U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:51 AM

10 posts, read 15,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
syberpriend
If you have any more questions that are outside this topic bounds, just feal free to DM me or start your own topic...
Dear Alan, lets discuss with this thread 1st, later we can move to any other post, Thanks for being friendly all the way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 08:02 AM

10 posts, read 15,618 times
For all the respected members, who answered in this thread, I respect u alll, and I offer you to read the follwing link in detail , then we can get nice discussion, not as a debate or argument, and know the endings.
jamaat.net/crux/crucifixion.htmlhttp://www.jamaat.net/crux/crucifixion.html

Brother Mike555, ofcourse we are believer in Jesus Christ (Messiah), and no Muslim is Muslim, until he believe in Jesus, and all the prophets sent by God for mankind.

PS: I cannot reply all the people in detail by going to each post. Hope u all understand

Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,496,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
By Jewish reckoning:
The word "Day" can.... well mostly, can have 2 clear meanings.

Day can mean a full 24 hours.
see Genesis 1:5 "And there was evening and morning the first Day"

or...

Day can mean the point of time when your side of the earth is pointed to the sun and it's light outside.
God called the light "Day" and the darkness he called "night"

Does this 2 ways of looking at the word change the time line of the answer you have there?

My question deals with the statement that Jesus said he was rise in 3 days, or on the 3rd day .

so I would like someone to look at the question from both understandings I have given for the word "Day" one at a time to see if that changes the amount of time needed?

Example,
First make day mean not less than 24 hours, and see how long you need to be somewhere on the 3rd day.

Next, consider a "day" as being only talking about seeing the sun, even if just for a moment.
Does that change your answer if you are only talking about seeing the sun for 3 times before he will rise?

Old 10-18-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syberpriend View Post
if it was dead, y Mary went to massah tha body? do christians or Jews massage dead bodies?

If no power in the heaven? who brought the thunder storm and shook the earth?
I don't have any idea what you are asking here?

Is your spell-check working?

Old 10-18-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Who said he was dead for 3 days and 3 nights?

He arose from the dead on the 3rd day
This is also the subject of a question I have asked Mike too.

I want to know if you just look at the word "day" as only talking about the time when you can see the sun, does that change the answer?

EXAMPLE:
Keep the word "Day" as meaning that you could see the sun.

Jesus dies when the sun is out,,,,"Day 1"
It gets dark so its night now.
Then in the morning you see the sun again, this would be "Day 2"
Once again the sun sets in the evening and gets dark.

Then in the next morning you can see the sun again. "Day 3"

and at some point during this "Day 3" when you can see the sun Jesus said he would rise from the dead.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:13 AM

3,540 posts, read 5,972,583 times
Quote:
This is also the subject of a question I have asked Mike too.

I want to know if you just look at the word "day" as only talking about the time when you can see the sun, does that change the answer?

EXAMPLE:
Keep the word "Day" as meaning that you could see the sun.

Jesus dies when the sun is out,,,,"Day 1"
It gets dark so its night now.
Then in the morning you see the sun again, this would be "Day 2"
Once again the sun sets in the evening and gets dark.

Then in the next morning you can see the sun again. "Day 3"

and at some point during this "Day 3" when you can see the sun Jesus said he would rise from the dead.

Makes sense to me.

A good friend of mine ( he's an orhodox jew ) celebrates his sabbath from sundown on friday till sundown on saturday. One day

Old 10-18-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Makes sense to me.

A good friend of mine ( he's an orhodox jew ) celebrates his sabbath from sundown on friday till sundown on saturday. One day
I have nothing against the cross being in the middle of the week rather that on a Friday.

But the problem I see is that the people that push the Mid-week cross idea , tend to also bring out the "Day = 24 hours" answer
.....and I have my doubts about that answer...

I actually think Jesus was being clear that the "Day" he was talking about at John 2:19 was the same type of "day" talked about in Genesis were God tells us that the word "Day" is being able to see the sun's light outside.

That is in total agreement with the statement about Jonah being inside the fish for 3 'days" and 3 nights...
The word "Day" there is clearly only talking about the time when Jonah's side of the earth was turned to the sun and it's light was able to be seen outside.

so if you keep this same use of the word "Day" that Jesus had in mind (Being able to see the sun) and you also keep in mind that Jesus said at John 2:19 he would rise "In three days" meaning at some point during that 3rd "day" when the sun was out for the 3rd time

....does that change the Mid-week cross time answer?

Last edited by alanMolstad; 10-18-2009 at 09:38 AM..

Old 10-18-2009, 09:30 AM

7,790 posts, read 10,471,988 times
Quote:
"Day 1"

"Day 2"

"Day 3"

Jesus said he would rise from the dead.
June can't help but wonder that having her 'day timer' (appointment book) open isn't exactly the task at hand here. Sometimes it astounds her how content and meaning can somehow be lost due to a desire for precision.

It's the last sentence that Alan wrote that she thought was the real point, no? Is the actual 'day' all that significant against the backdrop of that!?

Take gentle calendar care.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
It's the last sentence that Alan wrote that she thought was the real point,
It's just an interesting debatable point as to find out how many hours was Jesus in the tomb?

But I am glad to see others starting to find some of what I write to be relevant....

Old 10-18-2009, 09:47 AM

3,540 posts, read 5,972,583 times
perhaps more significant, is why three days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity