U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 08:43 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,462,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
The Bible sets out laws and sins.

Some men enjoy making up new laws and sins. Often men will insist that these man-made laws are from the Bible. The Bible is available for all of us to read, all of us can search it to find the truth.

Yet there are still those to wish to enforce their flavor of laws onto others.

What? You lost me in the intervening years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 09:20 PM

29,770 posts, read 47,663,244 times
From the OP to this post, I count 14 times when posters have presented the question: "Where does the Bible say that gluttony is a sin?"

There have been logical reasonings that it must be a sin, it is bad for you. But no Bible passages saying that it is a sin.

There have been Bible passages that mention gluttony, but no Bible passage saying that it is a sin.

Much of modern Christianity has embraced the doctrine that gluttony must be a sin; yet without God's declaration of it being a sin.

Even in this thread, 'Christians' wag their finger at others for the assumed sin of gluttony; while I suspect actual sins surround them.

In a polite manner I was called ignorant for asking the question, and yet still there has not been a single verse posted saying that gluttony is a sin.

There are many topics, where man has developed a doctrine, but yet God has never declared such a doctrine.

Do not be fooled. God is very open and direct about what sin is. God has a good vocabulary. God is perfectly capable of explaining in detail what each sin is. Yet Man's reasoning knows better than God, ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or