U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 03:42 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
So is being OBESE, if your obesity is caused by overeating.

Now what......
I believe that have listed "gluttony" as a sin...

The over-indulgence and over-consumption of food, drink, or other things.

Being Gay alone, that alone is a sin.
To have impure thoughts or tendencies, that alone sends a person to hell...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 04:39 PM

2,345 posts, read 3,814,422 times
Adoption laws should have no bible basis whatsoever. You know that whole separation of church and state stuff.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:43 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,040,692 times
Quote:
To have impure thoughts or tendencies, that alone sends a person to hell...
A Christian having an impure thought goes to hell?

Old 10-16-2009, 05:07 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I didn't say they had to be married.

Shouldn't you ask this of someone who said you had to be single to adopt? That person would not be me.. I said I had.. reservations.

And I agree. Again you should probably have this conversation with someone who thinks single people shouldn't adopt.

I'm not sure its selfish.. I'd say its a personal choice based on whether that person thinks they can be a parent.

Again.. let me repeat myself.

I have reservations about a single person adopting children just at face value. Its my opinion.. thats it. I'm not saying or have I ever said that single people shouldn't be able to adopt.
Ok thanks for clearing that up... I think it was me that said if a single person can adopt...

Maybe I am wrong about what I thought you were saying I was just wondering what influenced your opinion about what that you said in 2 and 3...

Old 10-16-2009, 05:08 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Quote:
A Christian having an impure thought goes to hell?
Yes pretty much all christians go to hell too.. it's very sad. God was only able to save few not many

Old 10-16-2009, 07:01 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,343,367 times
Well, I don't support homosexual dating, but I don't hate the people, I just don't support the act. So, do I think that homosexuals should raise children, well, the only reason I would say no would be that the child may grow up and think that same sex dating is ok. That could confuse the child and actually send the child in a direction that they might not have gone. So, it is not for me to say if they can raise children or not.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:03 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,343,367 times
Quote:
So is being OBESE, if your obesity is caused by overeating.

Now what......
Well, that's easy, you stop overeating. Ask God to forgive you of that sin and change the way that you are eating. No sin is better than another sin in God's eyes.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:45 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,240,819 times
In terms of secular adoption I think same-sex couples should have the same rights as same-sex siblings. Religious ideals on homosexuality being sinful can't have much bearing or atheists couldn't adopt kids either. However I do think the idea the sexes are different is supportable from a secular basis so I think it makes sense to see same-sex duos as "the same" rather than making one kind of same-sex duo "the same" as an opposite-sex marriage. However I don't know how much married couples are preferenced compared to same-sex siblings.

When I was a teen I was reluctant to agree to that, but it makes sense to me now. When I was a teen that was also seen as a fairly "liberal" view, but last I checked it's now seen as unacceptably homophobic. Being two women in love now means your parenting is not merely equal to two biological sisters, but is in fact a superior to that situation. I would need some evidence on homosexual adoption versus sibling adoption to make me support that theory.

However this doesn't mean I'm approving gay adoption per-se just that it's tolerable for secular law to allow it. Particularly in cases where there is no suitable opposite-sex couple. Although I think if you don't want your child to be adopted by non-Christians or gays, or if you have a religious adoption agency, than that's a different story.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:19 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,683,229 times
I don't mind the boys adopting another boy, as long as the kid does not get indoctrinated that what they're doing is right and goes on to appear in parade every year.

And the likelihood of that happening is ZERO. So I have to say, God save the adopted kid

Old 10-19-2009, 06:04 PM

218 posts, read 268,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yes pretty much all christians go to hell too.. it's very sad. God was only able to save few not many
If you are a real born again christian that lives for Christ Jesus and has repented of their sins then you will go to heaven. If you are a luke warm christian then you need to repent and live for Christ from here on out. If you don't believe in Christ Jesus then I hope you find a way to make it to heaven because Christ made it clear in the bible saying "I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except through Me".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity