U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 06:25 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,041,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Dear Sundance,

Kindly refer to:

Take gentle already answered care,

-June
Is that anything like, "Why does a man climb a mountain?"

"Because it's there."

?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 06:35 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,447,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Is that anything like, "Why does a man climb a mountain?"

"Because it's there."
Ah, but Sir Hilary was so very, very brave! - June doesn't have that amount of bravery in her such that she could undertake the heights of Mount Everest.

She moderates, instead.

Take gentle faith based challenged care,

-June

Old 10-16-2009, 06:44 PM

Default As promised:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
If there is no eternal hell, are humans capable of being decent people overall without that fear?
Dear mb64282,

-Yes, June absolutely believes that human beings are capable of being decent people without the fear of hell. June would like to think she perhaps was one of them. Whether that bears any truth or not, history has shown that the human heart -independent of any belief in 'hell'- still has the capacity to love, independent of formalized belief systems. No fear necessary.

Take gentle fearless care,

-June

Old 10-16-2009, 07:12 PM

5,737 posts, read 4,582,717 times
Dear June,
Thank you. That one definitely conjured up the giddiness.
You described that so well, I truly felt like I was there in the snow cave feeling what you felt. The feeling actually stayed with me all day.

peace,
sparrow

p.s. I'm glad you got snowflakes.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:15 PM

2,870 posts, read 4,459,934 times
Quote:
For someone who professes to "unwaveringly believe in God," how do YOU reconcile Kierkegaard's notion of faith vs. doubt existing hand in hand? June of course realizes the ultimate 'cruelty' entailed in the concept, if for no other reason, we all needed a reason to understand 'existential angst.' June hates existential angst.
Maybe I should've included a smiley with the isolating babies suggestion. Still, that would have been an example of social psychology at work and not babies isolated from the basic intimacies of human contact, and how together they might cognate their relation to the universe in isolation from...us. It could be an impending Halloween working on the imagination, but it's still "fun" to think about. (Hey--) So I take it that the full resolution of egocentric engagement leads to a certain existential equilibrium? The within having a perfectly fluid perspective on the without? I get that and it sounds ideal, but there are social and other implications that I still think could be fleshed out. Another time, though. I want to thank you for this one on one. It's been very nice. (Hoping that the full breadth of my appreciation for this thread can be recognized in this tiny gift to you: It has been very nice.)

As for your question, as a Catholic I'm conditioned to the acceptance of exertion. (Read: ) Holding on to faith is the human condition, and in that sense it's no more angst-y than existentialist realism. Kind of a parallel boat, actually. Single sculling. Race ya!

Old 10-16-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Dear June,

The feeling actually stayed with me all day.

p.s. I'm glad you got snowflakes.
Dear sparrow,

Your question actually stayed with June all day, and she thanks you for sending her those snowflakes...

Take gentle mysterious care,

-June

Old 10-16-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
Race ya!
No one is that brave.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
What is your position on women in the Church? You can elliminate some questions if you wish, or all, but I would really appreciate 'June insight' on the last, I'm only asking June, that is the name of the thread so I think I can say that.
Dear mb64282,

June answered all of the questions you asked her, but after posting some, she deleted them. She felt more comfortable doing so, and felt that her post on "hell" was a bit too depressing. (Should you or anyone else want it, she can send it to you. Just DM June.)

As regards the above querie: June has really only come in contact with two ministers in her day who made any impression on her. One was a woman.

June honestly feels that no one can wish that she, June, "accept Christ" at the same time that they are advocating for her to be less than who she is. It just doesn't make sense. June wonders about a religion such as Christianity that would on the one hand 'lovingly' advocate to embrace all in it's message, yet at the same time advocate for the suppression of anyone's voice. God's creating Eve wasn't intended as some 'secondary role' in his Divine Plan. Nope. He created Eve out of love; Adam, like the rest of us, wasn't meant to live alone, in isolation. As such, God was wise enough to know that mankind needed relationship in order to know him. What better way, therefore, than to create opposing opposites in which to both confound mankind, yet at the same time, challenge him?

Women, like Eve, are hardly to be allocated to be 'secondary' creatures. Women, like Eve, have a voice. Men may not always understand or interpret that correctly, but perhaps they would do well to remember that it is the same voice that God created. --Unless, of course, God was into duality and opposition. Which would be a real shame. Which, in part, is what is upheld by a belief system that excludes the likes of June.

June just goddam loves the fact that her MALE minister friend is a feminist!

-With bumper stickers on his car, no less!

He is also someone who absolutely adores his wife. As an equal.

Imagine that. Poor Eve. She was surely born and created before her time.

-Yet born/created with the wisdom and passion to make God "complete."

As she does the rest of you men.

God bless women.

Thus sayeth 'the June.'

Take gentle animus care,

-June

Last edited by june 7th; 10-17-2009 at 09:14 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 10:11 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,257,603 times
Just some random questions as my hyperactive mind revs and I am unable to sleep (or think properly):

Would you ever have the need to visit PA??

Do you think it's "safe" for me to return to posting more frequently here?

Did you see Stephen King while in Maine (and hopefully not hit him with your rental!)??

Thank you for your usual good cooperation.

mams1559

Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,041,274 times
Quote:
Now be a good boy, cling to your atheist prayer beads, and don't give June a hard time!
-June
Clinging tightly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or