U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM

15,045 posts, read 7,550,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubt24 View Post
further more why are our bodies so different; height strenght, weight etc. some which could be more advantegous than others in certain circumstances? shouldnt everyones body be very similar? we were put here in order to test our souls correct? then why is it some babies are born dead?how are they being tested? .some people are born with diseases that dont allow them to even move own their own so how can someone who dosent have any actions be judged?[/b][/b]

I don't know if I accept that it's a "test" ... either a pass/fail or simply a test for the purpose of teaching. But, either way, if it is, could it be a collective one rather than an individual one? What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 02:10 PM

37,546 posts, read 25,261,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Lots of confusion here as to what a Soul and a Spirit are.

Soul = body + spirit.

Spirit = the nature/attitude/character (being).

Write down on a piece of paper everything about you (except for your physical characteristics) such as whether your funny, charming, etc.. When your done, your paper will have describe your SPIRIT.

Now do the same for God's Spirit. When yours becomes His, your spirit will cease because you will now exhibit His.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Interesting how everything you ascribe to our Spirit is reflected in our consciousness, isn't it Paul?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:34 PM

6,370 posts, read 5,632,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Interesting how everything you ascribe to our Spirit is reflected in our consciousness, isn't it Paul?
Yes and I remember reading the following years ago when the lightbulb went on:

1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

I know that I don't have ANOTHER being in me. That reference to spirit therefore had to be MY (being). Therefore, this verse shows that the Spirit of God is not a separate person but IS the FATHER's very BEING. So the following is True:

Holy Spirit = The Father's (God) character/attitude (being).

Therefore, it is not wonder why we read this:

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Notice we cry FATHER.

1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

So His Spirit is DEFINED by His character/attitude etc.. So ANYONE that has that same character/attitude therefore has His Spirit (He has the copyright) Now Jesus had that SAME character/attitude. Therefore, Jesus was a son BECAUSE of that SAME character/attitude.

So the Father, is giving everyone of His Spirit (Holy Spirit) to become His Children.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:06 PM

37,546 posts, read 25,261,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Yes and I remember reading the following years ago when the lightbulb went on:

1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

I know that I don't have ANOTHER being in me. That reference to spirit therefore had to be MY (being). Therefore, this verse shows that the Spirit of God is not a separate person but IS the FATHER's very BEING. So the following is True:

Holy Spirit = The Father's (God) character/attitude (being).

Therefore, it is not wonder why we read this:

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Notice we cry FATHER.

1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

So His Spirit is DEFINED by His character/attitude etc.. So ANYONE that has that same character/attitude therefore has His Spirit (He has the copyright) Now Jesus had that SAME character/attitude. Therefore, Jesus was a son BECAUSE of that SAME character/attitude.

So the Father, is giving everyone of His Spirit (Holy Spirit) to become His Children.
I love it when we agree, Paul . . . and our disagreements are of no importance in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or