U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 12:21 PM

55,634 posts, read 74,577,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Awwww...Huck, I love you...even in your asbestos suit......the newer model...
its not cuz of jesus, its cuz i whupped em. they had it comin. sorry i ran outa cheeks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 12:43 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,261,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I, and many others, are hated by "the world" because we a NOT believers in God and Jesus. Yes it is true. We are despised by most of America. (I don't know about other countries). Christians have more respect and "love" for the worst sinners than they do for the best atheists! So where does that leave us? Are we saved cause we're hated?
I love ya Dani...and I don't care what you believe...that is between you and God.

I let my light shine and if you ask to have some of my light, I will share it with you otherwise I will keep my big trap shut...that's a huge lesson alot of folks could benefit from.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:14 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,417,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its not cuz of jesus, its cuz i whupped em. they had it comin. sorry i ran outa cheeks.
Thank you for the rose Huck...that's so sweet ...I love flowers, and I will treasure this one especially......you're a good soul...

Old 08-25-2014, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 656 times
Talking Why the word hates the true believer

To anyone questioning why should the world hate a true christian; the answer defies logic.
You would think if someone is a good/true christian,he or she is a nice person, and so should automatically be loved by everyone. The truth is stranger than fiction. You can be the nicest person/christian but people in the world respond to you with hate and dislike.
A good example is Jesus. Many historians believe that there was truly a man by the name of Jesus Christ,who was reputed to heal the sick,the blind ,lame and even raise the dead. He even fed the poor,5000 people at one instance. What payment did He receive from the people of this world?
The whole town,multitudes,thousands may be even hundreds of thousands cried out "crucify Him!"
They wanted Jesus destroyed although Jesus had a reputation of doing good to humanity.

Why does the world hate Jesus so much? Because Jesus testified that the things done in the world are evil;hatred,thefts,adulteries/fornication,lusts,jealousy,theft,selfishness,withc raft,violence and the like. A lot of people in the world do not want to stop doing ungodly deeds. So they hate Jesus and true christians for convicting them of sin. John 7:7
A true christian does not even have to preach to them or talk about Jesus, but the lifestyle of a true christian convicts those who do not want Jesus. A true christian's lifestyle is like a letter being read.
2nd Corinthians 3: verses 2 and 3.

Imagine a true christian who does not curse with the mouth,does not drink beer or wine,does not smoke cigarretes etc,does not talk dirty or lustfully,does not practice sexual immorality,does not gossip or backbite others,speaks the trutha always; such a person is a rare jewel in this modern ,beautiful,sophisticated world. A lot of non-christians who do not practice the above morals will be uncomfortable of that Christian's presence.
The very presence of the true christian convicts those who are carnal that they need to change, and they do no like it; and so reject,hate the true believer.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:17 PM

17,516 posts, read 10,600,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
T

Imagine a true christian who does not curse with the mouth,does not drink beer or wine,does not smoke cigarretes etc,does not talk dirty or lustfully,does not practice sexual immorality,does not gossip or backbite others,speaks the trutha always; such a person is a rare jewel in this modern ,beautiful,sophisticated world. A lot of non-christians who do not practice the above morals will be uncomfortable of that Christian's presence.
The very presence of the true christian convicts those who are carnal that they need to change, and they do no like it; and so reject,hate the true believer.
And wanna be Christians hate them too because .... they see they can't remain in the world, part of the world, liked by the world and practicing, loving and desiring the things of the world; and really be a Christian.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:09 PM

16,256 posts, read 7,644,495 times
The only thing the world hates is the self-righteousness so many "abstainers" display.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:55 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,872,709 times
In sure some folks don't like me. But not everyone in the world. Some people actually like me.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:14 AM

1,614 posts, read 950,903 times
I believe Jesus was saying that those who do not follow the world system would be hated. Those who do not "play the game" of nepotism, kissing up to the rich to get ahead -- I think this is a lot of what he meant when he said the "world would hate you". This world system does not play by fairness. It is pretty much a given that to get anywhere in political power you have to become corrupt. That's because the world system demands it. If you want power in this world you are going to have to kiss some butts and pretend to bow down to things you know are wrong.

As for the thing about smoking cigarettes written above - that has nothing to do with the world system and in fact, people who smoke are now despised by the majority of the world.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:36 PM

8,099 posts, read 7,065,854 times
The devil demons and fallen angels hate God , and these celestial being can have the minds and mouths of the people of the world as they will invade all people and flesh , as the Word of God said that the spirit of this world has blinded the people of the truth ``..Jesus has the power to put these world spirit out of the people who come in faith and He does ........ So Naturalism supporter believe that Christianity is an offense and should be all closed down ..........Atheist believe that Christians can do what they want but just don`t bother me ......Agnostics put God in a box and sees who small he can be .....Religions of the world are blasphemed that God has a son in Christianity and all the offenses that Christians put on other religions will never be forgiven

Old 08-29-2014, 06:39 PM

1,614 posts, read 950,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The devil demons and fallen angels hate God , and these celestial being can have the minds and mouths of the people of the world as they will invade all people and flesh , as the Word of God said that the spirit of this world has blinded the people of the truth ``..Jesus has the power to put these world spirit out of the people who come in faith and He does ........ So Naturalism supporter believe that Christianity is an offense and should be all closed down ..........Atheist believe that Christians can do what they want but just don`t bother me ......Agnostics put God in a box and sees who small he can be .....Religions of the world are blasphemed that God has a son in Christianity and all the offenses that Christians put on other religions will never be forgiven
That is a lot of generalizing you have done about various groups. It sounds like you are basically saying that all the other religious and philosophical groups hate Christianity because they are God's chosen or favorite, but you do not give any thought to the fact that a lot of people actually hate Christianity because it often acts so ugly and despicable. I've never met a fundamentalist who will admit this, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or