Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 05:27 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,201 times

Advertisements

syberpriend

Jesus is the Word made flesh.
Remember how it tells us in John 1: that the Word was with God, and the Word was God?

Jesus is God, but Jesus is not the Father.

The Trinity is 3 persons in the one God.

The Father is God
The Son is God
The Spirit is God

Yet there is only One God.

So while the dead body of Jesus was in the tomb there is no power vacuum in heaven....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 05:30 PM

syberpriend
I believe you have asked the question, "If Jesus is God, who ran the universe while Jesus as dead?"

while I could write another post to answer that..I felt this time like mixing it up a bit and offering a video that answers that direct question...

YouTube - Who ran the universe when Jesus was dead?

Old 10-17-2009, 05:33 PM

syberpriend
If you have any more questions that are outside this topic bounds, just feal free to DM me or start your own topic...

Old 10-17-2009, 06:28 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberpriend View Post
Now thsi point Brother Mike, confuses us, why the many sects of Christians agree on 1 point? its been 2000 years for Jesus(PBUH), but still Christian scholars keep on changing their views, last BIBLE version was issued I think in 1970's some yr, which truly critized KJV of Bible.

"GOOD" WEDNESDAY
The Armstrong family has debunked the whole Christian world. They seem to know their arithmetic! Mr Robert Fahey of the "Plain Truth" magazine, delivered a lecture recently at the "Holiday Inn,' Durban, where I was present. Mr Fahey attempted to prove to his Christian audience that Jesus Christ was crucified on a Wednesday and not on Friday, as is supposed by Orthodox Christianity for the past two thousand years. According to him if one counts backwards from Sunday morning deducting 3 DAYS and 3 NIGHTS, one ought to get WEDNESDAY as the answer.
I congratulated Mr Fahey for his ingenuity. I asked him, how was it possible for the past two thousand years the whole Christian world celebrated GOOD FRIDAY instead of GOOD WEDNESDAY. Thus the 1,200,000,000 Christians of the world today are ignorant of the correct day of the so called crucifixion! It means that even the Roman Catholic Church – which claims an unbroken chain of Popes from Peter to this day - according to Mr Fahey are mislead.
GOD OR THE DEVIL?
The question arises, who deceived the millions of Christians for the past TWO THOUSAND years. GOD or the DEVIL? Mr Fahey categorically answered: "THE DEVIL!" "If the devil," I said, "can succeed in confusing the Christians in the most elementary things of their Faith, whether to celebrate a Good Friday or a Good Wednesday, then how much easier for him to mislead Christians in other things concerning God?" Mr Fahey blushed and walked away.

WHAT WAS THE SIGN OF JONAH --- By Ahmed Deedat

From your statements concerning the death and resurrection of Christ, you are obviously not a believer in Christ, so I'm not sure why the day of the week He was crucified on is of any interest to you, but...

It's the easiest thing in the world to turn away from the truth and start following traditions of men. The Catholic Church is a master of that.

Mark 7:7-9 ''BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.'' 8) ''Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.'' 9) He was also saying to them, ''You nicely set aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.''

There is more than one Sabbath that Israel observed. Besides the weekly Saturday Sabbath, there were also annual High Sabbaths. Holy days. The Passover Sabbath was one of these. In the year that Christ was crucified, the Passover occurred on Thursday. Jesus was crucified the day before Passover (John 19:31). He was crucified on Wednesday. By both the Jewish calendar and the Gentile calender, Christ's body was in the tomb for three days.

Quote:
Alan,how much are u sure Jesus (PBUH) was dead and he came back to life? the proof given for his death was not authentic, just a lay-man soldier, who was himself frightened testify that? we may agree he was raised to cross, but within 3-4 hrs he died also?its illogical my friend.
Christ was on the Cross for nine hours, from about 6 A.M. until 3 P.M. It was during the last three hours on the Cross that Christ was being judged for the sins of the world. That is when the supernatural darkness covered the Cross and at least the immediate area around the Cross (Matt.27:45) It was during those last three hours that Christ in his spiritual death said, ''My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?'' The answer: ''For he [The Father] hath made him to be sin for us, who know no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.'' (2 Cor. 5:21)

When the last sin in the history of the human race--past, present, and future, had been poured out on Christ and paid for, He said, TETELESTAI (perfect tense of TELEO), --''It is finished in the past, with the result that it keeps on being finished forever!'' Salvation was completed before He died physically.

Now, the crucifixion did not kill Christ. Jesus dismissed His spirit and brought His own physical life to an end. Luke 23:46 And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said,Father, INTO THY HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT.'' He had finished His work of paying for our sins and now it was time for the next phase.

The physical death of Christ was necessary for His resurrection, since He could not go back to heaven in a body of corruption. And it was necessary for the believers future resurrection.

Proof that Jesus died?

The Roman soldiers would sometimes break the legs of a crucified person in order to hasten death. Because the Passover was about to begin, the Jews didn't want Christ and the two criminals to still be on the cross during the Passover. So the Roman soldiers broke the legs of the two criminals, but when they came to Jesus, they saw that he was already dead. And so, one of the soldiers plunged his spear into Jesus' side, between his ribs and into his heart, just to make sure. And by the way, this is why when he died, Jesus purposely thrust his head forward so that his body would be in the exact position neccessary for the spear to go in between his ribs without breaking his ribs. For it was prophesied that not one of his bones would be broken. (Psalm 34:20) This was done in front of people who witnessed it.

Joseph of Arimathea donated his own prepared tomb for the body of Christ to be placed in.

The body of Christ was placed in that tomb, and a stone rolled into place and a seal was placed on the tomb. To remove the seal was under penalty of death. When Christ was resurrected, the stone was rolled away, and the seal was broken. The stone had been rolled away by angels, not so that Christ could get out, but so that Mary and the others could see in to the tomb.

There had been a number of Roman soldiers stationed at the tomb to ensure that no one came to steal the body.

After the resurrection, there were hundreds of people who saw the resurrected Christ.

Then there's the fact that the cowardly disciples suddenly became fearless in proclaming Christ as Savior. They were transformed because they had seen Christ in His risen state.

Then there's the fact that the local churches began to be established very soon after Christ was resurrected and ascended. That would not have happened if Christ had simply died and had not been resurrected. There was not nearly enough time gone by for a legend to develop. There was only a couple of months gone by between the resurrection of Christ and the start of the Church Age.

And one of the local church leaders was James the brother of Christ. He was one of the actual half-brothers of Christ, who didn't believe that Jesus was the Messiah until after the resurrection.

Quote:
Hope we can have good healthy discussion on Good Friday, I dont make to hurt any1's feelings, but just to show u all reality, which since 2000 yrs is kept hidden for unknown reasons.
''For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved. ( Acts 16:31)

Last edited by Michael Way; 10-17-2009 at 06:43 PM..

Old 10-17-2009, 09:04 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,337,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Just use simple math and you will have your answer...Friday to Sunday does not three days and three nights make.

Like I said, the dates are not important to me.

The period of easter in the Catholic Church is a wonderful esperience, filled with much symbolism and tradition that truely elevates the event to it's rightful place.
From all of the ceemony and scripture surrounding Christs agony on the cross, to His death and glorious victory.
We don't spend anytime debating the exact dates.
We can leave that up to the theological egg heads. And if some day they decide to switch the days it really won't make a hill of bean of difference.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:27 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Mike,
Luke 24:1

[ The Resurrection ] On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.

The first day would be Sunday. Jesus didn't say he would rise (or be in the tomb) for a full 36hrs.
He said on the third day.
on day 1... (Friday) he died
day 2 ...... (Sat) was in the tomb
on day 3 ... (Sun) was in the tomb but resurrected early in the morning.

The reason women went early on the first day of the week (Sun) was because they had to hastily bury him on friday because it was the passover which started at sunset Friday eve. Passover was Sat, which is why they went as early as possible on Sun (the first day of the week) to do a proper burial.

Jesus rose on the first day of the week which is Sunday.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:31 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
What's good about Good Friday?

The payment of sin was completed. The devil lost and now is defeated!

Jesus is King of kings and LORD of lords....hallelujah!
He shall reign forever and ever

Old 10-17-2009, 09:38 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,374,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Just use simple math and you will have your answer...Friday to Sunday does not three days and three nights make.
Who said he was dead for 3 days and 3 nights?

He arose from the dead on the 3rd day

Old 10-17-2009, 10:11 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Mike,
Luke 24:1

[ The Resurrection ] On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.

The first day would be Sunday. Jesus didn't say he would rise (or be in the tomb) for a full 36hrs.
He said on the third day.
on day 1... (Friday) he died
day 2 ...... (Sat) was in the tomb
on day 3 ... (Sun) was in the tomb but resurrected early in the morning.

The reason women went early on the first day of the week (Sun) was because they had to hastily bury him on friday because it was the passover which started at sunset Friday eve. Passover was Sat, which is why they went as early as possible on Sun (the first day of the week) to do a proper burial.

Jesus rose on the first day of the week which is Sunday.
No, Jesus was crucified on Wednesday and Passover that year was on Thursday (Nisan 14), The Feast of Unleavened Bread began on Friday, and the regular weekday Sabbath began on Saturday.

Remember the prophecy of Jonah: Matthew 12:40 ''For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whales belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.''

The three nights added to the three days makes it three twenty four hour periods.

By Jewish reckoning:

Day 1 Sundown Wed. to Sundown Thur.

Day 2 Sundown Thur. to Sundown Fri.

Day 3 Sundown Fri. to Sundown Sat.

This is by the Jewish calendar. Anytime after sunset on Saturday was by Jewish reckoning, the beginning of Sunday. So Jesus could have resurrected any time after sunset on Saturday.

This website gives many passages and a lot of data pertaining to the Passover and to the crucifixion of Christ.

WHAT DAY WAS CHRIST CRUCIFIED?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:50 AM

10 posts, read 18,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
syberpriend

Jesus is the Word made flesh.
Remember how it tells us in John 1: that the Word was with God, and the Word was God?

How u took as it refers to Jesus? its for God, God is 1, his Words are to be followed, Jesus is his servant and prophet, God gave his words to Jesus, so he can tell the ppl not to do idol-worship, or worship any1 beside God. Its not to assume that Jesus is God here.

Jesus is God, but Jesus is not the Father.
What u mean bro that Jesus is God , but not father, where did Jesus said himself as he is God? show me any of verse in Quran, where Jesus said I'am God and worship me.???

The Trinity is 3 persons in the one God.

The Father is God
The Son is God
The Spirit is God

This concept is against monotheism, which is required to fulfil for God, but trinity is, same like Hindu religion, incarnated god, or many gods. God mention many places in bible other prophets and ppl also son of God, so are they all Gods son also? If father is God, and he have son, who is the mother? If mother is Mary, thn is she goddess? does it means god have wife?

Yet there is only One God.

So while the dead body of Jesus was in the tomb there is no power vacuum in heaven....
Whast was the proof that the body in tomb was dead? if it was dead, y Mary went to massah tha body? do christians or Jews massage dead bodies? If no power in the heaven? who brought the thunder storm and shook the earth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity