U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 04:13 PM

29,730 posts, read 47,507,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Looks like we might have a toker in the crowd. Your IP address has been traced and the authorities have been notified.
Why would the 'authorites' care?

We have had legal pot smoking in this state for years; and this last electoin we voted to widen the opening to allow even more to use their meds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 05:53 PM

4,987 posts, read 7,764,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Well there is one teeny-tiny problem with it......it's ILLEGAL.
WOW! That's a very broad sweeping statement, although perhaps it's true in your state. Regardless, there are indeed states where it is NOT illegal and DO allow the use and possession of marijuana for medical purposes, including the nation's capital, Washington, DC. In most instances, patients are required to apply for a state ID card. In addition, there are two additional states, that while have not legalized it, are favorable toward the use for medical purposes.

Please note this is for medical purposes, not recreational purposes.

14 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

Old 08-19-2010, 06:06 PM

957 posts, read 715,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

We have had legal pot smoking in this state for years; and this last electoin we voted to widen the opening to allow even more to use their meds.
Well, first off, it was a joke. Secondly, where I live, you get caught with it, your going to get arrested.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:12 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,647,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Looks like we might have a toker in the crowd. Your IP address has been traced and the authorities have been notified.

no1brownsfan, couldn't agree more. In fact, I find it devilishly ironic society finds marijuana bad and promotes alcohol. What do they know they don't want the rest of us knowing?

-no1packersfan

Hey, I've done my share in my day. I won't lie. Ooooooh and get this, I have never tried any of the hard drugs, and never had the urge to do so....so the "marijuana is a gateway drug" theory doesn't pertain to myself, and probably millions of Americans. It's pretty sad too that they promote alcohol the way that they do, and I am not opposed to tossing back a few cold ones, and do. But, I can tell you, I've seen a lot of people do a lot of stupid things when they're drunk. They don't call it liquid courage for nothing?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,647,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

Unfortunately in my state it is still illegal across the board, but I believe you can have up to 100 grams before it becomes a serious offense. I think if California can legalize it across the board then more states will follow. My state will probably be last to do so.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:31 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,749,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
WOW! That's a very broad sweeping statement, although perhaps it's true in your state. Regardless, there are indeed states where it is NOT illegal and DO allow the use and possession of marijuana for medical purposes, including the nation's capital, Washington, DC. In most instances, patients are required to apply for a state ID card. In addition, there are two additional states, that while have not legalized it, are favorable toward the use for medical purposes.

Please note this is for medical purposes, not recreational purposes.

14 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org
Yes, I meant it is illegal period.....no state has legalized it for recreational use. I know there are some states who recognize it for medicinal purposes but my state is not one of them. I would like to see it legalized, at least for medical use, in all of the states. I have two friends who swear by it's ability to help them with their pain. They don't want to take legal, addictive narcotics so they have to sneak around with their pot smoking. I just don't think that is right.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:57 AM

7,788 posts, read 10,447,904 times
Quote:
....no state has legalized it for recreational use.
Ilene, come to Massachusetts. June'll bake you brownies.

It's been 'de-criminalized' up here, so June could walk around with a couple of joints if she actually liked pot...Which she doesn't.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:12 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,118,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

It's been 'de-criminalized' up here, so June could walk around with a couple of joints if she actually liked pot...Which she doesn't.
Wow....if I got caught with a couple of joints....I'd be headed to the pokie and right quick! Since some think I'm a drug addict for smoking pot once every blue moon...they would probably think that is a good thing.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:39 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,749,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Heehee....I'll see your brownies and raise you two fat ones.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:46 AM

7,788 posts, read 10,447,904 times
Quote:
Heehee....I'll see your brownies and raise you two fat ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or