Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:54 PM

259 posts, read 937,505 times

Advertisements

By MONTANAGUY
Quote:
That kind of attitude has been around a very long time. Remember what a big thing it was for John Kennedy to become the first Catholic President? I think it's probably still going on though which is too bad. I know some very nice Catholics and it's insulting to them that's for sure. This same sort of attitude is happening with the Republican Mitt Romney who happens to be a Mormon and of course we've never had a Mormon President either. I hope people don't beat that to death if he becomes the nominee.
The problem people had with Kennedy was not that he was a Roman Catholic! Like Truman said: "I have no problem with him The problem I have is with the POP"! Big Daddy Kennedy was a big time organized crime boss! The Kennedys up until today still recieve monetary proceeds from the sale of every bottle of scotch and wiskey.

Mormons are not Christians! Mormons follow the book of Mormon not the Judeo-Christian Bible! The Book of Mormon says Jesus and Luicfer are brothers and joint creators of the world! On the other hand The Bible says that Jesus and only Jesus is the sole creator! Jesus Christ is the sole creator of Man the World and Universe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 12:19 AM

923 posts, read 3,506,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
So I've never heard this before until I started reading posts in this forum: that many Christians don't consider Catholics Christians. Yes, I've heard of other religions but my question is the Catholic religion. Why aren't Catholics Christian in some of you Christians' point of view?

My husband is Catholic so I asked him and he's never heard of this either. Can somebody respond to this?

Uhhh,
Ever Heard about the Original "Christians", (Actually, the originals were all Jews/Hebrews)

Old 05-09-2007, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
So the royal family doesn't believe Catholics are Christians?

I guess that makes sense with the whole Catholic/Protestant wars, arguments, discord or whatever word deems appropriate I guess.
The Schizm(Breaking apart from) the Catholic Church by the British had to do with One of the Kings(Henry the XIII, i think) wanted to divorce and remarry and The Pope(aka. the Bishop of Rome) would not grant him permission to remarry...So; Henry basically said, "I'll show you...I'll start the Church of England and I-the King-shall lead this church...

Old 05-09-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
And I didn't say there was anything wrong with consulting a priest. . . I simply stated that if one needs answers the best place IMO is not man, but God's word.Protestants don't believe that the clergy have any more access to God than anyone else. . . another difference. We don't believe we need a priest or anyone to intercede for us, we have direct access through prayer.
spunky1, With all due respect;
Pentacostals, especially, Treat their individual Pastor "As A GOD",
They worship their Pastor...

And usually it's some under-educated con-man without any formal education...
On the Other hand; Catholic Priests are Extemely educated and take "The Vow of Poverty"...So their committment to GOD/Man/Money is beyond reproach...imho, ymmv...

Catholic Nuns as well.!

Old 05-09-2007, 12:48 AM

562 posts, read 655,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
That kind of attitude has been around a very long time. Remember what a big thing it was for John Kennedy to become the first Catholic President? I think it's probably still going on though which is too bad. I know some very nice Catholics and it's insulting to them that's for sure. This same sort of attitude is happening with the Republican Mitt Romney who happens to be a Mormon and of course we've never had a Mormon President either. I hope people don't beat that to death if he becomes the nominee.

Insulting to Catholics? Haha well the Catholics insult US all the time calling US Satanists. That being said, US, are the Freemasons, and NO we are NOT Satanists!

I know, that was off topic, but I had to get it out of my system

Old 05-09-2007, 01:22 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,278,578 times
I think this thread goes a long way to supporting my opinion that religion is the root of all evil...track down the number of wars that have been fought because of religion...its a very sad thing when something like this seperates so many people when it was meant to bring them together...If you can't get along with each other here on earth AND it ends up there is a heaven, do you all expect god to wave a wand over your heads and end the bickering??? Is that how it goes?

Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I think this thread goes a long way to supporting my opinion that religion is the root of all evil...track down the number of wars that have been fought because of religion...its a very sad thing when something like this seperates so many people when it was meant to bring them together...If you can't get along with each other here on earth AND it ends up there is a heaven, do you all expect god to wave a wand over your heads and end the bickering??? Is that how it goes?
Exactly...

Old 05-09-2007, 02:02 AM

4,433 posts, read 4,849,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee62 View Post
By MONTANAGUY

The problem people had with Kennedy was not that he was a Roman Catholic! Like Truman said: "I have no problem with him The problem I have is with the POP"! Big Daddy Kennedy was a big time organized crime boss! The Kennedys up until today still recieve monetary proceeds from the sale of every bottle of scotch and wiskey.

Mormons are not Christians! Mormons follow the book of Mormon not the Judeo-Christian Bible! The Book of Mormon says Jesus and Luicfer are brothers and joint creators of the world! On the other hand The Bible says that Jesus and only Jesus is the sole creator! Jesus Christ is the sole creator of Man the World and Universe!
That may be one of the reasons, a minor one at that. The main reason was that people feared a Catholic president would owe his allegiance to the Pope and not our country.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:09 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,278,578 times
Well I have that SAME fear about Mitt Romney...and his allegiance to the Mormon church.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 AM

4,433 posts, read 4,849,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I don't think religion causes wars, it may be used as an excuse to go to war at times. People in power have used religion to rally the people to go to war, to form their armies. Power and greed is the root of all evil. Power corupts, absolute power corupts absolutly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity