U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 04:46 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,651,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I suggest you go back and read your own posts....because you said when we die now we go straight to be with God and that is false if you subscribe to a futurist reading of scripture. Hades is not emptied out until the resurrection, which according to you hasn't occurred yet. You can't have it both ways....even though you'd like to.

Mikey...to be honest with you....I think your frakkin lost like a fart in a whirlwind of dispensensational dogma and doctrine and you can no longer see the forest for the trees. You're posts are extremely cultish like and not how God expects His children to act in this world. Good Luck with that pal!
The soul goes into the presence of the Lord at physical death, and at some point in the future, the body is resurrected. Are you truly so bereft of understanding, that you cannot distinquish between the soul and the body?This is what you are rejecting. And since by your own admission, you don't believe that Jesus is 100% God, (thread: 'For those who deny the Free will of Man' post #96), it is you who have a very cultish and Satanic belief. Jesus is eternal and infinite God and true humanity in one person, which makes Him the unique person of the universe.

By your refusal to learn from those who have knowledge of the Scriptures and instead call them carnal men, and by your mistaken believe that you are being taught directly by God, you have cut yourself off from any chance of spiritual growth. The things that you believe to be true are in fact doctrines of demons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 05:01 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,118,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The soul goes into the presence of the Lord at physical death, and at some point in the future, the body is resurrected. Are you truly so bereft of understanding, that you cannot distinquish between the soul and the body?This is what you are rejecting. And since by your own admission, you don't believe that Jesus is 100% God, (thread: 'For those who deny the Free will of Man' post #96), it is you who have a very cultish and Satanic belief. Jesus is eternal and infinite God and true humanity in one person, which makes Him the unique person of the universe.

By your refusal to learn from those who have knowledge of the Scriptures and instead call them carnal men, and by your mistaken believe that you are being taught directly by God, you have cut yourself off from any chance of spiritual growth. The things that you believe to be true are in fact doctrines of demons.
Blah....Blah....and more Blah....go play with your dispensensationalist fantasy friends Mikey and we will all just stay damned according to you. ROFL....

Old 10-28-2009, 09:32 PM

3,259 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Wow, simply amazing when you bolded that part ChristyGrl! Christ "will appear a second time for salvation"!
I was thinking the same thing.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:00 AM

1,647 posts, read 1,708,182 times
Quote:
soul and the body
it is Platonist anthropology to seperate men in body and soul, it is true that the bible speaks of body, sould and spirit of men, but there is no hint in the bible that any part of a human can live on it's own, only a human in its wholeness, body, spirit and soul is alive, is a living soul. The soul according to scripture is not immortal.

the bible has been interpreted through Platonist lenses from the very beginning of Christianity, this is an error in my opinion.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:16 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,488,048 times
Im not sure, but I think wherever I read the word 'soul" I can replace it with the word "spirit" and the sentence still works...

Old 10-29-2009, 08:55 AM

1,647 posts, read 1,708,182 times
if soul and spirit is the same, why does the bible distinct between each other?, nephesch/ruach in Hebrew, psychÍ/pneuma in Greek, obviously it is not the same.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:36 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,389,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Im not sure, but I think wherever I read the word 'soul" I can replace it with the word "spirit" and the sentence still works...
I think its pretty clear in Genesis that body + spirit = soul...

Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

You could say body + God's breath = soul

Either way soul is what man becomes when given life, not a part of man.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
if soul and spirit is the same, why does the bible distinct between each other?, nephesch/ruach in Hebrew, psychÍ/pneuma in Greek, obviously it is not the same.
I think the term you are looking for is "synonyms"

Two words that are different but mean the very same thing

Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,389,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I think the term you are looking for is "synonyms"

Two words that are different but mean the very same thing
According to Genesis and math they can't be synonyms..

A (body) + B (breath or spirit) = C (living soul)

A cannot equal C...

Old 10-29-2009, 10:47 AM

I went looking for a more visible form for my answer this time.
The Body/Soul/Spirit Question - posted by Christian Research Institute (CRI) - tangle.com
I found this video that is about word-for-word what I believe about the whole question of a "soul AND spirit", or a "soul OR spirit"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or