U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 09:15 AM

10 posts, read 15,564 times

Advertisements

Y Christians have Good Friday?? Whats good in that? If they make it as Jesus Crucifiction, thn y they dont have weekend holiday on Friday, instead of Sunday??

Whats the proof he was taken up to cross on friday, as he said his miracle will of Jonah, for 3 days n 3 nights? that does'nt come till sunday..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 09:50 AM

3,540 posts, read 5,958,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberpriend View Post
Y Christians have Good Friday?? Whats good in that? If they make it as Jesus Crucifiction, thn y they dont have weekend holiday on Friday, instead of Sunday??

Whats the proof he was taken up to cross on friday, as he said his miracle will of Jonah, for 3 days n 3 nights? that does'nt come till sunday..

Answers to these questions are no mystery, and are found very easily.

If it is really the answer to the question you seek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Friday

Old 10-17-2009, 09:57 AM

20,292 posts, read 15,633,754 times
Quote:

Jesus was not crucified on a Friday. That is a Roman Catholic tradition which apparently most people believe. Actually, Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:12 AM

3,540 posts, read 5,958,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Jesus was not crucified on a Friday. That is a Roman Catholic tradition which apparently most people believe. Actually, Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday.
You say that with such certainty. Is it a fact, or also just a belief.

Neither one, friday or wednesday, in my opinion is the most significant aspect of the event.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:33 AM

20,292 posts, read 15,633,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

Neither one, friday or wednesday, in my opinion is the most significant aspect of the event.
The details that are involved are explained at this link:

WHAT DAY WAS CHRIST CRUCIFIED?

Old 10-17-2009, 10:40 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,486,442 times
at some point, during the 3rd day, Jesus came back to life.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Now thsi point Brother Mike, confuses us, why the many sects of Christians agree on 1 point? its been 2000 years for Jesus(PBUH), but still Christian scholars keep on changing their views, last BIBLE version was issued I think in 1970's some yr, which truly critized KJV of Bible.

"GOOD" WEDNESDAY
The Armstrong family has debunked the whole Christian world. They seem to know their arithmetic! Mr Robert Fahey of the "Plain Truth" magazine, delivered a lecture recently at the "Holiday Inn,' Durban, where I was present. Mr Fahey attempted to prove to his Christian audience that Jesus Christ was crucified on a Wednesday and not on Friday, as is supposed by Orthodox Christianity for the past two thousand years. According to him if one counts backwards from Sunday morning deducting 3 DAYS and 3 NIGHTS, one ought to get WEDNESDAY as the answer.
I congratulated Mr Fahey for his ingenuity. I asked him, how was it possible for the past two thousand years the whole Christian world celebrated GOOD FRIDAY instead of GOOD WEDNESDAY. Thus the 1,200,000,000 Christians of the world today are ignorant of the correct day of the so called crucifixion! It means that even the Roman Catholic Church which claims an unbroken chain of Popes from Peter to this day - according to Mr Fahey are mislead.
GOD OR THE DEVIL?
The question arises, who deceived the millions of Christians for the past TWO THOUSAND years. GOD or the DEVIL? Mr Fahey categorically answered: "THE DEVIL!" "If the devil," I said, "can succeed in confusing the Christians in the most elementary things of their Faith, whether to celebrate a Good Friday or a Good Wednesday, then how much easier for him to mislead Christians in other things concerning God?" Mr Fahey blushed and walked away.

WHAT WAS THE SIGN OF JONAH --- By Ahmed Deedat

Alan,how much are u sure Jesus (PBUH) was dead and he came back to life? the proof given for his death was not authentic, just a lay-man soldier, who was himself frightened testify that? we may agree he was raised to cross, but within 3-4 hrs he died also?its illogical my friend.

Hope we can have good healthy discussion on Good Friday, I dont make to hurt any1's feelings, but just to show u all reality, which since 2000 yrs is kept hidden for unknown reasons.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:27 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,115,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

Just use simple math and you will have your answer...Friday to Sunday does not three days and three nights make.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:30 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,486,442 times
Quote:
Alan,how much are u sure Jesus (PBUH) was dead and he came back to life? the proof given for his death was not authentic, just a lay-man soldier, who was himself frightened testify that? we may agree he was raised to cross, but within 3-4 hrs he died also?its illogical my friend.

how much am I sure?...100% sure...LOL

dead is dead..

The death is real, and there are many witnesses to it...
The point of going to the cross was to kill Jesus...
That was the point.
So the fact that Jesus died is not in doubt.

Jesus died.

Jesus was killed for my sins, and that if I turn to him and seek him, that he will forgive all my sins.

Thus, when i die and go before my Eternal Judge, that Judge will look at my life and only see the sinless life of Jesus...
I am made new, and sinless.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
how much am i sure?...100% sure...lol

dead is dead..

The death is real, and there are many witnesses to it... how many witnesses? It was a testimony of a soldier only, no one among all the crowd came to check jesus physicaly,
the point of going to the cross was to kill jesus... the point was there, but by will of god, it didnt happen,
that was the point.
So the fact that jesus died is not in doubt. if he died, u mean ur god died? If god died, who runs the world for those days when he was dead????

jesus died.

Jesus was killed for my sins, and that if i turn to him and seek him, that he will forgive all my sins. if he died for sins of mankind, for future,past, can i commit sin, murder sum1, rape sum1, do theft etc, and tell court that jesus died for my sin, dont punish me, does it seem logical to u???

thus, when i die and go before my eternal judge, that judge will look at my life and only see the sinless life of jesus...
I am made new, and sinless. u wil be made sinless, means all ur life u were commiting sins, and thn before death or after ur sins were clean? I will start killing ppl, keeping faith in jesus, and after death i will be in heaven, wat about those killings??? Does it make any sense brother?wat sickness u r talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity