U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 08:48 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,584,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Im glad to see you posting tonight...

We missed you around here as of late.
LM$O

Lovely, alan... you DO have a sense of humor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 08:50 PM

2,345 posts, read 2,525,374 times
Quote:
and yet....

And yet what? Like I said....if someone is THAT sensitive they have a problem! You can't live your life dancing around people's feelings. Some people have "hurt feelings" at the drop of a hat and use it to their advantage. Not to sound cold but....so what?

Old 10-17-2009, 08:56 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,363,518 times
Quote:
eh?

one more time?
Sometimes once is not enough . . . :c ool::coo l: :c ool:

Old 10-17-2009, 08:58 PM

3,067 posts, read 2,274,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Some people have "hurt feelings" at the drop of a hat and use it to their advantage. Not to sound cold but....so what?
Oh so true...
and so true of the people getting a divorce likely have hurt feelings that all their married friends just don't call anymore like they used to too...
But like you say, not to sound cold, but life goes on kids...

Old 10-18-2009, 12:23 AM

988 posts, read 1,024,621 times
Quote:
My stomach turned reading this post . . . . . Christians are the biggest turnoff to Christianity at times . . . . . My JESUS, who is the author and finisher of this world, and who's life is depicted in the New Testament, surely grieved at this man's passing . . . . He is the WORD, and the did not look at this man as a treacherous husband, but rather he looked at this man with love and grieved himself.
[/quote]

Would you be referring to the Christian adulterers who made your tummy twist? Or those Christians who say adultery is sin....

It is your JESUS who speaking of adulterers said:

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Better get some Pepto Bismal for your tummy... your Jesus also said....

Mat 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

Mat 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

HK

Old 10-18-2009, 12:30 AM

6,805 posts, read 4,584,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Krupp View Post
Would you be referring to the Christian adulterers who made your tummy twist? Or those Christians who say adultery is sin....

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

Mat 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

HK
With what measures you judge others so shall you be judged...

Jesus came to save not to condemn... that was his purpose. TO SAVE!

His commandments: Love God and love your neighbor as yourself...

Do you love adulterers? They are your neighbor. Perhaps you do not love yourself either?

Old 10-18-2009, 04:48 AM

18,950 posts, read 8,858,047 times

HK[/quote]
I have a skill saw you can loan to get the plank of wood out of your eye.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:13 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,036,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I was a committed member of only two non-denominational Christian churches for 25 years; the same amount of years I was married. After my marriage ended, I was shocked dismayed and astounded by what I witnessed.

My ex-wife and I were part of a group of seven married couples. We fellowshipped, shared dinners and outings for several years. We, the husbands, would from time to time get together to uplift and counsel each other. We were friends, but more so, we were brothers in Christ.

Once our marriage ended, I never again heard from any of these men; never again! I assumed our friendship and brotherliness would give these men cause to at least call to ask how I was doing during those first few months of hardship, loneliness and confusion. I never again heard from one of these men.

Now, hereís the biggest kicker, as stated, my brothers in Christ were nowhere to be found when I most needed them; true MIAís. Where were they? Why did they not reach out to one who had been of one mind with them?

Despite this painful reality, God did not fail. He blessed me with two non-hypocritical, non-judgmental men who did not forget their brother. These men called me on a regular basis to simply ask if I had eaten that day, to ask how I felt, or to see if there was anything I wanted to get off my chest. Over the phone, I cried on these menís shoulders several times as we tried to make sense of this situation.

So, who were these men? The first was a habitual pot smoker from New York City. While most of the time he called in a good state of mind, there were times when his reasoning was a little skewed while under the influence. Despite that, here he was making time for a friend in need on the other side of the continent.

The second man was an incarcerated felon. From prison, and when he gained phone privileges due to good conduct, this man would call me to see how I was doing. When he was unable to call, he would send handwritten letters. Upon his release from prison, I visited him. Like two prodigal sons, we embraced out of the deep concern we shared towards each other. We vowed our continued loyalty regardless of what else life decided to hurl at us.

This is possibly the most valuable lesson life has taught me. To state that Iím disillusioned towards the so-called church ĎbrethrenĒ is an understatement. Lesson taught, lesson learned. Iíve not gone back to church, nor have any intentions to return any time soon. I end with the following verse:

Psalms 55:12-14
Amen!! Maybe some will read your story and take it to heart....Jesus doesn't care what building you spend you time in on Sunday....He cares about your heart and what we do with the LOVE he has given us.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:36 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,036,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yes, a man took his own life! IN the church parking lot where he knew the pastor would be who stood behind his wife in keeping his children from him! This was after repeatedly going to counseling with that pastor!

This was told to me by a member of the church who was scared to death because he was going through a divorce and it was his wife that was unfaithful. He pleaded with the pastor to let her go to second service while he went to first service! There was no excuse for this pastors behavior!

Anyway, this strikes a cord with me because if Jesus came to save all sinners but the church pushes away the lost to tend to the saved they are in direct contradiction to the very bible the profess to follow!

WWJD - simple little anacronym that has made someone lots of money, but yet in that situation what would Jesus have done? Surely I would think that God loves everyone ESPECIALLY those in need of help!

It breaks my heart that the same sentiment by that poster is what is rampant in churches today! Don't we value people anymore? It used to be that the church was the refuge for sinners to become christians... now it is just the place christians segregate themselves from contagious sinners!

Very sad indeed!
From my numerous and varied experiences with "Institutionalized Church"...the only thing they truly value is the money you give them to line their pockets and build their congregational entertainment centers that benefits, not the lost, but those who attend...while the lost continue to wallow in their lostness...I'm sure Jesus would be proud!

Old 10-30-2009, 01:45 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,545,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
From my numerous and varied experiences with "Institutionalized Church"...the only thing they truly value is the money you give them to line their pockets and build their congregational entertainment centers that benefits, not the lost, but those who attend...while the lost continue to wallow in their lostness...I'm sure Jesus would be proud!
Christy, I felt compelled to return to this post given Alan Molstad's point of view on the subject matter. I cannot understand how people whom are supposedly of one mind with you, can so easily turn off the "love" spigot merely because they are in the middle. How could a person do that to one whom you claim as your "brother?"

The inactions of my former brethren coupled with Alan Molstad's confirmed words have been the proverbial "last nail in the coffin." I have no desire to be associated with a people who claim to be God's definition of love in word only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity