U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 12:22 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,112,421 times

Advertisements

I know someone who suffers from ADD and says that a little bit of pot helps him calm down and focus. I have friends who say pot makes them more creative. I also have known people that smoked pot day and night just to escape from things. I've never tried it so I can't say what it does one way or the other. But who am I to judge anyway? To each their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 12:33 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,051,757 times
Back in the day we used to quote Genesis 1:29:

"And God said: 'Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed--to you it shall be for food;"

It may be a sin to smoke it, but it isn't a sin to bake up some brownies.

Disclaimer: I haven't smoke or eaten any pot in over 25 years.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 PM

15,908 posts, read 9,643,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I've never read the bible mentioning Marijuana at all. I didn't see an eleventh commandment "Thou shall not smoke Cannibus"

So feel free to light up.

Love it! IMO God put it here for a reason! I think it safe to say that there are way more uses for pot than just as an intoxicant. However; nothing wrong with kickin' back once in awhile.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Well there is one teeny-tiny problem with it......it's ILLEGAL.

Just because it is illegal, it doesn't make it right. There are a lot of dumb laws in this country. Prohibition of marijuana is one of them.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:49 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,116,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe. I just don't think I ever knew a recreational pot smoker who smoked for any other reason than to get high. But then again, just because I don't know them, doen't mean they don't exist. But there are millions who drink one glass of wine or a beer that that's it. They do not get drunk from it. Many doctors even say that moderate drinking has health benefits. I drink. I like beer and wine in moderation.
Well CONGRATULATIONS!!!.....you've just met your first one. I smoke mary jane on occassion and in moderation....just like you drink a beer or wine in moderation....to RELAX!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 01:11 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Well CONGRATULATIONS!!!.....you've just met your first one. I smoke mary jane on occassion and in moderation....just like you drink a beer or wine in moderation....to RELAX!!!
Is smoking marijuana a sin?......

Yes. I saw how it affected kids in H.S...how incoherent and non-logical their answers were, how messed up their personal lives became. It was not uncommon for a teacher to ask "been smoking marijuana" ... other kids thought it was a joke.

Most often the kid would respond just like what you did .."on occassion and in moderation....just like you drink a beer or wine in moderation....to RELAX!!!"

Moderator cut: deleted reference

Last edited by june 7th; 08-18-2010 at 04:54 PM..

Old 08-18-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Or, perhaps God infused certain plants and such with certain qualities for the very purpose of aiding our human condition.

Not a bad way to look at it.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:12 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,112,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Is smoking marijuana a sin?......

Yes. I saw how it affected kids in H.S...how incoherent and non-logical their answers were, how messed up their personal lives became. It was not uncommon for a teacher to ask "been smoking marijuana" ... other kids thought it was a joke.

Most often the kid would respond just like what you did .."on occassion and in moderation....just like you drink a beer or wine in moderation....to RELAX!!!"

Moderator cut: orphaned
Umm... no offence - but I don't think you understand what a drug addiction is. Are people who have a drink once in awhile alcoholics?

Last edited by june 7th; 08-18-2010 at 04:56 PM..

Old 08-18-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Umm... no offence - but I don't think you understand what a drug addiction is. Are people who have a drink once in awhile alcoholics?

I'll add to that. There is no proof that marijuana is physically addictive like alcohol, nicotine, cocaine, and the various other opiates out there legal and illegal.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:29 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'll add to that. There is no proof that marijuana is physically addictive like alcohol, nicotine, cocaine, and the various other opiates out there legal and illegal.
Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection - washingtonpost.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or