U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 09:15 PM

7,794 posts, read 10,491,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post

Friends are supposed to be friends even when things are tough.

Or especially then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 09:22 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,118,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Ummmm what are we to think when an atheist emphasizes by saying "Dear god"? (And a little "g" at that!)

June - Those who depend on the Bible for wisdom would find little difference between Judas killing himself and a treacherous husband killing himself. The location served his purpose - a dramatic last word if you will.

Our human side can sympathize but the Biblical side realizes that the man was making his spiritual reality a physical fact. "The soul that sins shall die"

HK
A treacherous husband killing himself . . . Harold, there is a big difference between Judas killing himself, and a man who sinned killing himself.

If he was spiritually dead or was not spiritually dead is irregardless.

The words you used, are the similar to words I heard when I was without faith, that turned my stomach to those with faith.

My stomach turned reading this post . . . . . Christians are the biggest turnoff to Christianity at times . . . . . My JESUS, who is the author and finisher of this world, and who's life is depicted in the New Testament, surely grieved at this man's passing . . . . He is the WORD, and the did not look at this man as a treacherous husband, but rather he looked at this man with love and grieved himself.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:25 PM

2,604 posts, read 3,121,323 times
Quote:
People's feelings get hurt. It is part of life. Just mentioning the ex wife to the ex husband shouldn't hurt feelings. If a person is THAT sensitive they've got a serious problem. As the child of divorced parents I can say that this wasn't the case. Friends and couples still came around both households. It wasn't a big deal. Friends are supposed to be friends even when things are tough.
AMEN!!! This is definitely the first time I find myself agreeing with someone who claims to be from "redneck hell!"

Look out church people! You might have a problem if...a former New Yorker agrees with someone from "redneck hell!"

Alan, you haven't seen a "secret handshake" until you've seen ours!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:30 PM

7,794 posts, read 10,491,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Harold,

My JESUS, who is the author and finisher of this world...He is the WORD, and the did not look at this man as a treacherous husband, but rather he looked at this man with love and grieved himself.
And lifesign used not only a capital "J" in the above post, but a whole lotta capitals!

-And more than once!

Sometimes, June's just gotta love it.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:31 PM

2,345 posts, read 3,830,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
AMEN!!! This is definitely the first time I find myself agreeing with someone who claims to be from "redneck hell!"

Look out church people! You might have a problem if...a former New Yorker agrees with someone from "redneck hell!"

Alan, you haven't seen a "secret handshake" until you've seen ours!

Well I am technically not "from" here...I transplanted myself from the Virginia Beach area....Mistake! We are scrambling to scrape enough together to go back! Yeah watch out church people! There are so many church people here that you can't fart without one of them getting a whif!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:41 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,981,703 times
As I read this thread so far, what keeps popping into my mind is the evil one's other name;

the accuser

Old 10-17-2009, 09:41 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,118,275 times
First, I am a Christian, who would like to find a church . . . because we are very removed from friends and family and live in a small town where the "center" of happenings is church . . . In other words, want to join for my kids.

Here's One of My Pet Peeves with "Church" People . . . . . "We've Missed You at Church" . . . I frequented my friends church about 5 times . . . every time she goes to church and we talk . . . she has to say "missed you at church today" . . . . we go to a birthday party at her home and there were a few of her "church family" there . . . each one of them have to say "they missed me at church"

The problem is NOT that they missed me . . . what they are saying is . . .hey we noticed you haven't come in awhile? Why not? Oh my gosh, they thought THEY could win me over to their doctrine, denomination . . . how foolish . . .do they believe their church service or their church family inspires me to Christ . . . it is Christ who inspires me . . . .I wish people in church's would just go to worship, and let me join in when I want to . . . .

At one church where we visited, same thing happened . . . when I was missing for about a year and was inspired to go . . . I got besieged by peole who were worrying about my salvation . . . . . church people drive me nucking futs!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:42 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,502,488 times
Quote:
. Just mentioning the ex wife to the ex husband shouldn't hurt feelings..
and yet....

Old 10-17-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Here's One of My Pet Peeves with "Church" People . . . . . "We've Missed You at Church" . . .!
Im glad to see you posting tonight...

We missed you around here as of late.

"I see friends shaking hand, saying "How do you do?"
They're realy saying "I love you"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnRqYMTpXHc

Old 10-17-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Harold, there is a big difference between Judas killing himself, and a man who sinned killing himself.
eh?

one more time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or