U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-16-2009, 08:36 AM

3,067 posts, read 2,372,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
OOOOOOOOOh.....I'm waiting with bated breath
Well if you stay out of the bait, your breath will not smell like that....
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 08:40 AM

Lets read the story from the start, and see everything in it's god-given context.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Right at the start of Genesis we learn that the very first thing that God made was the "heavens"
This could mean many things, as we know from the bible that there are 3 different things that are called "heaven"

But we also know that one of the things that the Bible does call "heavens" are the stars we see at night...

So the Bible is teaching us that the very first thing God made was the stars...

This completely agrees with science!

Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,220,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Lets read the story from the start, and see everything in it's god-given context.

Right at the start of Genesis we learn that the very first thing that God made was the "heavens"
This could mean many things, as we know from the bible that there are 3 different things that are called "heaven"

But we also know that one of the things that the Bible does call "heavens" are the stars we see at night...

So the Bible is teaching us that the very first thing God made was the stars...

This completely agrees with science!
The stars were made in vs 16....try again

Old 10-16-2009, 08:46 AM

3,553 posts, read 2,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
The Light:

2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.
3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

Genesis 1:14 Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;

15 and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so. 16 God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.
17 God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth,

18 and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. 19 There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.

Since we know from scripture that God did not create the sun, moon and stars until the 4th day of creation, what light was created on the very first day?
It is amazing when God leads someone to discover this. I just 2 or three weeks ago sought out this answer. What was revealed to me was amazing and mind blowing.

Forget verse 14 on. Focus on 3, 4, 5.

It is not light as you know it, but it is Light. Think of it as dividing 2 kingdoms, but do not take my word on it. Seek it. He will give this to you, and all of a sudden verses that you have read will start exploding in your head, like this one.

Jhn 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of life.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:47 AM

2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep,

Now the story moves to a
time when in the evolutuion of the earth that the earth has seas...
The phrase "the surface of the deep" always is talking about the sea, or other huge bodies of water.

So the earth at this point in the Genesis story has a covering of sea water over it completely...

"and darkness was over the surface"...this tells us that for whatever reason, the light of the sun is not hitting the waters covering the earth.
The earth is a water world, but it is also very dark....
why?

2 The earth was formless and void...
Now we see why the earth is so dark...formless and void.
What does that mean?

It's hard to say for sure, but the formless-ness hints because of the old tongue that we are talking about a "mirky-ness"...a 'fog " something that has the borders of the world as hard to draw...

:void" just means empty,,,no people

Old 10-16-2009, 08:48 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,220,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
It is amazing when God leads someone to discover this. I just 2 or three weeks ago sought out this answer. What was revealed to me was amazing and mind blowing.

Forget verse 14 on. Focus on 3, 4, 5.

It is not light as you know it, but it is Light. Think of it as dividing 2 kingdoms, but do not take my word on it. Seek it. He will give this to you, and all of a sudden verses that you have read will start exploding in your head, like this one.

Jhn 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of life.
EXACTLY....see what happens Alan when you use the spiritual mind that God gave all of us.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:55 AM

But I still have not clearly answerd the question, "Why is the earth dark?

and guess what?..the Bible does give us a clear answer too!

You know this word "Darkness" found in Genesis?
Well there is another place where that same word, and this same time frame is talked about in the Bible......Job 38

What does it say at JOB 38 that tells us why the earth is dark in genesis?

Verse 9 "when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,"

This verse is talking about the moment when God made the seas that now cover the whole earth in Genesis.
God tells us that he wrapped the seas in "clouds"
This cloud cover is so thick that the result is the "thick Darkness: that we also read about in Genesis..

You may now go read this JOB 38 chapter to make sure all that I say is correct.
Test all that I say,,,

Old 10-16-2009, 08:59 AM

Thus, we now have the fully story..'
Everything fits...

The darkness, the "light"...and the reason the "light" of the 4th day is talked about the way it is....

all also fits with what science teaches...nothing here in genesis stands against what we learn from science about early earth history...

Old 10-16-2009, 09:00 AM

any question to this point?

Old 10-16-2009, 09:06 AM

if no questions,,,then I will go on..

QUESTION, when does the Bible say the sun was created?

ANSWER...In the beginning
The sun is a star...the Bible tells us clearly that the sun/stars are made "In the Beginning, God created the heavens...."

One of the meanings to the word: "Heavens" is the stars.
thus according to the Bible God created the stars, (including our sun too) in the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity