U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 11:43 AM

58,482 posts, read 31,872,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Oh Yeah.......and it may be illegal now....but I believe eventually the gov will see the financial benefits of legalizing it. I seriously would rather have someone smoking pot than drinking alcohol...I believe pot to be the "lesser of the two evils"....although I don't think it's evil at all.
Yes, it is lesser of the two evils, but it still doesn't make it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 11:45 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I never said such people do not exist. Believers can suppress the Holy Spirit and are capable of any sin.

It is called 'grieving' of 'quenching' the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is alive in a believer, and wants the freedom to influence the life of the person, but if the person sins willfully then he/she disallows the spirit to act. People who do this, should examine their faiths.

Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption
What you're neglecting to realize is that...what you call the HS or the conviction of the HS...we call our conscience or the conviction of our conscience...and what you call sin (drinking in moderation)...we don't consider that sin. I follow my conscience on a daily basis especially when it comes to treating people with love, respect, kindness and compassion (no matter what their religious beliefs are)...it usually leads me in the right direction and hasn't failed me yet.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:46 AM

21,199 posts, read 20,117,170 times
Quote:
Then you will love the video too where he dances with a dead body.
? I don't quite understand your statement. Could you explain?

Old 08-18-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
What you're neglecting to realize is that...what you call the HS or the conviction of the HS...we call our conscience or the conviction of our conscience...and what you call sin (drinking in moderation)...we don't consider that sin.
I never said drinking in moderation is sin. Drunkedness is a sin, while enjoying a glass or two of wine is not. Yes, everyone has a concience, and even without the HS it will tell you that excessive drinking and smoking is not good. After all, it is a proven fact that both will put you in an early grave. No wonder HS makes a big deal out of it.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
? I don't quite understand your statement. Could you explain?
The song "Last dance with Mary Jane"....have you seen the video for that song? In the video Tom Petty dances with a dead corpse, plays with it, and then takes it home.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Quote:
Yes, it is lesser of the two evils, but it still doesn't make it right.
It's not right to judge people either....but WE ALL seem to do it anyway don't we???

If it's done in moderation...I don't see the harm....the same way I don't see the harm of someone drinking in moderation. Not everyone who drinks gets sloppy drunk.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,117,170 times
Quote:
The song "Last dance with Mary Jane"....have you seen the video for that song? In the video Tom Petty dances with a dead corpse, plays with it, and then takes it home.
No, I haven't seen it. I just couldn't figure out why you thought I must like it because I like the song. That's all. I've never seen the video.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:02 PM

6,652 posts, read 7,117,180 times
Genesis 1:29

Young's Literal Translation
And God saith, 'Lo, I have given to you every herb sowing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree sowing seed, to you it is for food;

Old 08-18-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
If it's done in moderation...I don't see the harm....the same way I don't see the harm of someone drinking in moderation. Not everyone who drinks gets sloppy drunk.
Maybe. I just don't think I ever knew a recreational pot smoker who smoked for any other reason than to get high. But then again, just because I don't know them, doen't mean they don't exist. But there are millions who drink one glass of wine or a beer that that's it. They do not get drunk from it. Many doctors even say that moderate drinking has health benefits. I drink. I like beer and wine in moderation.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:18 PM

8,221 posts, read 10,949,170 times
If smoking pot makes you a better person, one that is kind to others then go for it, but then you must ask yourself do I need external substances to live a good life? You can make good and bad chjoices all you want. regardless of what the bible says and you will not be struck by lightening. You may find some better choices will lead to a happier outcome...

It's all about choices and leading a good life. I'd spend less time worring about what others or the bible say, you will be happier i suspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or