U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2009, 03:12 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Reputation: 892

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No mistake here at all. 'As capable as God.' He caused one third of the angels to rebel against God in his attempt to userp the throne of God. He wanted to be like God. And so simple a thing as this you can not even grasp? Or you just want to mince words for the sake of argument? Which is it?

Take your universalist beliefs and flush them down the toliet, because that's where they belong.
Oh my friend you are so very wrong. And you will one day rejoice that you were so wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2009, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No mistake here at all. 'As capable as God.' He caused one third of the angels to rebel against God in his attempt to userp the throne of God. He wanted to be like God. And so simple a thing as this you can not even grasp? Or you just want to mince words for the sake of argument? Which is it?

Take your universalist beliefs and flush them down the toliet, because that's where they belong.
Mike~ you never responded to my post earlier...
So I will repost it I guess.

Yes God can and will bring salvation to all... you seem to believe that a person must accept the salvation.

So... just for that I will go down and pay your utility bill.. SAVE you from the utility bill... Does the utility company still count it against you?

NO because the transaction is between ME and the utility company and has nothing to do with you accepting it. Just as the salvation transaction was between Christ and God... We have nothing to do with it...

Now you can ignore that I paid your utility bill, but it won't matter to me or the utility company..

Do you get that if you say there are exceptions to how one is saved without scripture to back it up then your whole argument that only Some are saved falls apart. If God is able to bring salvation to ALL MEN which you just said, then of course he is able to SAVE ALL MEN!!!

Tell me please why you would think that Jesus paid the debt of sin yet God still holds the debt against us...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2009, 08:08 PM
 
3,259 posts, read 5,097,230 times
Reputation: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Do you think you were alive before you were physically born on earth?
No. I became into existence the moment my father's sperm fertilized my mother's egg with God's help of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2009, 08:24 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 3,487,341 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The bible teaches it.
I didnt ask that...

I asked if you know of any church in the phone book that teaches this idea?

Or is it something that you have found that no one else you can name has found too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2009, 08:57 PM
 
2,945 posts, read 4,771,609 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
No. I became into existence the moment my father's sperm fertilized my mother's egg with God's help of course.
What actually made you come into existence? God , I know. But what was it about that precise second that caused you to exist. You did`t even have a heartbeat or any organs or thought at the very second that the sperm met the egg. So what was it or what happened at that second that caused you to exist?

Last edited by spm62; 10-24-2009 at 09:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2009, 09:28 PM
 
Location: Comunistafornia, and working to get out ASAP!
1,959 posts, read 4,641,664 times
Reputation: 919
Does the Bible Teach the Doctrine of "Soul Sleep?

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 PM
 
3,259 posts, read 5,097,230 times
Reputation: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
What actually made you come into existence? God , I know. But what was it about that precise second that caused you to exist. You did`t even have a heartbeat or any organs or thought at the very second that the sperm met the egg. So what was it or what happened at that second that caused you to exist?
There's a Scripture that says Jer. 1:5, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you..." Sounds like to me that God knew us before we were formed in our mother's womb. You can take that literally or figuratively. But I don't get your point. My existence is not contingent upon me knowing that I am here at a precise moment. My reasoning this way is for you to simply look at the people who are blind, death, and brain dead. Does that negate the fact that they don't know or forgot about being in existence? What cause me to exist was the moment my parent's sperm and egg fertilized. Now after that, I thank God that my mother didn't abort me out of existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2009, 10:21 PM
 
Location: UPSTATE SC
1,405 posts, read 2,109,024 times
Reputation: 636
Daniel 12:2

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 3:13

No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven- the Son of Man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2009, 10:23 PM
 
Location: UPSTATE SC
1,405 posts, read 2,109,024 times
Reputation: 636
John 5: 28-30 (NIV)

Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out – those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgement is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Here Jesus tells those who are listening how the dead will come forth from their graves

This obviously is a huge corner stone to support the “soul sleep” theory and who will argue with Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2009, 10:26 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
John 5: 28-30 (NIV)

Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out – those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgement is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Here Jesus tells those who are listening how the dead will come forth from their graves

This obviously is a huge corner stone to support the “soul sleep” theory and who will argue with Jesus?
Well some deny that the new covenant has begun and therefore there is still "soul sleep" and others say that the there is still "soul sleep" so I think that is the debate. I believe that the new covenant opened the veil in the holy of holies and so there is no soul sleep as there was in the old covenant. IMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top