U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 07:14 AM

170 posts, read 168,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
This is easy to answer. What happened 2000 years ago is the fulfillment of End-Times prophecy because they were living in the End. The End-Times was the end of the Old Covenant Age, and the Last Days were the Last Days of the Old Covenant. We are NOT living in the End-Times or Last Days. We are now Living in the Eternal Age of the Kingdom, WORLD WITHOUT END (Eph.3:21, Isa. 9:7)
Peter wrote 30 years after this event "in the last days will come perilous times"
Paul writing 20 years after these events "the last days will be perilous times"
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 07:17 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,444,181 times
Can you imagine that we're supposed to be feeling good about these things for the expectations in the Lord we really trust?

Last edited by tgnostic; 12-01-2009 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: question mark

Old 12-01-2009, 09:40 AM

392 posts, read 469,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Can you imagine that we're supposed to be feeling good about these things for the expectations in the Lord we really trust?
Gideon said, I am not sure what you mean by this. I feel great about all the end time events; the fulfillment of these prophecies validates our faith in Christ. The tribulation further validates his words; the world hated Jesus and so shall it hate us. Tribulation is suppose to increase our faith and hope as it sure does.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:20 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,394,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Totton Linnet View Post
Peter wrote 30 years after this event "in the last days will come perilous times"
Paul writing 20 years after these events "the last days will be perilous times"
Yes.. they were living in the last days... that is why they wrote letters to each other to be strong during the tribulation to come. They anticipated it within their lifetime.

If you apply all scripture to yourself in your time then that is why we still have people looking toward a day that has passed. The disciples hoped for salvation.. do you hope for salvation or do you have it?

Old 12-01-2009, 11:59 AM

170 posts, read 168,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yes.. they were living in the last days... that is why they wrote letters to each other to be strong during the tribulation to come. They anticipated it within their lifetime.

If you apply all scripture to yourself in your time then that is why we still have people looking toward a day that has passed. The disciples hoped for salvation.. do you hope for salvation or do you have it?
Well if you do not listen to God why would you listen to me? seems like there IS somebody that you are listening to.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Gideon said,

Very obviously you have not read any of the scripture proof that you are Wong with believing the end of the world has come and the tribulation. The apostles asked when the end of the world would come as well as Jesus' coming. Jesus never contested the two were in synchronicity; hence they are. So since the end of the world has not occurred, neither has Jesus returned. The trumpet has been sounded loud and if you refuse to here it, this is on you not us.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
Gideon said,

Very obviously you have not read any of the scripture proof that you are Wong with believing the end of the world has come and the tribulation. The apostles asked when the end of the world would come as well as Jesus' coming. Jesus never contested the two were in synchronicity; hence they are. So since the end of the world has not occurred, neither has Jesus returned. The trumpet has been sounded loud and if you refuse to here it, this is on you not us.
See how you threaten with this supposed end of the world. Why do you need fear to motivate me to believe what you believe? The truth is that the bible does not talk about the end of the world. In fact it states the opposite.

Ephesians 3:21 to Him is the glory in the assembly in Christ Jesus, to all the generations of the age of the ages. Amen

or another translator put it like this:
To him be glory in the church, and in Christ Jesus unto all generations, world without end. Amen.

It seems that this is a succession of many generations for eternity... doesn't it?

Old 12-02-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Well if you do not listen to God why would you listen to me? seems like there IS somebody that you are listening to.
What kind of a debate is that? all you are doing is slinging mud. If you want to discuss scripture I am all for it.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
See how you threaten with this supposed end of the world. Why do you need fear to motivate me to believe what you believe? The truth is that the bible does not talk about the end of the world. In fact it states the opposite.

Ephesians 3:21 to Him is the glory in the assembly in Christ Jesus, to all the generations of the age of the ages. Amen

or another translator put it like this:
To him be glory in the church, and in Christ Jesus unto all generations, world without end. Amen.

It seems that this is a succession of many generations for eternity... doesn't it?
Gideon said
You miss quote me again; the end of the world is as I have stated many times, the end of this age. The end of the age brings severe judgement to the wicked, while an eternal reign with Christ for the saints. It brings damnation to the wicked kings of the earth. This all occurs at the end of the Great Tribulation when the last or seventh trumpet sounds. I can not understand why you have such a hard time comprehending it. It is in plain English, literally. The end also brings the Battle of Armegeddon, Megiddo in the Valley of Jehosophat. You seem to think the end came 2000 years ago, yet you can not understand that was just a miny tribulation period; it by no means is the Great Tribulaiton, soon to come. In summary, things are worse now than they were in Bible times. Just give it time to get to America, as it will. Then you will think the GT is upon you. If you feel threatened by the Bible that is your problem not mine. I feel secure in its promises and prophecies, as I believe it is infallable and God's inspired word. So what if they kill me as a Christian martyr; God bless me then. I do not feel threatened by that, obviously you do. Don't blame me for your obvious lack of understanding in the scriptures; Pray for God to give you understanding and maybe he will. Of one thing I will assure you, the GT will come, martyrs will die, the antichrist will have a horrible reign for 3.5 years (the worst persecution and tribulation ever seen), Jesus will come bodily in His shekinah, great glory and power at the end of those 3.5 years, the saints will raise from the dead, the millenial kingdom will begin here on Earth, etc etc. Do you still not get this?

15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

16And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. 18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

1And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

2For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great *****, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

King James Version (KJV)

Last edited by Gideon7620; 12-02-2009 at 08:15 PM..

Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Gideon said, I have to fully agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or