U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 04:46 PM

2,345 posts, read 3,813,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
From June, the ever helpful:

http://svpow.files.wordpress.com/200...070918_ms1.jpg

You poor sinner...

June! How could you post this smut?! OMG!!! Just clicking on that link made me want to repent and re convert!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 04:55 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
June! How could you post this smut?! OMG!!! Just clicking on that link made me want to repent and re convert!
Holy Cow I had to cover my eyes! what if my husband saw me looking in lust at that!

Old 10-18-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
I think you have all the Twinkies, and you're hoarding them!
I want my fair share.......give up the Twinkies and you won't be harmed.
I do not! how dare you accuse me of something so vile!!!

... *running quickly from Sundance with massive packages of Twinkies!*

Old 10-18-2009, 04:57 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,039,360 times
Quote:
From June, the ever helpful:

http://svpow.files.wordpress.com/200...070918_ms1.jpg

You poor sinner...

TWO LOUSY TWINKIES??? Is that all I get - who's got THE BOX?

Old 10-18-2009, 05:30 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,959,041 times
Quote:

Burp.....

Old 10-18-2009, 05:39 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,039,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Burp.....
I knew it was you!!! *Grabs EMPTY Twinkie box and STOMPS on it!!!*

Old 10-18-2009, 06:17 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,444,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Holy Cow I had to cover my eyes! what if my husband saw me looking in lust at that!
Quote:
June has seen the error of her ways: Sometime this very afternoon, after she consumed massive amounts of food, she came to the realization that she is a glutton of the worst caliber.

~As such, she declares herself finally having been fully converted.

Sundance: Do as June did, and turn from your sinful ways! There is more than enough belief to go around! Cast off this box of Twinkies you hereby requested, and join June on her newly acquired Magical Mystery Tour, and diet. Amen.

http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content...winkie-box.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Burp.....
Burping on a public forum!? Oh, the shock of my disillusionment!

...And to think June looked up to you.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:31 PM

3,259 posts, read 5,096,228 times
Quote:
Do you think obese Christians who live lives of gluttony, indulging their taste buds and uncontrolled appetites, are sinning?
Why or why not?
(Please don't derail the thread with posts like "oh I know this girl who has hypothyroidism" --- I think most of us are aware that there are some {but rather few} legitimate medical conditions that can cause obesity, or the appearance of same. I am referring to people who are Christians, but who choose to INDULGE themselves with food, and are fat.)

Now, are they "living a sinful life?

Why or why not?
I strongly believe that we reap what we sow. Christians don't have diabetes, high cholesteral, and high blood pressure because we eat healthy. I just recently lost 30 pounds because as of a result of my gluttony, I developed high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesteral.

Let's be mindful of the fact that our bodies don't belong to us, and we must make every human effort to take care of them so that we can glorify God by being obedient to him.

After my doctor told me that not only do I have diabetes, but I had to shoot up myself with insulin to control my high blood sugar levels that went as high as 500, and with me having all of the classic symptoms--blurred vision and going to the bathroom every two hours--I had t make a very hard decision, watch my diet and lose weight OR DIE BEFORE I TURN 50.

I stopped being greedy, gave up sodas, high fat fast foods, and started eating healthier. I don't want anyone to think that I went on a diet because I didn't. I just made a life style change when it comes to eating, just as newly converted Christians make a life style change by living for Jesus instead of for themselves and the world.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
June has seen the error of her ways: Sometime this very afternoon, after she consumed massive amounts of food, she came to the realization that she is a glutton of the worst caliber.

~As such, she declares herself finally having been fully converted.

Sundance: Do as June did, and turn from your sinful ways! There is more than enough belief to go around! Cast off this box of Twinkies you hereby requested, and join June on her newly acquired Magical Mystery Tour, and diet. Amen.

http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content...winkie-box.jpg
Sundance don't even THINK about clicking on that link! It's the devil I tell you!

Do as June did! LOL

Old 10-18-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I strongly believe that we reap what we sow. Christians don't have diabetes, high cholesteral, and high blood pressure because we eat healthy. I just recently lost 30 pounds because as of a result of my gluttony, I developed high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesteral.

Let's be mindful of the fact that our bodies don't belong to us, and we must make every human effort to take care of them so that we can glorify God by being obedient to him.

After my doctor told me that not only do I have diabetes, but I had to shoot up myself with insulin to control my high blood sugar levels that went as high as 500, and with me having all of the classic symptoms--blurred vision and going to the bathroom every two hours--I had t make a very hard decision, watch my diet and lose weight OR DIE BEFORE I TURN 50.

I stopped being greedy, gave up sodas, high fat fast foods, and started eating healthier. I don't want anyone to think that I went on a diet because I didn't. I just made a life style change when it comes to eating, just as newly converted Christians make a life style change by living for Jesus instead of for themselves and the world.
Yes and you don't have to make that decision after diagnosis either! It is about the kind of foods one eats! I can gorge myself on veggies all day long and the doctor will never know (well unless I eat carrots then I would be orange), but eat Twinkies and other sugary processed foods.. yep Doc will know and my hips will be 4 inches wider!

So is there a nutrition guideline in the bible or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or