U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 08:55 AM

12,900 posts, read 18,450,622 times

Advertisements

June- As the end of the decade approaches I wonder what the future will hold. What do you think will happen over the next 10 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 AM

13,459 posts, read 21,202,746 times
I have a question for Karmac....erJune
If Blue [that's me] quotes and interprets a bible verse in the forest is she still "out of context"?

Old 10-16-2009, 10:40 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,771,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss blue View Post
i have a question for karmac....erjune
if blue [that's me] quotes and interprets a bible verse in the forest is she still "out of context"?
lol

Old 10-16-2009, 11:34 AM

37,496 posts, read 25,232,088 times
Dear June,
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Speaking strictly for her 'just June' self, June can tell you that there is no way that she can 'think her way' into believing. June suspects if she could somehow manage to do that, she'd have done it by now.
I would tend to vouch for this view . . . having spent the better part of 30+ some odd years failing to do that very thing. The serendipitous practice of atheistic Budhhist meditation proved to be the missing ingredient. By judiciously developing my right brain skills to augment my already well-developed left brain ones . . . I gained access to the other half of the "information set" provided for our edification. Ironically enough . . . it was this right brain set that had dominated our earliest history and experiences skewing our understanding. The development of left brain cognitive skills and artificial rubrics (mathematics, empiricism) for understanding and testing our reality seriously began to skew our understanding in the opposite direction.
Quote:
June suspects that your God is somehow 'intuited by' creation. To possess a spiritual aspect or nature does not in any real sense strike June as either cognitive or thus, 'rational.' P.S. June, like yourself, also hoped to find questions/threads like the questions you have asked her when she first signed onto this tour of duty. And actually, if memory serves her correctly, there was a time when in fact, there was some discussion similiar to the above...
Haviing probed the possibility for this kind of abstract thought here in the fora . . . I am not sanguine about either the number of those interested in it or the number that are capable of it. The failure of what I deemed to be fairly cognitively accessible analogies and metaphors leaves me skeptical.

Be well,
Mystic

Old 10-16-2009, 12:03 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,060,710 times
Dear June,

1. Are Nathans hotdogs.. great hotdogs.. or the greatest hotdogs?
2. Brisket. Is it BBQ or not?
3. Ribs. Wet or Dry rub? Mustard or Tomato based sauce?
4. Say a man and his wife purchase new furniture. And the wife says.. "since we just spent money on furniture please don't get me something for my birthday". Advice?
5. Jack Daniels or a fine Scotch?
6. Mayo on a hamburger or "oh dear that is sick"
7. Finish this sentence: "I'd have to say that out of all the Star Wars movies ________ was the best"
8. Bottled water or straight from the tap
9. GCSTroop.. Way too smart for his age or bigthirsty is way too dumb for his?
10. I get physically sick when I watch my favorite college team play football. Is that normal?
11. Is it ok to teach my child that Krystal's hamburgers are the cats meow.. yet Vienna Sausages are satans evil fingers?
12. Who wins between a bear and a lion?
13. Who wins between the winner in bullet 12 and a shark.. assuming the shark can walk on land AND the shark has a gun.
14. Did we actually land on the moon?
15. Woody Woodpecker cartoon: Vastly under appreciated or not?
16. Cheese: A wonder of awesomeness or.. nasty mold colored yellow
17. I hate the beatles music with an undying passion. I find their music overrated and boring. I don't really have a question.. I just wanted to put that out there.
18. Finish this sentence: I don't care what anybody says about them from a corporate standpoint.. McDonalds makes the best ______?
19. Clowns: Innocent and fun OR horrifying and scary and do you remember that one clown in Poltergeist.. I had clown doll some aunt gave me at 10 years old that looked just like that!
20. Coke or Pepsi

Old 10-16-2009, 12:16 PM

1,244 posts, read 2,450,117 times
Why do you think Jesus spoke in parables if not all are fully able to really appreciate the beauty of parables? Why not just say it so all can understand? Do you think it is so we are to see what we are intended to see? If there is no eternal hell, are humans capable of being decent people overall without that fear? If people made up hell, do you think that they might have in some sense created it and not God, since hell is eternal separation from God, God can't go to hell, so how could he create a place where he cannot go, and if it is his 'mind' so to say that created it, part of him would indeed be there right? If he does go, it is no longer hell because God is there at the time. If God went to hell, but it was still a horrible pace, would you go just to be with God? What is your position on women in the Church? You can elliminate some questions if you wish, or all, but I would really appreciate 'June insight' on the last, I'm only asking June, that is the name of the thread so I think I can say that.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:42 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,771,609 times
Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?
Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?
If a black box on a plane is indestructible, why don`t they make the whole plane out of it?
Why is it that when you transport something by car,it`s called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship,it`s called cargo?
Why does your nose run,but your feet smell?
Why is it,whether you sit up or sit down,the result is the same?
Why call it a building if it`s already built?
Why does an alarm clock "go off" when it begins ringing?
How can there be self help "Groups"?
Isn`t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"?
Why is it called a near miss when you don`t hit something?
Why did God give men nipples?

Old 10-16-2009, 01:23 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,446,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
June- As the end of the decade approaches I wonder what the future will hold. What do you think will happen over the next 10 years?
Dear Chango,

As best June can tell, over the next ten years we will all get older.

-Such wisdom June has today...

Take gentle decade care,

-June

Old 10-16-2009, 01:27 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,959,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Dear Chango,

As best June can tell, over the next ten years we will all get older.

-Such wisdom June has today...

Take gentle decade care,

-June
Oh hail, one of great wisdom.

Thouest esteemeth thee with mucheth reverence

Old 10-16-2009, 01:27 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,446,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
If Blue [that's me] quotes and interprets a bible verse in the forest is she still "out of context"?
Dear Miss Blue,

If June quotes and interprets a bible verse in the forest is she still an atheist?

Take gentle contextual care,

-June

Last edited by june 7th; 10-16-2009 at 04:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or