U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 01:15 AM

702 posts, read 845,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You should educate yourself concerning the unconditional and eternal covenants to Israel. 1) Abrahamic 2) Palestinian 3) Davidic 4) New Covenant to Israel which goes into effect at the second advent of Christ.

"T
here is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Ga 3:28-29, AV)

"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." (Rm 2:28-29, AV)

I wonder Who said these things I'm quoting? It seems it is no one you allow to influence your beliefs.

"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law." (Hb 7:12)
"For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God." (Hb 7:18-19)
"...By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament." (Hb 7:22)
Quote:
4) New Covenant to Israel which goes into effect at the second advent of Christ.

Are you being changed into the image and likeness of God by the Holy Spirit? Are your sins forgiven? Not if you are not in the New Covenant. You can deduce that you are of the latter house of Israel and Judah if the Holy Spirit is writing God's law in your heart and mind, if you know God by His revealing Himself rather than religious indoctrination, and if your sins are forgiven.

Hebrews 8:6-13 (AV)...
6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

First, He came
as an Adamic creature "born of woman." He died to that because "He was crucified and buried. He descended into hell. He was raised from the dead on the third day," Secondly, His coming into us by the Holy Ghost is real. Whatever He ascended into He comes in another form to change us into His image and likeness by the power with which He is able to subdue all things unto Himself.

Quote:
You should look to the Bible itself for the evidence of its dispensational nature. It is abundant. See my thread on dispensationalism. Educate yourself on why the church is to be raptured prior to the beginning of the Tribulation.
Since the Bible neither contains the words "Rapture" or "Seven Years Great Tribulation" the education you are so enamored of cannot be in the knowledge of God or His Word. Your idea that it is out of ignorance I consider racial dispensationalism to be one of the most destructive heresies with which Satan has robbed the people is perhaps the product of your failure to actually read my posts. You should be able to exercise a little reason on that evidence to conclude I understand this work of the devil to rob mankind of the gifts and blessings that belong to them in Christ.

I will go on to tell you that I was born into a family of several generations of professional preachers who indoctrinated me into racial dispensationalism's labyrinth of lies. When I was young we attended meetings for religious instruction...let me enumerate: Sunday School (teaching,) main "service" (?) (three songs and a sermon,) youth service (usually including instruction,) Sunday evening "service," (another three songs and a sermon,) Tuesday night Bible Study (Two songs and a sermon,) Thursday night Prayer Meeting (two songs, prayer and a sermon,) all of which was weekly. Once a month we had a Saturday night "youth" service in the area. We had various meetings called "Revivals" that were two or three songs and a sermon every night. All these meetings were inculcating facets of racial dispensationalism into the attendees. Occasionally God moved and, as was often observed, "The Lord moved so much we didn't even have a sermon." Of course, no one back then considered the implications of God showing up in His body to such an extent that the false government that used some Bible terminology as its own was set aside.

My normal life for years was to be subjected to at least six indoctrination events a week. More or less, it was racial dispensationalism that was on the menu. It permeates like blue veins in blue cheese, so it's hard for its adherents to avoid. God has taken years to extricate me from this deception.

A key I find no fault with is to make my confession of faith with the words God chose to make His revelation known, verifying what is or what is not written by the use of concordances.
Quote:
Educate yourself about the theology involved concerning the separate dealings of God with the church and Israel.
"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace..." (Eph 2:14-15, AV)

Why would I let this influence what I believe? Am I just ignorant? Maybe I just imagine it is God Who gave these words for our conformity to them.
Quote:
There is much you need to learn. Or you can choose to reject the accurate teaching of the Scriptures and continue to believe as you do. It's your choice.
Well, it is true as you say, there is much I need to learn. Already I have much thanks for God has graciously delivered me from many errors in doctrine and practice by helping me to attend to His word, using concordances to determine what is or is not written. One of my puzzles is how to defeat the powers of darkness that hold men's minds in unbelief. How can they approve of themselves and one another in matters pertaining to God as though they were a people who delight to draw near to God, but all the while exalting the words of men above the Word of God. "...ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." (Jesus, in Mt 15:6-9, AV)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 07:38 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,127,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post

"T
here is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Ga 3:28-29, AV)

"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." (Rm 2:28-29, AV)

I wonder Who said these things I'm quoting? It seems it is no one you allow to influence your beliefs.

"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law." (Hb 7:12)
"For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God." (Hb 7:18-19)
[/color][/color]
Are you being changed into the image and likeness of God by the Holy Spirit? Are your sins forgiven? Not if you are not in the New Covenant. You can deduce that you are of the latter house of Israel and Judah if the Holy Spirit is writing God's law in your heart and mind, if you know God by His revealing Himself rather than religious indoctrination, and if your sins are forgiven.

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

First, He came as an Adamic creature "born of woman." He died to that because "He was crucified and buried. He descended into hell. He was raised from the dead on the third day," Secondly, His coming into us by the Holy Ghost is real. Whatever He ascended into He comes in another form to change us into His image and likeness by the power with which He is able to subdue all things unto Himself.

Since the Bible neither contains the words "Rapture" or "Seven Years Great Tribulation" the education you are so enamored of cannot be in the knowledge of God or His Word. Your idea that it is out of ignorance I consider racial dispensationalism to be one of the most destructive heresies with which Satan has robbed the people is perhaps the product of your failure to actually read my posts. You should be able to exercise a little reason on that evidence to conclude I understand this work of the devil to rob mankind of the gifts and blessings that belong to them in Christ.

I will go on to tell you that I was born into a family of several generations of professional preachers who indoctrinated me into racial dispensationalism's labyrinth of lies. When I was young we attended meetings for religious instruction...let me enumerate: Sunday School (teaching,) main "service" (?) (three songs and a sermon,) youth service (usually including instruction,) Sunday evening "service," (another three songs and a sermon,) Tuesday night Bible Study (Two songs and a sermon,) Thursday night Prayer Meeting (two songs, prayer and a sermon,) all of which was weekly. Once a month we had a Saturday night "youth" service in the area. We had various meetings called "Revivals" that were two or three songs and a sermon every night. All these meetings were inculcating facets of racial dispensationalism into the attendees. Occasionally God moved and, as was often observed, "The Lord moved so much we didn't even have a sermon." Of course, no one back then considered the implications of God showing up in His body to such an extent that the false government that used some Bible terminology as its own was set aside.

My normal life for years was to be subjected to at least six indoctrination events a week. More or less, it was racial dispensationalism that was on the menu. It permeates like blue veins in blue cheese, so it's hard for its adherents to avoid. God has taken years to extricate me from this deception.

A key I find no fault with is to make my confession of faith with the words God chose to make His revelation known, verifying what is or what is not written by the use of concordances.

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace..." (Eph 2:14-15, AV)

Why would I let this influence what I believe? Am I just ignorant? Maybe I just imagine it is God Who gave these words for our conformity to them.

Well, it is true as you say, there is much I need to learn. Already I have much thanks for God has graciously delivered me from many errors in doctrine and practice by helping me to attend to His word, using concordances to determine what is or is not written. One of my puzzles is how to defeat the powers of darkness that hold men's minds in unbelief. How can they approve of themselves and one another in matters pertaining to God as though they were a people who delight to draw near to God, but all the while exalting the words of men above the Word of God. "...ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." (Jesus, in Mt 15:6-9, AV)
Priceless....simply Priceless!!

Old 11-02-2009, 10:31 AM

17,968 posts, read 12,463,277 times
Quote:

"T
Dear James, kindly permit me to make some observations:

The "neither Jew nor Greek" is in the "in Christ" relationship or "in Christ" realm. In Christ there is no Jew nor Greek. Outside of the "in Christ" or the "body of Christ" there are Jews and Greeks, bond and free, male and female. Paul addresses each of these classes. In Eph.5:22 he talks about male and female (husbands and wives). in Eph.6:5 he tells the slaves to obey their masters.
In Galatians 2:13 (the same book Paul says there are no Jews or Greeks) Paul talks about the Jews who played the hypocrite with Peter. So there are still Jews and Greeks but NOT IN THE BODY OF CHRIST.
In Galatians 2:3 Paul specifically calls Titus a Greek. But in the body of Christ there is no Greek.

So, in the Lord there are Jews and Greeks, slave and free, male and female but in Christ or in the body of Christ these differences vanish.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:25 PM

79 posts, read 72,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eusebius View Post
dear james, kindly permit me to make some observations:

The "neither jew nor greek" is in the "in christ" relationship or "in christ" realm. in christ there is no jew nor greek. Outside of the "in christ" or the "body of christ" there are jews and greeks, bond and free, male and female. Paul addresses each of these classes. In eph.5:22 he talks about male and female (husbands and wives). In eph.6:5 he tells the slaves to obey their masters.
In galatians 2:13 (the same book paul says there are no jews or greeks) paul talks about the jews who played the hypocrite with peter. So there are still jews and greeks but not in the body of christ.
In galatians 2:3 paul specifically calls titus a greek. But in the body of christ there is no greek.

So, in the lord there are jews and greeks, slave and free, male and female but in christ or in the body of christ these differences vanish.
uh? -----
JESUS IS LORD.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:51 PM

20,330 posts, read 15,705,873 times
Quote:

"T

[/color][/color]

First, He came
as an Adamic creature "born of woman." He died to that because "He was crucified and buried. He descended into hell. He was raised from the dead on the third day," Secondly, His coming into us by the Holy Ghost is real. Whatever He ascended into He comes in another form to change us into His image and likeness by the power with which He is able to subdue all things unto Himself.

As long as you reject the reality of the dispensational nature of God's plan for man, you will never be oriented to God's plan. But that is your choice.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:59 PM

79 posts, read 72,245 times
Quote:
As long as you reject the reality of the dispensational nature of God's plan for man, you will never be oriented to God's plan. But that is your choice.
Mike555, you are very sound doctrinally on so many other issues. I want you to know there are other views than the dispensational view among Bible Scholars.
I use to follow the Pre-Trib rapture view when listening to preachers that I "trusted". Then the Lord Jesus gave me the desire to eat the book for myself and this is when my eyes were opened to to see that the Pre-trib rapture teaching does not have much Biblical support.
I cannot open your or any other persons eyes so it is my prayer that the Lord does the same for anyone who are seekers of the truth because we all have different levels of understanding.
Peter even ACKNOWLEDGED that Paul had written things which were difficult to understand.May our Lord Jesus Bless all who seek Him and His Word.

Last edited by Fenderman; 11-02-2009 at 06:22 PM..

Old 11-02-2009, 08:18 PM

702 posts, read 845,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderman View Post
I cannot open your or any other persons eyes so it is my prayer that the Lord does the same for anyone who are seekers of the truth because we all have different levels of understanding.
Peter even ACKNOWLEDGED that Paul had written things which were difficult to understand.May our Lord Jesus Bless all who seek Him and His Word.
Something so NOT difficult at all you'd think it'd be a clue shouting from the housetops: so many particulars of racial dispensational eschatology (or their pneumatology for that matter) which are never stated in the actual words of Scripture.

The word "Rapture" is never in Scripture, so it should be dumped in honor of God's ability to chose the vocabulary for us to use for what we believe.

"Seven years great tribulation" is not there. If these things could be found you can be sure the advocates of this doctrine would post them immediately.

There's no, "disappearance," of anybody, certainly not of "the racially gentile Church" as they say, certainly not pre, mid, or post trib that's not there! Just no verses whatsoever!!!

There is nothing that says the devil will take over planet earth either; etc., etc.

You've got so many weed that you don't even know what the garden looks like. What to expect in the coming transition into the Milennium is not recognized by you. You are in danger of being found on the wrong side in the days to come.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:43 PM

396 posts, read 505,773 times
Dispensationalism - the apple of Scofield's eye.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderman View Post
Mike555, you are very sound doctrinally on so many other issues. I want you to know there are other views than the dispensational view among Bible Scholars.
I use to follow the Pre-Trib rapture view when listening to preachers that I "trusted". Then the Lord Jesus gave me the desire to eat the book for myself and this is when my eyes were opened to to see that the Pre-trib rapture teaching does not have much Biblical support.
Dispensations are the framework upon which God has designed His plan of salvation for man. Each dispensation brings in a change in the way in which God administers His plan. The dispensations generally are 1) Gentiles; 2) Israel,[age of Israel put on hold, interrupted for the Church] 3) The Church,[rapture terminates the church age; the last seven years remaining to Israel resume as the Tribulation-the time of Jacobs Trouble] 4) Millennium (at end of the Millennial Kingdom, human history ends and the eternal state goes on.

In the Age of Gentiles 1) There was one race of people, 2) One lanquage, 3) No Cannon of Scripture, 4) No basic missionary agency-since there was only one language there was no need for a specified missionary agency. Every believer was responsible for the dissemination of the Gospel. 5) Time span: from the creation of Adam to the destruction of the Tower of Babel--about two thousand years. 6) The four Divine Institutions were developed-volition, marriage, family,(Gen. 6:1-4) nationalism (Gen. 11:1-9) The erection of the Tower of Babel was an attack on nationalism.

The age of The Jews:Three phases

1) Age of Patriarchs (Gen. 12---Ex.20) From Abraham to Moses. Patriarchs were to be the rulers or the heads of their family or tribes.

2) Age of the Law (Ex. 20 to the Book of Acts): from Moses through the ascension of Christ.

3)The Tribulation: a seven year period which completes the age of Israel. It occurs after the Rapture of the Church (1 Thess. 4:13-17) It continues until the return of Christ (1 Thess. 3:13)

Characteristics of the Age of the Jews:
1) Many languages. (Gen. 11:9)

2) Many races of people.

3) A specific missionary agency: the regenerate of Israel.

4) Four unconditional covenants: 1) Abrahamic, 2) Palestinian,3) Davidic, 4) New Covenant to Israel. Each of these covenants have an eternal life clause.

5) Time span: From Abraham to the Second Advent of Christ. Interrupted by the Church age and resumed in the Tribulation.

Age of the Church : From John chapters 14 through 17, the book of Acts, plus the New Testament Epistles, except for certain parts that deal with the Tribulaton, Second Advent or Millennium. Examples: parts of Revelation, 2 Thess 2 and 1 Peter 3.

Church age is divided into:

1)The Precannon Period: from the day of Pentecost (about 33 A.D. to 96 A.D.) The New Testament was in the process of being written, but was not complete. The book of Acts does not contain the doctrines of the church, but gives the historical development of the precanon period of the Church Age. Pre cannon activity was characterized by such temporary spiritual gifts as apostleship, healing, tonques, miracle, etc. These gifts no longer exist, and today we have no bona fied apostles, healers, or people speaking in tonques.

2) The Postcannon Period: from 96 A.D. with the death of the Apostle John, to the present. The Church Age terminates with the Rapture of the Church.

Characteristics of the Church Age, and these are the believer's unique assets:

1) Positional Truth---Union with Christ through the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. This is unique to the Church Age.

2) Universal indwelling of Christ: Every believer is indwelled by Christ. Prophesied by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. ( John 14:20)

3) Universal indwelling of the Holy Spirit: Unique to the Church Age. (Different from the enduement of the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament to a few believers for a specific purpose).

4) Universal Priesthood of the believer.

5) Completed Canon of Scripture.

6) Filling of the Holy Spirit: The means of executing the Christian way of life.

The Millennium or Age of Christ:

Jesus Christ will rule on the earth as the OIKONOMOS or Administrator
The Millennium is divided into several parts.

1) The Second Advent of Christ. The beginning of the Millennium.

2) The Baptism of Fire: as one of the first activities of Christ when He returns to the earth, He separates surviving believers from unbelievers. All unbelievers are cast off the earth; All believers from the Tribulation go into the Millennium. John the Baptst prophesied concerning this in Matthew 3:11; the details are given in Matthew 24:36-46. The Millennium begins with believers only. However, in the course of the repopulation of the Millennial earth, because people still possess an old sin nature, many will become negative and eventually reject Christ as Savior.

3) The Second Advent of Satan: his takes place at the end of the Millennium. (Rev. 20:3) Satan persuades the unbelievers of the Millennium to rebel against perfect environment and the reign of Jesus Christ and leads a revolt against God.

4) The Destruction of the Universe: This wll occur as recorded in 2 Peter 3:7-13, when the earth, as we know it, will no longer exist.

5) The Last Judgment: a final judgment of all unbelievers following the destruction of the earth. Jesus Christ will be the Judge, and the isue will be: do you stand on your own works or the work of Christ? Those who have rejected the judgment of their sins at the Cross must accept the justice of God at the Great White Throne (Rev. 20:11-15)

Characteristics of the Age of Christ:

1) Perfect environment (Isa. 11:1-9)

2) No religion ( that is, the system whereby man by his own efforts and merits tries to gain salvation or the approbation fo God).

3) Great spirituality (Joel 2:28,29)

4) Israel restored: Israel will be regathered universall as a nation under God. Although Israel is a nation today, it is the result of man's work, not God's. When Christ returns, He will regather Israel. (Isa. 35:3-10; Ezek. 20:34)

5) Universal peace: (Psa. 46:9; Hos. 2:18; Mic. 4:3)

6) Universal prosperity (Psa. 72:7, 16)

7) Universal knowledge of God: (Isa. 11:9)

8) Radical changes in nature: (Isa. 35;1,2,7)

9) Extended Life span: (Isa. 65:20)

(Source material 'Dispensations' Robert B. Thieme JR.)

Here is a passage pertaining to the Church-Age:

Eph. 3:1-10 FOR this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles--2) if indeed you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace (dispensation of the Church) which was given to me for you; 3) that by revelation there was made known to me the mystery (dispensation of the Church), as I wrote before in brief. 4) And by referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, (the Church Age) 5) which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit; 6) to be specific, that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel, 7) of which I was made a minister, according to the gift of God's grace which was given to me according to the working of His power. 8) To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ, 9) and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God,(the dispensation of the Church) who created all things; 10) in order that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorites in the heavenly places.

Eph. 1:9-10 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him 10) with a view to an administration suitable to the fulness of the times (dispensation of the Church), that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things upon the earth.

There is an abundance from, and in the Bible, attesting to the reality of the dispensations which form the basis on which God's divine plan rests.

God's plan is Pre-Millennial and dispensational in nature.
You can also go to my thread on Dispensations for details not presented here.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:57 PM

As an addition to the previous post, #179, Here is a diagram of the dispensations:

Dispensations (Visual) : Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or