dishing on people. She has been known, however, to utter bad words out loud upon occasion. -Especially when driving in Boston during rush hour. (Come to think of it, shanking is sounding a bit better to June, now....)

Take gentle vindictive care,

-June: Potential Shanker.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:17 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,038,211 times
Dear June,

My girlfriend and I recently broke up after she revealed to me that she had possibly trasmitted several venereal dise...

Oh wait... That's the e-mail I have to send to 'Miss Manners'...

Let me start over...

Dear June,

What does existentialism mean to you?

Old 10-15-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Dear June,

My girlfriend and I recently broke up after she revealed to me that she had possibly trasmitted several venereal dise...

Oh wait... That's the e-mail I have to send to 'Miss Manners'...

Let me start over...

Dear June,

What does existentialism mean to you?
Dear Troop,

June just needs to tell you up front we all know you are married, so in the event you are fooling around, stop it! --Besides, after having spent those five days with you and Mrs. Troop at the wedding, Mrs. Troop and June have since become fast friends. -Which means it's all over now, Baby Blue!

Existentialism for June? In a nutshell? Existentialism for June essentially addresses such things as meaning. Free will, choice, responsibility, autonomy, self-definition, and creativity. (In a nutshell, of course!)

Take gentle existential care,

-June

Old 10-15-2009, 07:40 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,038,211 times
Quote:
Dear Troop,

June just needs to tell you up front we all know you are married, so in the event you are fooling around, stop it! --Besides, after having spent those five days with you and Mrs. Troop at the wedding, Mrs. Troop and June have since become fast friends. -Which means it's all over now, Baby Blue!
Just ignore my Freudian confessions.

Quote:
Existentialism for June? In a nutshell? Existentialism for June essentially addresses such things as meaning. Free will, choice, responsibility, autonomy, self-definition, and creativity. (In a nutshell, of course!)

Take gentle existential care,

-June
So would you say that within ourselves we each have the ability to derive our choices, responsibilities, consequences and moral platitudes externally, individually and as a process of slow, selective experiential data rejection and acceptance throughout our lives? Thus comprising the grand schematic of our cognitive, behavioral 'self?'

Old 10-15-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
So would you say that within ourselves we each have the ability to derive our choices, responsibilities, consequences and moral platitudes externally, individually and as a process of slow, selective experiential data rejection and acceptance throughout our lives? Thus comprising the grand schematic of our cognitive, behavioral 'self?'
Dear Troop,

What you are asking doesn't make sense. You ask whether June thinks we have within ourselves to perform certain high level functions, only to attribute them as being externals. --June also thinks that there is more that comprises a person's 'grand schematic' than just our 'cognitive behavioral' capacities.

Take gentle reductionistic care,

-June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or