U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 04:24 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,967,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
My granddaughter and I just came back from a very long and leisurely Chinese meal at our favorite Chinese restaurant..Boy I am just full of sin right now..Had to unsnap my jeans just to drive home

Overindulging in a good meal now and then at a favorite restaurant
with my beloved daughters and/or granddaughters is to me....heavenly

Yes, we are all a few pounds over the accepted weight charts..Big. Beautiful, healthy, active, God loving girls

Your my kinda girl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 04:26 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,125,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
No it's not clear.
I know very obese people who eat less than skinny people.
I know skinny people who eat large amounts.
I know people who are overly srupulous, and are obsessive about their intake.
I know people who are full of joy and love God's creation and all of it's gifts who absolutley make eating inspirational
So, no. I still don't know what you mean.
She's referring to people they've done documentaries on on the TLC channel...The 1,000 Teenager, The 1,000 Dad, etc...people who indulge till they have to be cut out of their homes.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:31 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,047,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
wow...how awfully insensitive this thread is...and reading this post...even worse......

...do you even care if you may be hurting someone...?...obviously not.
Oh PUL-LEEZE, give me a break. Pointing out the hypocritcal behavior of mainstream christianity is not "hurting someone," and I find it extremely IRONIC that YOU, of all people, would object to anyone's feelings being hurt. Good grief, you must be joking........or delusional, I'm not sure which.....

You are trying to derail this thread.

I'm not attempting to "hurt someone's feelings," I am trying to illustrate, that mainsteam Christianity and the church at large overlooks certains sins, like gluttony, whilst being obsessively concerned about the lives of others, so do me a huge favor and please do something productive because I see through you like a pane of glass.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
She's referring to people they've done documentaries on on the TLC channel...The 1,000 Teenager, The 1,000 Dad, etc...people who indulge till they have to be cut out of their homes.
If so, I pitty those poor souls. Food is for them, just a symptom of much more serious problems.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
No it's not clear.
I know very obese people who eat less than skinny people.
I know skinny people who eat large amounts.
I know people who are overly srupulous, and are obsessive about their intake.
I know people who are full of joy and love God's creation and all of it's gifts who absolutley make eating inspirational
So, no. I still don't know what you mean.
Allright, I hear you saying that you don't know what I mean, so there's no point in my trying to explain further...

Old 10-16-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Allright, I hear you saying that you don't know what I mean, so there's no point in my trying to explain further...
I'm patient

Old 10-16-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I'm patient
That's good. You'll be waiting quite some time...

Old 10-16-2009, 04:42 PM

38,466 posts, read 18,226,542 times
It occurs to me that there are no photographs of any of the people in the Bible.....for all we know Mary might have been an obese lady....I dont believe there are any passages that suggest or tell us that any of them were fit or fat or ugly or handsome or beautiful. Somehow I find it hard to imagine that body type means much spiritually.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
That's good. You'll be waiting quite some time...
Ok, smarty pants..

Define "quite some time"

Old 10-16-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Ok, smarty pants..

Define "quite some time"
Um....okay!

"Quite some time" is the time it takes you to eat:

50 doughnuts
12 pizzas
and 20 chocolate milkshakes!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or