U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:11 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,121,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It sure makes for fun reading when the blind argues with the blind..........
Who are you calling blind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 AM

10,192 posts, read 10,561,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
You assume because the Book of Revelation stated the time is near, it must mean a couple of years? The Book of Revelation tells us, that all this will occur when the nations of the east will be able to field an army of 200 million men. Such an army was not possible in the past. Yet, China stated they could establish such an army in 1960, and of course, that was just 12 years after Israel declared itself a nation. Now you can make all the assumptions you want about the "time is near". Yet I find the numbers far more believable. The Old Testament prophecy stated, that the Jewish people would return to Israel in (THE LATTER DAYS). And Israel declared itself a nation in 1948, an with that fulfillment, we now find ourselves in the latter days. And we also see the nations of the east in a position to raise up a 200 million man army.
I cannot believe I'm hearing this---and from a 59 YO to boot! I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 16 YO who'd just come out of a Hal Lindsey rally; I bought into all this when I was that age and older, but the blinders fell off my eyes eventually and at the age of 58 too, so I shouldn't be so harsh.

Let me just try to appeal to your rational side one more time and then I'll let it go: try to comprehend the sheer logistics of trying to field a 200 million-man army---having to feed them, supply them, dispose of their waste product. It took the USA 6 months just to get 500,000 men into Iraq and they were flown in! Imagine 200 million soldiers on foot doing a 6000-mile trek (more than twice the distance of the USA from coast to coast) over wild, inhospitable, unforgiving terrain, having to drag along enough supplies to support them and the incredible amount of bodily waste product they'd be leaving behind. Does this sound rational? If it does, then I leave you to your "vision", my friend. Nothing more can be said to help you. You might come to your senses as I did. I hope and pray so.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 10-24-2009 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: additions

Old 10-24-2009, 12:57 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,395,647 times
Quote:
You assume because the Book of Revelation stated the time is near, it must mean a couple of years? The Book of Revelation tells us, that all this will occur when the nations of the east will be able to field an army of 200 million men. Such an army was not possible in the past. Yet, China stated they could establish such an army in 1960, and of course, that was just 12 years after Israel declared itself a nation. Now you can make all the assumptions you want about the "time is near". Yet I find the numbers far more believable. The Old Testament prophecy stated, that the Jewish people would return to Israel in (THE LATTER DAYS). And Israel declared itself a nation in 1948, an with that fulfillment, we now find ourselves in the latter days. And we also see the nations of the east in a position to raise up a 200 million man army.
I am not assuming anything. God told Ezekiel and Daniel to seal up the prophecy because it was a long time off (400+ years in the future). In Revelation, John is told NOT to seal the prophecy because it is near..
It is you who claim that 2000 years is near and 400 is a long time off.

Where do find that an army of 200 million men will need to be raised in an army?

The OT prophecy that stated that Jewish people will return to Israel... and they did return in the first century. They were exiled in the OT and we see they inhabited the region in the first century! That has been fulfilled. If you want to create another exile.. that is your choice but it is not scriptural.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I am not assuming anything. God told Ezekiel and Daniel to seal up the prophecy because it was a long time off (400+ years in the future). In Revelation, John is told NOT to seal the prophecy because it is near..
It is you who claim that 2000 years is near and 400 is a long time off.

Where do find that an army of 200 million men will need to be raised in an army?

The OT prophecy that stated that Jewish people will return to Israel... and they did return in the first century. They were exiled in the OT and we see they inhabited the region in the first century! That has been fulfilled. If you want to create another exile.. that is your choice but it is not scriptural.
You go Kat....but of course....it must be the triple fulfillment theory...LOL

Old 10-24-2009, 01:20 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,823,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Who are you calling blind
For starters, you.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:50 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,395,647 times
Quote:
For starters, you.
I know for a fact that I was blind.. I can see that I was blind when I was a futurist. Those who are blind cannot see their blindness because of course they are blind. Most, if not all, preterists were blind to the truth at one time. When your eyes are opened you can recognize your were blind.. LOL but you are blind still so cannot see.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:20 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,823,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I know for a fact that I was blind.. I can see that I was blind when I was a futurist. Those who are blind cannot see their blindness because of course they are blind. Most, if not all, preterists were blind to the truth at one time. When your eyes are opened you can recognize your were blind.. LOL but you are blind still so cannot see.
You're next.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
For starters, you.
And you're just a wealth of spiritual insight....NOT!

Old 10-24-2009, 03:09 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,681,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You are very wrong about that....the Jews were in no way "spiritual" which is exactly what Jesus pointed out to them. They looked at the "literal" letter of the law and followed it to a tee without following the spiritual aspects of the law which was love and mercy. It seems you are following in their foot steps and I wish you luck with that.
Well, what the Jews actually did, was pick and choose the prophecies they liked, over the one's they did not like. In the case for Christ, they ignored the prophecy that stated He would be a man of sorrows. And they imbraced the prophecy that stated He would be a mighty King. It was a classic case of putting the cart before the horse. The Jews were very religious, yet they dismissed or ignored the prophecies that did not fit their worldview. And if they did follow the letter of the law, they would of follow their own prophecies. And if I was following in their foot steps, I would be like so many today that rationalize away those prophecies. Ignore the prophecies, and you will be just like the Jews of the past.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Well, what the Jews actually did, was pick and choose the prophecies they liked, over the one's they did not like. In the case for Christ, they ignored the prophecy that stated He would be a man of sorrows. And they imbraced the prophecy that stated He would be a concerning King. It was a classic case of putting the cart before the horse.The Jews were very religious, yet they dismissed or ignored the prophecies that did not fit their worldview. And if they did follow the letter of the law, they would of follow their own prophecies. And if I was following in their foot steps, I would be like so many today that rationalize away those prophecies. Ignore the prophecies, and you will be just like the Jews of the past.
I suggest you go back to the NT and study exactly what Jesus condemned the Jews for...it's obvious it's not very clear to you from your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or