U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
 
7,788 posts, read 10,446,446 times
Reputation: 3392

Advertisements

June just read a thread in which members were complaining about the same old contentious debate that is never ending between the ET and the UR camps. June found herself wondering what the problem was, as no one seemed to come up with any ideas as to what they could start that wouldn't be the same old argumentative, combative, "I'm-right-and-you're-wrong" dynamic.

So June tried to come up with one herself.

This was the best she could do.

-So for those so inclined, this is a "fun thread" whereby you can ask June whatever you want. The only posting requirements to "Ask June" is that it's non-combative and (hopefully?) fun.

So with that in mind:

Bring it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2009, 05:34 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,372,302 times
Reputation: 580
Well, my questions would be:

How does a person that is so loving as yourself, not believe in a Higher Power?

Does it give you pause to think that this life is it?

And do you truly wish to believe in God, and just cannot because He has not revealed Himself to you, as of yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,022 posts, read 24,683,229 times
Reputation: 11309
June, can you find out if rifleman's just using a water pistol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 05:50 PM
 
7,788 posts, read 10,446,446 times
Reputation: 3392
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Well, my questions would be:

How does a person that is so loving as yourself, not believe in a Higher Power?

Does it give you pause to think that this life is it?

And do you truly wish to believe in God, and just cannot because He has not revealed Himself to you, as of yet?
Dear HotinAZ,

June applauds you for being such a brave soul as to be the first to take a shot at this silly thread. -Oh, and while she's at it, June really would like to thank you again for that "August Rush" parallel you pointed out to her ages back.

As to your question(s): June thanks you for referring to her as being loving. June is grateful that you and her ex-husband shall never meet. As far as a Higher Power goes, June's not so sure that she necessarily sees a connection between the two. June has, however, witnessed some remarkable things in those who do adhere in a 'higher power.' It intrigues her.

No, it doesn't actually give June pause to think that this life is it. It seems to June that it only makes her that much more invested and passionate about the life she actually has. For the most part, June loves her life.

As to whether June "truly wishes to believe in God" and the fact that God hasn't "revealed Himself" to her yet...That's a tough one, HotinAZ. 'Just June's' just not sure just what it would just take...

Take gentle asking care,

-June
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 05:52 PM
 
7,788 posts, read 10,446,446 times
Reputation: 3392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
June, can you find out if rifleman's just using a water pistol
Dear Tony,

June really can't say for certain, but June seems to recall seeing rifleman's profile photo at one time. That sure didn't look like no 'water pistol' to June!

Take gentle shotgun care,

-June
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 5,628,309 times
Reputation: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June just read a thread in which members were complaining about the same old contentious debate that is never ending between the ET and the UR camps. June found herself wondering what the problem was, as no one seemed to come up with any ideas as to what they could start that wouldn't be the same old argumentative, combative, "I'm-right-and-you're-wrong" dynamic.

So June tried to come up with one herself.

This was the best she could do.

-So for those so inclined, this is a "fun thread" whereby you can ask June whatever you want. The only posting requirements to "Ask June" is that it's non-combative and (hopefully?) fun.

So with that in mind:

Bring it on.
June, have you ever considered that Intelligence could have a source?

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Somewhere on Earth
1,052 posts, read 1,410,488 times
Reputation: 711
June,

Why are certain religious people so hung up on their beliefs? Why can they not respect another person's beliefs even if they disagree with it? Why all the passive-aggressive jabs, stabs, and spikes? Rather than hate a person because of their beliefs, why can't they learn to accept and respect?

And thanks for making this thread. I'm sure it'll be quite popular
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
 
7,788 posts, read 10,446,446 times
Reputation: 3392
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
June, have you ever considered that Intelligence could have a source?

Paul
Dear Trettep/Paul,

June has no doubt what so ever that intelligence, like everything else, has a source.

-June's not sure which type of intelligence you'd be referring to, though. June tends to regard "intelligence" as an awfully broad concept. Cognitive intelligence, emotional intelligence, spatial intelligence, analytical intelligence...etc., etc., etc.

See June's point?

Take gentle intelligent care,

-June
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 06:11 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,165 posts, read 19,971,676 times
Reputation: 2107
June was there a time on this forum when you could rep someone until your heart was content ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 06:12 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
6,772 posts, read 11,584,557 times
Reputation: 6501
Why does June speak in the third person?

Thanks,
Sophia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top