U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 03:06 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,628,224 times

Advertisements

for the true christian yes. remember their origin is monastic.
for them all hedonistic behavior is a sin.
unless there is some monastic roots, (most monastics are very similar regardless of religion)
for the godless, anything goes.
fyi a recent talk show on kpbs-- a psychiatrist got on and said marijuana reduced drive, caused loss of memory and caused his patient instance of schizophrenia to skyrocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 03:06 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,196,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
First off I'm not your pal.

Second you wrote the post....get better writing skills.

Third ... I stand by what I wrote. "There is no such person as "on occassion and in moderation" marijuana non-addict."
I wouldn't say you need anger management - but you do need a few lesson in people skills! Yikes!

Old 08-18-2010, 03:07 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,129,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Umm ... no offense ... I don't need to be told by people what I do and don't know about drug \ alcohol addition people, especially who don't know a **mn thing about my background. FYI I dealt with drug \ alcohol addition people at a hospital, helping police officers and counselors of addicts. Every one has always some version of "on occassion and in moderation".

There is no such person as "on occassion and in moderation" marijuana non-addict. There is only degrees of addition in moderation.

The same with alcohol. A person who gets relaxed from using alcohol is using it as stimulant. This person will eventually need more to get relaxed. Eventually becoming a addict.
So, based on what you've just written....ANYONE who has ever smoked pot or taken a drink of alcohol is a drug addict and/or an alcoholic.

Seriously dude....you've got to be joking, right????????

Old 08-18-2010, 03:19 PM

15,908 posts, read 9,698,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
So, based on what you've just written....ANYONE who has ever smoked pot or taken a drink of alcohol is a drug addict and/or an alcoholic.

Seriously dude....you've got to be joking, right????????

Wow. I've done both in the past. Guess that makes me a drug addict or an alcoholic too!

Old 08-18-2010, 03:21 PM

6,652 posts, read 7,142,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
It's interesting that you say "my list". I think the underlying notion is that you must submit to governmental authority because God put the authority in place to create law, therefore the law is an extension of God's will.
I was just going by the things you listed.

It was the people who asked God for a King, it was not what God wanted. 1 Sam 8

This is what the king who will reign over you will do: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. 12Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16Your menservants and maidservants and the best of your cattleb and donkeys he will take for his own use. 17He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the Lord will not answer you in that day.

Our modern government is not a King but a majority rule (unfortunately) and the majority can and does do very horrible things. I don't think God expects us to hand over slaves to their death or turn Jews into the Nazi's. There is not a lot of love for your neighbor as you turn them in to the brown shirts.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Wow. I've done both in the past. Guess that makes me a drug addict or an alcoholic too!
You should check yourself into rehab as soon as possible! I guess I should, too! I have a drink a couple times a month - sometimes more!

Old 08-18-2010, 03:33 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,129,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You should check yourself into rehab as soon as possible! I guess I should, too! I have a drink a couple times a month - sometimes more!
Yep...you better run not walk to the nearest rehab center near you...because you know there is no such thing as on occassion or in moderation...ROFLMBO

Old 08-18-2010, 03:38 PM

15,908 posts, read 9,698,130 times
Quote:

And to add to it... I smoke cigarettes too!!! I guess I'm really in bad shape! I'm such a junkie!

Old 08-18-2010, 03:39 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,845,798 times
Quote:
My point was I don't think you need anger management! My point was that I don't know anything about you except what you say in your posts - and I hardly think that I could learn something like that about you from a few words that you say online. The fact that you swore at me shows that I angered you - but just because someone gets angry at something does not mean they need anger management. Just like just because someone smokes a joint once in awhile does not make them a drug addict. Which brings me back again to my point!
And I will everytime. I seen and have to deal with people and have a close friend (LT policeman) who would have a different opinion about the destructiveness that results from under estimating drug addictions.
You think the police gives a rat if a person says "on occassion and in moderation" even if that's once, once a year, or once a day?

I have been on a jury dealing with this same issue that this "oh so innocent" teacher was convicted of addiction and all his so called "freinds" defense..."on occassion and in moderation." His "friends" had your attitude, which if somebody would have gotten in his face about it, would probably prevented what destroyed that guy's career.

I care about my neighbor....

Old 08-18-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And to add to it... I smoke cigarettes too!!! I guess I'm really in bad shape! I'm such a junkie!
How do you even function!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or