U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2009, 03:15 AM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I agree but animals are also conscious and therefore have a consciousness....
There is also evidence that Chimps have amazing recollection and deducing skills..
Always try to remember, that humans, and humans ALONE are made in the Image of God...

And that this has NOTHING to do with our brains, nor our ability to think, our conscious, our ability to remember, our power to deduce, or anything even slightly connected to the flesh.

It has nothing to do with the human ability to "reason and communicate with the spoken word"
If you can find it in an autopsy, if you can run a test for it, if you can point to it, if you can see in on an x-ray , it is not the part of man made in God's image....

When a person dies, if you want to know what was the part of him made in the image of God?...go to the grave, watch as they lower the body in the casket into the dirt.
Look down and know that the part of man that is made in the image of God is not down there....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2009, 06:14 AM
 
20,298 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
who are you, to determine which parts of scriptures are true, and which not? - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2Tim. 3:16)

how can you say Salomo was no believer when he wrote Ecclesiastes?

Ecc. 12:13.14

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

that does not sound as if Salomo was no believer



this is what you says, not what scripture says, the dead are dead; for men there will be a ressurection, for animals I suppose not, if there were no ressurection, men would be and stay dead just as animals: If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die (1Co. 15:32).
Try reading the book of Ecclesiastes with comprehension. It is presenting the erronious thoughts of Solomon while he was experimenting with human means of chasing after happiness. He tried to find happiness through sex, education, philosophy, wealth, reputation, and other means. His thinking was that of an unbeliever. That does not mean he Was an unbeliever. It means that his thinking was indistinquishable from that of an unbeliever. In his later life, he turned back to God. God allowed the false thinking of Solomon to be recorded for the benefit of future generations, so that they might see what happens to someone who turns his back on God.

By the way, his name is not Salomo. It's Solomon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 08:39 AM
 
20,298 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post


Oh Mike look at what you are saying here. Now you are saying some scripture is not true! This is what your false doctrines have led you to.

Scripture contradicts you here:

Ecc 3:21 Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

But you probably don't believe this verse either since "Ecclesiastes is not true".
This is more erroneous thinking on the part of Solomon. He was thinking as an Agnostic thinks here. His thoughts, ''Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward,'' is Agnosticism. And then he falsely states that the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth. Animals do not have spirits. In his quest for happiness under the sun, Solomon had forgotten the doctrine he had known concerning God. He was 'under the sun'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Always try to remember, that humans, and humans ALONE are made in the Image of God...

And that this has NOTHING to do with our brains, nor our ability to think, our conscious, our ability to remember, our power to deduce, or anything even slightly connected to the flesh.

It has nothing to do with the human ability to "reason and communicate with the spoken word"
If you can find it in an autopsy, if you can run a test for it, if you can point to it, if you can see in on an x-ray , it is not the part of man made in God's image....

When a person dies, if you want to know what was the part of him made in the image of God?...go to the grave, watch as they lower the body in the casket into the dirt.
Look down and know that the part of man that is made in the image of God is not down there....
Dead people don't think so obviously the human ability to reason and communicate isn't part of the flesh. If you put a dead man's heart in a live person it works.. almost every part of the body can be re-used... except the brain. It's useless once your dead. Therefore the reasoning, the mind.. left upon death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Dead people don't think so obviously the human ability to reason and communicate isn't part of the flesh. If you put a dead man's heart in a live person it works.. almost every part of the body can be re-used... except the brain. It's useless once your dead. Therefore the reasoning, the mind.. left upon death.
Cut into my foot, and I will walk funny from then on.
Cut into my brain and I will have trouble thinking from then on.

Yet the part of me that is made in the image of God is unaffected now matter what you cut.

the ability to think and talk is not the part of me that is made in the image of God...for we are made inside our mothers, and even at that young age, we are still fully made in the image of God....

Even if we never learn to speak...
Even if we are born blind and mute.
Even if we have mental retardation .

no matter the condition of our "flesh" we are still 100% fully made in the image of God....

anything that is connected to our flesh, or is subject to our flesh is not made in the image of God...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 02:42 AM
 
Location: Germany
1,647 posts, read 1,707,321 times
Reputation: 842
Quote:
By the way, his name is not Salomo. It's Solomon.


sry I'm German, in German it's Salomo, btw the apostle you call James, his Greek name is Jakobos, I always wonder why you've called him James

I can understand Petros -> Peter, but Jakobos -> James ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 04:33 AM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post


sry I'm German,?
"sry"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top