Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 05:38 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,904,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Moses was a type of Christ? I was never taught that. Where in the bible does it say that? I truely want to know, not being snarky.

Act 3:22 Moses, indeed, said that: A Prophet will the Lord your God, be raising up to you from among your brethren, as me. Him you shall hear, according to all, whatsoever He should be speaking to you.

Deu 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
It means what it says. You are making things harder than what it really is. You should take scripture for what it say. The words are not hard, it says O God, geeeze.

O.K. then, take your own medicine. Moses is GOD and the judges of Israel are GOD.
If you take it with a little sugar it will help the medicine go down.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:55 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,286,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
[/i]

O.K. then, take your own medicine. Moses is GOD and the judges of Israel are GOD.
If you take it with a little sugar it will help the medicine go down.
LOL, Moses is not God, Jesus is God. Moses was Jesus servant.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
LOL, Moses is not God, Jesus is God. Moses was Jesus servant.
If Moses is not God, whom God said he is God and Aaron was his prophet then neither is Jesus God, whom God said He is God and John the baptist his prophet.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
If Moses is not God, whom God said he is God and Aaron was his prophet then neither is Jesus God, whom God said He is God and John the baptist his prophet.
God never called Moses God, it is not in scripture. But proven that Jesus is God in scripture. Who ever told you this lie has you very confused.

Find me scripture where Moses is called God, and I will find scripture that says otherwise.

I already gave you scripture that says Jesus is God. LOL, you see it just don't want to accept it.

You quote scripture that you know nothing about.

Act 3:22 Moses, indeed, said that: A Prophet will the Lord your God, be raising up to you from among your brethren, as me. Him you shall hear, according to all, whatsoever He should be speaking to you.

This scripture is talking about the prophesy of Christ. Moses prediction in DT 18:18-19 that " the Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me" was prophecy concerning Jesus Christ. In what way was Jesus like Moses.

Moses was appointed by the Holy Spirit, God used Moses to initate the Old covenant, Jesus brought forth the New covenant. Moses led Israel ouf of Egypt, Christ redeemed the people. Moses faithfully pointed to the law and the obligation of God's people to obey God's law.

That is all that Moses did, Christ was always God.

Could care less that you don't agree, it want change anything.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
God never called Moses God, it is not in scripture. But proven that Jesus is God in scripture. Who ever told you this lie has you very confused.
Oh, really?
Exo 7:1 "Yahweh said to Moses: See, I appoint you as Elohim to Pharaoh; and Aaron, your brother, shall come to be your prophet."

In case you don't understand what "Elohim" is, it is the Hebrew for "God" which the Greek Septuagint translated "Theos" and which we translate "God."

You wanna retract your statement?

Quote:
Find me scripture where Moses is called God, and I will find scripture that says otherwise.

I already gave you scripture that says Jesus is God. LOL, you see it just don't want to accept it.
Jesus is God just as Moses was called God by his God. Of course Jesus is the almighty God over all the other gods of this world such as Moses and the rulers of Israel whom God called Gods:

Psa 82:6 "I Myself have said:you are Elohim, And sons of the Supreme are all of you."

and Jesus coorborated the above verse here:

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, that 'I say you are gods'? "

and that was in response to them accusing Jesus of making Himself God. He was telling them that you want to stone me for Me making Myself God when the scriptures say you are gods? In other words, I am God in the same sense as you are. Get it? Of course you don't.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Oh, really?
Exo 7:1 "Yahweh said to Moses: See, I appoint you as Elohim to Pharaoh; and Aaron, your brother, shall come to be your prophet."

You wanna retract your statement?

Jesus is God just as Moses was called God by his God. Of course Jesus is the almighty God over all the other gods of this world such as Moses and the rulers of Israel whom God called Gods:

Psa 82:6 "I Myself have said:you are Elohim, And sons of the Supreme are all of you."

and Jesus coorborated the above verse here:

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, that 'I say you are gods'? "

and that was in response to them accusing Jesus of making Himself God. He was telling them that you want to stone me for Me making Myself God when the scriptures say you are gods? In other words, I am God in the same sense as you are. Get it? Of course you don't.
LOL, you still don't get it and very much deceived.

There are many people around today who are named Jesus, but they are not Christ. LOL, you hang onto something trying to twist scripture.

Jesus said you are gods, with a little g.

I get it, you don't.

Its meaning in Psalm 82:6 does not imply that men are gods. It rather refers specifically to the fact that God has appointed judges to act in a dignified, God-like manner in the discharge of their God-appointed responsibilities.

"Elohim (God) takes His stand in His own congregation; He (God) judges in the midst of the Elohim (corrupt judges who are acting like Gods--said in sarcasm)."

Notice in John 10 that Jesus reminds these accusers from the first half of Psalm 82:6 that God is the one who appoints the human judges with their awesome responsibility: "Ye are gods." He goes on in the second half of the verse to remind them that sons are supposed to resemble their Fathers: "And all of you are the sons of the Most High." Neither the judges in the psalm nor the Jewish leaders confront Him were reflecting this.

In jurisprudence there are two types of authority: de facto and de jure. The Most High God (Elohim Himself) has de facto authority. It is an un-derived authority. He has it because He is God. De jure authority, on the other hand, is derived, or delegated authority. And delegated authority makes one responsible to the one who did the delegating! The second half of verse 6 is a solemn reminder that these judges are called "Sons" of God, because they are to represent faithfully a justice which reflects their "Father," the Judge of all the earth.

Don't you get it, LOL, I know that you don't. You would benefit if you studied the bible.

I know that Jesus is The Almighty God, you seem to be struggling with who Jesus is, and who you are trying to say others are.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 10-26-2009 at 07:15 PM..

Old 10-27-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
LOL, you still don't get it and very much deceived.

There are many people around today who are named Jesus, but they are not Christ. LOL, you hang onto something trying to twist scripture.

Jesus said you are gods, with a little g.

I get it, you don't.

Its meaning in Psalm 82:6 does not imply that men are gods. It rather refers specifically to the fact that God has appointed judges to act in a dignified, God-like manner in the discharge of their God-appointed responsibilities.

"Elohim (God) takes His stand in His own congregation; He (God) judges in the midst of the Elohim (corrupt judges who are acting like Gods--said in sarcasm)."

Notice in John 10 that Jesus reminds these accusers from the first half of Psalm 82:6 that God is the one who appoints the human judges with their awesome responsibility: "Ye are gods." He goes on in the second half of the verse to remind them that sons are supposed to resemble their Fathers: "And all of you are the sons of the Most High." Neither the judges in the psalm nor the Jewish leaders confront Him were reflecting this.

In jurisprudence there are two types of authority: de facto and de jure. The Most High God (Elohim Himself) has de facto authority. It is an un-derived authority. He has it because He is God. De jure authority, on the other hand, is derived, or delegated authority. And delegated authority makes one responsible to the one who did the delegating! The second half of verse 6 is a solemn reminder that these judges are called "Sons" of God, because they are to represent faithfully a justice which reflects their "Father," the Judge of all the earth.

Don't you get it, LOL, I know that you don't. You would benefit if you studied the bible.

I know that Jesus is The Almighty God, you seem to be struggling with who Jesus is, and who you are trying to say others are.
Moses and Jesus were given De jure authority.

Jesus has a God and Jesus is not the believer's God (He said so here:
Joh 20:17 "Now go to My brethren, and say to them that I said, 'Lo! I am ascending to My God and your God.'")

Since He was ascending to their God He was in effect saying He (Christ) is not their God.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Moses and Jesus were given De jure authority.

Jesus has a God and Jesus is not the believer's God (He said so here:
Joh 20:17 "Now go to My brethren, and say to them that I said, 'Lo! I am ascending to My God and your God.'")

Since He was ascending to their God He was in effect saying He (Christ) is not their God.
LOL, study the bible

Old 10-27-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
LOL, study the bible
LOL, believe the bible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity