Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 01:56 AM

302 posts, read 553,501 times

Advertisements

Jesus said this to his disciples:

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me." John 15:18-21

This reward is promised to those who are hated for Christ's sake:

"Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets." Luke 6:22-23

According to John, it is easy to discern the children of God and the children of the devil:

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you." 1 John
3:10-13

Donna Kupp

"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets." Luke 6:26
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 05:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
If the world hates just you for walking in His love then what Jesus said is being fulfilled.(And no love isn't pointing out someone elses's faults)

If the world hates you because you are a judgemental religious bigot who is always talking about sin and how wonderful you are because you keep the commandments, and cannot identify with people and where they are at , then you are reaping what you sow.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:05 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
Jesus said this to his disciples:

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me." John 15:18-21

This reward is promised to those who are hated for Christ's sake:

"Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets." Luke 6:22-23

According to John, it is easy to discern the children of God and the children of the devil:

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you." 1 John
3:10-13

Donna Kupp

"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets." Luke 6:26
Yes Donna...Thank you for the reminder.

I sometimes forget this in my daily walk, that it's actually a good thing, to be hated by the world for following God's commandments, and not being afraid to let the world know that you do...that it's actually a good thing, to be hated by the world for expressing your desires to please the Lord and be in His will above your own, and not being afraid to let the world know that this is what you live for...that it's actually a good thing to know what sin is, and what the truth is about how God feels about it, and where it wil lead someone, and not be afraid to let the world know His truth as we are taught to do as His disciples...but, as a disciple I must be sure to be hated for doing the right thing in God's eyes, and not be a stumbling block...on a daily basis, keep myself in check, that I am doing and saying what pleases my Father, if I don't...I better make it right, with Him.

...Being only human we want so much to be loved...isn't this how God created us, like Him...made to need to be loved? This is what makes me do what I do...love.

...The love that I get from fellow brothers and sisters in Christ far outweighs the hatefulness I receive from the world...the love of God toward me comforts me...Amen.

God Bless you sister,
Love,
Verna.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:56 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Actually, the world would not really hate you for keeping God's command to love. Why would they even care what you believe? Really, think about this...

Jesus said the WORLD would hate you. WHY would the WORLD hate you?

What is the WORLD? Could it be:

Again, the devil *took Him to a very high mountain and *showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory; and he said to Him, "All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me."

We know that Jesus did not submit to any authority on earth. In fact they had no authority over Him. His Kingdom was not of this world:

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

His kingdom is Light, not darkness. His kingdom could not be of this world. Therefore, our kingdom is not of this world, which means we cannot submit to the kingdoms of this world.

Again, I submit the history of the early Christians. When the Romans came by with their caravans, seeking the people to pay homage to Cesaer as Lord. When the Christians did not do this, they were beheaded or imprisoned and put to death later.

The world they lived in hated them. But we are not talking of the world as the earth. We are talking of the world as the kingdoms of the world.

If a group of Christians decided they were not going to submit to ANY unjust laws in the United States, they would be labeled a cult, and made to be an enemy of the state.

So, this is what He is talking about, as far as I believe. Of course, i may be wrong.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:19 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
HotinAZ expressed in the first line of his above post exactly what June was thinking:

If one is truly a Christian, then why in the world would the world hate you?

In short: There would be no reason to. (The operative words here being "truly" a "Christian.")

P.S. ~"So simple even an atheist can get it!"...

Old 10-18-2009, 09:51 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,118 times
Quote:
If the world hates you because you are a judgemental religious bigot who is always talking about sin and how wonderful you are because you keep the commandments, and cannot identify with people and where they are at , then you are reaping what you sow.
^Agreed. Constantly braying about your sinless life, while consigning others to hell.......yeah, some will hate you. More intelligent folks will simply realize hypocrisy and go on about their business.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:53 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
HotinAZ expressed in the first line of his above post exactly what June was thinking:

If one is truly a Christian, then why in the world would the world hate you?

In short: There would be no reason to. (The operative words here being "truly" a "Christian.")

P.S. ~"So simple even an atheist can get it!"...

^Yep.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:18 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If the world hates just you for walking in His love then what Jesus said is being fulfilled.(And no love isn't pointing out someone elses's faults)

This is the most frustrating part of dealng with such bigoted believers . . . they not only exhibit the most obnoxious and hateful of attitudes toward others . . . but they also elevate it in their minds as some sort of saintly righteousness in the eyes of God. They refuse to see that it is their obnoxiousness that is hated . . . not belief in Jesus. . . . still can't rep ya!

Last edited by MysticPhD; 10-18-2009 at 11:32 AM..

Old 10-18-2009, 11:36 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Matthew 5
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Did the prophets declare the full truth of God? Did the prophets warn of judgement? Did the prophets speak out against sin and disobedience? Yes, Yes and Yes. This is par for the course for Jesus' real disciples until this whole world implodes under God's wrath.

The only safety to be found is under Jesus' wings of grace that is provided through divine blood that was shed 2000 years ago. The power is in the blood!

Exodus 24
5 And he [Moses] sent young men of the children of Israel, which offered burnt offerings, and sacrificed peace offerings of oxen unto the LORD.
6 And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basins; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar.
7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
8 And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Matthew 5
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Did the prophets declare the full truth of God? Did the prophets warn of judgement? Did the prophets speak out against sin and disobedience? Yes, Yes and Yes. This is par for the course for Jesus' real disciples until this whole world implodes under God's wrath.

The only safety to be found is under Jesus' wings of grace that is provided through divine blood that was shed 2000 years ago. The power is in the blood!

Exodus 24
5 And he [Moses] sent young men of the children of Israel, which offered burnt offerings, and sacrificed peace offerings of oxen unto the LORD.
6 And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basins; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar.
7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
8 And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.
Amen scgraham...Amen. And God Bless you.

Thank you precious Jesus for your abiding love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity