U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 08:08 PM

9,444 posts, read 14,995,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
The Bible says homosexuality is a sin. The same Bible also says that women should not teach or preach.

So if we are to interpret the Bible literally, since the Bible says nothing about smoking pot, am I correct in assuming that smoking pot is OK?
Well, I believe that God gave us our bodies as temples to take the best possible care of them as we can. That means treating your body with respect and not doing anything harmful to it, as He gave it to us as possessions. Do I think that smocking pot is a sin? Just as much of a sin as eating junk food, smocking cigars and etc...Bottom line is, it is sinful to purposefully and knowingly harm your body and we all do that, hence, we are all sinners. Thank God for Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 08:35 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,227,373 times
I think the real question is: why do you care?

Old 11-07-2009, 08:40 PM

29,739 posts, read 47,539,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Many. But for starters, "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20)
Right the 'body of Christ' the church must never be harmed.

We are each members in particular of that body too, we can not all be the hand, nor the foot, but each member of the body needs all of the other members.

We must keep the body from harm.

Your point?

Could we possibly get back to the OP now?

Quote:
... Would getting high on a drug glorify God?
Psalm 104:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
:2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
:3 Who ...
:13 He ...
:14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man:
that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
:15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man,
and oil to make his face to shine,
and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

Yes. God gave man great and wonderful gifts.
In each case to bring greater glory to God.

Quote:
... Would getting high on a drug be something the Holy Spirit would like to be involved in; is that something He would do? No, obviously not.
Obviously not if you insist upon refusing the Glory of God's Word.

I would prefer to go to the Bible to see what God has to say in these issues.

Quote:
... "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." (Romans 12:1, 2)
Yes, and now back to the OP shall we?

Quote:
... Would getting high on a drug be holy and acceptable to God? No.
Only if you insist upon man's doctrine.

Why must you so insist on following devils?

God's Word is simple, God's Word is pure. Read and study God's Word, walk away from idols.

Quote:
... "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth." (Colossians 3:2)
Please do. You owe it your yourself.

Quote:
... "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." (1 Corinthians 2:16)

Would getting high on a drug be something Jesus would have in mind? No.
Why must you work so hard to twist and to turn so?

Read the Bible. It is God's Word.

The Bible holds your hope for salvation.

You do nto need to hold so dearly to man-made doctrines.

Quote:
"Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ..." (Philippians 1:27 a)

Is getting high on a drug be good conduct in the gospel? No.
Again you twist.

You have no Bible passage to say it is wrong.

You grasp at the nothing, you box at the air.

Place your feet on the solid ground of God's Word.

Quote:
... You and others may not think so, but I happen to value God's word and see no case where smoking pot would be accordance with holiness and the gospel. But there will always be those that like to push the boundaries, but it only shows the kind of fruit one produces.
Clearly you do not, when you refuse to open the Bible to read it's love for you.

If you had any Bible passages on this topic, any at all, you would have brought them forth.

Yes, the Body is one, we are the body, we are members of Christs body. and in this thread, let us get back onto the Op.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM

43,858 posts, read 43,589,392 times
Quote:
The Bible says homosexuality is a sin. The same Bible also says that women should not teach or preach.

So if we are to interpret the Bible literally, since the Bible says nothing about smoking pot, am I correct in assuming that smoking pot is OK?
Why don't you just ask God?
Get alone and ask.
He'll let you know.
I promise.

I bet He already has.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:35 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,037,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Why don't you just ask God?
Get alone and ask.
He'll let you know.
I promise.

I bet He already has.
Maybe he was stoned when he asked God and didn't understand the answer... or maybe the only answer was to eat more munchies

Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,529,101 times
You probably didn't expect a serious answer, nor will you likely regard it, but here goes. Drinking alcohol is not a sin as long as you don't get drunk. Drunkeness easily leads to sinful behavior. The Bible condemns drunkeness, not alcohol. Can you smoke marijuana without getting stoned? If so, that alone should not be a sin. Does it lead you to immoral, sinful behavior? Then it will be a sin.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:56 AM

29,739 posts, read 47,539,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You probably didn't expect a serious answer, nor will you likely regard it, but here goes. Drinking alcohol is not a sin as long as you don't get drunk. Drunkeness easily leads to sinful behavior. The Bible condemns drunkeness, not alcohol. Can you smoke marijuana without getting stoned? If so, that alone should not be a sin. Does it lead you to immoral, sinful behavior? Then it will be a sin.
I agree.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:04 PM
JS1 JS1 started this thread

1,898 posts, read 5,975,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You probably didn't expect a serious answer, nor will you likely regard it, but here goes. Drinking alcohol is not a sin as long as you don't get drunk. Drunkeness easily leads to sinful behavior. The Bible condemns drunkeness, not alcohol. Can you smoke marijuana without getting stoned?
yes, it's called buzzed or high

Quote:
If so, that alone should not be a sin.
good

Quote:
Does it lead you to immoral, sinful behavior?
no

Quote:
Then it will be a sin.
alrighty

Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 PM
JS1 JS1 started this thread

1,898 posts, read 5,975,296 times
glad to know I'm not sinning

Old 11-08-2009, 08:24 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,334,064 times
Quote:

If anyone interpret the bible literally they are nuts.

Smoking pot is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or