U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 PM

5,808 posts, read 5,873,397 times
Default Are You Naive Already.................

Here's your first Sunday School Lesson on being High.....
Read these scriptures , and I will see you again next
Sunday to discuss in depth with you..is that do-able

Le 10:9
De 14:26
28:39
29:6
32:14
Judges 13:4-14
2Kings 18:27
Pr 20:1
31:5-7
Ec 2:24
3:13
8:15
9:7
Isa 5:1-22
24:9
28:7
29:9
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 11:54 PM

Default Sunday School

Hey anybody ready for a little bit of Sunday School , Yea or Nay
well here are a few scripture that we can discuss in detail and
depth next Sunday , and after that maybe go into the meat and
potatoes of the new testament.....Next Sunday

Le 10:9
De 14:26
28:39
29:6
32:14
Judges 13:4
2Kings 18:27
Pr 20:1
31:5-7
Ec 2:24
3:13
8:15
9:7
Isa 5:1-22
24:9
28:7
29:9
Don't Take Any Wooden Nickel And Naive Pills.......

Old 11-09-2009, 11:45 AM

624 posts, read 662,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
The Bible says homosexuality is a sin. The same Bible also says that women should not teach or preach.

So if we are to interpret the Bible literally, since the Bible says nothing about smoking pot, am I correct in assuming that smoking pot is OK?
"drunkeness" or anything else that hampers or ruins your relationship with Jesus Christ is not a wise choice. Be careful about forming your own opinion or assuming.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:45 PM

21,658 posts, read 27,573,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Here's your first Sunday School Lesson on being High.....

Read these scriptures , and I will see you again next
Sunday to discuss in depth with you..is that do-able
You really want to make this difficult dont you.

Le 10:8 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, saying,
:9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Yes, the sons of Aaron were forbidden from drink. Which interestingly has nothing to do with the rest of Israel, nor Christians.

Deut 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

You goofed that was one of the passages that I had quoted previously.

You see it COMMANDS Israelites to get drunk once a year.

Deut 28:39 Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.

This is like 20 lines down into a curse on folks for folks not following the Commandments of God.

Look dude this is just a non-sense list of verses, that have nothing to do with anything.

Either talk to us, or dont.

Either have a conversation or not.

So far all these have said is that Aaron priests can not drink, while all of Israel is to drink, and if you get cursed then you will not be able to harvest your fields.

Have a conversation or not.

This is just a list of everywhere that 'wine' occurs.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:36 PM

Default Hey Thanks Forest.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
You really want to make this difficult dont you.

Le 10:8 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, saying,
:9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Yes, the sons of Aaron were forbidden from drink. Which interestingly has nothing to do with the rest of Israel, nor Christians.

Deut 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

You goofed that was one of the passages that I had quoted previously.

You see it COMMANDS Israelites to get drunk once a year.

Deut 28:39 Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.

This is like 20 lines down into a curse on folks for folks not following the Commandments of God.

Look dude this is just a non-sense list of verses, that have nothing to do with anything.

Either talk to us, or dont.

Either have a conversation or not.

So far all these have said is that Aaron priests can not drink, while all of Israel is to drink, and if you get cursed then you will not be able to harvest your fields.

Have a conversation or not.

This is just a list of everywhere that 'wine' occurs.
Hey Thanks Forest , but don't start to celebrate prematurely I'm
only just starting..Niether Aaron or Moses or Noah..which Got Drunk
was allowed to get drunk....And I'm getting around to You With The
NEW TESTAMENT..You Must Be Chopping At The Bit.....

Old 11-13-2009, 05:52 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,378,187 times
Only if you do not share with your neighbor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWWx_5UE2kw

Old 11-16-2009, 06:05 PM
JS1 JS1 started this thread

1,899 posts, read 3,906,015 times
It seems some people believe smoking marijuana is a sin because smoking is bad.

well well well, problem solved -- my latest purchase was cheap and has a terrible aftertaste in the pipe. So I made marijuana coffee and it's delicious!

Old 11-16-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
It seems some people believe smoking marijuana is a sin because smoking is bad.

well well well, problem solved -- my latest purchase was cheap and has a terrible aftertaste in the pipe. So I made marijuana coffee and it's delicious!
I have heard that a tincture works nicely too.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:33 PM

4,094 posts, read 4,527,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I have heard that a tincture works nicely too.
I've heard it could also be ground up and used as a seasoning for a salad or a pizza.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I've heard it could also be ground up and used as a seasoning for a salad or a pizza.
True.

Since we have pretty well established that there is no Biblical basis for forbiding it's use; and since God has told us to enjoy ourselves as we worship Him, there does not seem to be anything or any line of reasoning to stop anyone from using marijuana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity