Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:27 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,285,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is what I said it was HIS SPIRIT . . . the "of" was to try to clarify what you clearly still do not comprehend . . . Spirit is the consciousness (Mind) of God. Jesus possessed the mind of God as His consciousness (Spirit) in human form. When He left His human body at its death (the body died) His human Spirit was reborn (resurrected) as part of the human collective consciousness (Spirit) as the Holy Spirit (Comforter) available to ALL human consciousnesses (Spirits). ALL that exists that matters at all is consciousness (Spirit).
What is clear is that you are making a stawman arguement out of nothing and I clearly moved on. You speak of things not in the bible and don't feel like wasting anymore time with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 12:28 AM

32,941 posts, read 26,170,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus can't be the Invisible God who fills the heavens and earth.

Jesus' God sent Him into the world to save sinners. And, while Jesus was on the earth He taught His disciples to pray: "Our Father, which art in heaven. . . ."

Jesus has a God:

Joh 20:17 which is the term for "Teacher.Jesus is saying to her, "Do not touch Me, for not as yet have I ascended to My Father. Now go to My brethren, and say to them that I said, 'Lo! I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

So Jesus is neither the Father nor His God. And Jesus told the disciples in the above verse that he is not their Father nor their God.

When Jesus died on the cross He fully, completely died. His God had to rouse Him from the dead.

The evangel is that "Christ DIED for our sins, was entombed and was roused the third day." Any limiting of that death cuts the heart right out of the gospel.

God ran the universe while Jesus was dead.
Research the doctrine of the Hypostatic Union of Christ, and the doctrine of Kenosis concernng Christ. Research the doctrine of the Trinity.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:30 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,089,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I agree with the video, but it seems that the video is off topic. UR's will jump all over this for a distaste of truth.
The "connection" of this video and with my main topic is that Many unbelievers think that when Jesus died he was totally asleep.

They believe this takes away any chance he was god.

My point with this video is to help get across my idea that the dead do not sleep...so that the objection that Jesus could not be God because he died and must have been asleep in in error.

Jesus died a normal human death, and went to the father...as do all the church.
There is no problem with God the Son running things during the hours his body was in the tomb....

Old 10-18-2009, 12:33 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,285,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The "connection" of this video and with my main topic is that Many unbelievers think that when Jesus died he was totally asleep.

They believe this takes away any chance he was god.

My point with this video is to help get across my idea that the dead do not sleep...so that the objection that Jesus could not be God because he died and must have been asleep in in error.

Jesus died a normal human death, and went to the father...as to all the church.
There is no problem with God the Son running things during the hours his body was in the tomb....
I only said something because people have a tendency to yell off topic when you bring up other things that you didn't mention in your OP, especially when you talk about everyone not going to heaven. OH, my people just lose it. Some might even scream that you are spreading a false doctrine, due to you exposing their lie.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 10-18-2009 at 12:45 AM..

Old 10-18-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
IOH, my people just lose it. Some might even screem .....
The MODs on this forum keep a close watch on the screaming.....

Old 10-18-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
After all these hundreds of years, why are we still arguing trinity?
each generation.....

each generation starts from scratch and the same battles begin again.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
So Jesus is neither the Father nor His God. .
Jesus is God the Son, 2nd person of the trinity.

John 1:1, the Word was WITH God, the Word WAS God.
So Jesus is God almighty...(The first and the last, the alpha and the omega)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVGvP...er_profilepage

But Jesus is NOT the Father.
The Father is greater than he.

Equal in nature, greater in position.

Just like the President is greater than I am by his position, but we are equally human in our human nature.

This video talks about the Trinity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2rPt...eature=related

Last edited by alanMolstad; 10-18-2009 at 01:13 AM..

Old 10-18-2009, 10:26 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,898,764 times
The Bible never uses the phrase "God the Son." It is always "Son of God."

God did not send Himself into the world to save sinners. God sent His Son.

If Jesus is God, how could he ascend to heaven where His God was after coming out of the tomb?

The Bible knows nothing about Jesus and the Father having the same equal "nature."

The only way to invent the man-made doctrine of the trinity is you have to make up phrases not found in the Bible.

Also, if God is a separate being from the holy spirit, then Jesus had two fathers for He called Himself the Son of God and was begotten by holy spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Jesus is God the Son, 2nd person of the trinity.

John 1:1, the Word was WITH God, the Word WAS God.
So Jesus is God almighty...(The first and the last, the alpha and the omega)
But Jesus is NOT the Father.
The Father is greater than he.

Equal in nature, greater in position.

Just like the President is greater than I am by his position, but we are equally human in our human nature.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
If Jesus is God, how could he ascend to heaven where His God was after coming out of the tomb?
The son went to the father....there is no problem here at all.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Also, if God is a separate being from the holy spirit, then Jesus had two fathers for He called Himself the Son of God and was begotten by holy spirit.
The answer is found in the text where the Holy Spirit caused the birth of Jesus under the authority of the father.

All 3 members of the trinity working in union....

a video that speaks to this issue.

YouTube - How did the virgin birth come about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity