U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 9,654,796 times
Reputation: 7449

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yes, I meant it is illegal period.....no state has legalized it for recreational use. I know there are some states who recognize it for medicinal purposes but my state is not one of them. I would like to see it legalized, at least for medical use, in all of the states. I have two friends who swear by it's ability to help them with their pain. They don't want to take legal, addictive narcotics so they have to sneak around with their pot smoking. I just don't think that is right.



I'm with you there Ilene. Plus plenty of people abuse the legal addictive narcotics. I heard kids are taking Aderol (not sure of spelling) a drug that is meant to treat ADHD to get high! There is also something going around that is a synthetic form of pot. It is actually like a spice or pottpouri that has some of the same qualities as THC, and is perfectly legal in most states except for 10. I think it's called K2. From what I've heard it is EXTREMELY dangerous, and people who have smoked it have experienced heart palpitations and other bad side effects. Scary stuff if you ask me.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-20-2010, 10:21 AM
 
4,990 posts, read 7,772,216 times
Reputation: 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yes, I meant it is illegal period.....no state has legalized it for recreational use. I know there are some states who recognize it for medicinal purposes but my state is not one of them. I would like to see it legalized, at least for medical use, in all of the states. I have two friends who swear by it's ability to help them with their pain. They don't want to take legal, addictive narcotics so they have to sneak around with their pot smoking. I just don't think that is right.
Thank you for your clarification. I apologize for misunderstanding. It did seem to be a pretty broad statement though, but I can see your point. I did however recognize that your state might not have a provision for medical use. Like you, I don't know of any state that freely allows it for recreational use, although some states have decriminalized it and treat violations for possession in small amounts similar to traffic fines. I agree with your view about legalizing it for medical purposes in all states as an alternative to addictive narcotics if it can provide beneficial relief to a patient.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 10:49 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,754,755 times
Reputation: 58198
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm with you there Ilene. Plus plenty of people abuse the legal addictive narcotics. I heard kids are taking Aderol (not sure of spelling) a drug that is meant to treat ADHD to get high! There is also something going around that is a synthetic form of pot. It is actually like a spice or pottpouri that has some of the same qualities as THC, and is perfectly legal in most states except for 10. I think it's called K2. From what I've heard it is EXTREMELY dangerous, and people who have smoked it have experienced heart palpitations and other bad side effects. Scary stuff if you ask me.
I know, I've heard of kids in college taking Ritalin and Adderal to jack themselves up to study and I've also heard of this potpourri smoking thing too. Good grief, at least marijuana is a natural substance.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,754,755 times
Reputation: 58198
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Thank you for your clarification. I apologize for misunderstanding. It did seem to be a pretty broad statement though, but I can see your point. I did however recognize that your state might not have a provision for medical use. Like you, I don't know of any state that freely allows it for recreational use, although some states have decriminalized it and treat violations for possession in small amounts similar to traffic fines. I agree with your view about legalizing it for medical purposes in all states as an alternative to addictive narcotics if it can provide beneficial relief to a patient.
No problem at all....even decriminalizing possession of small amounts would be a great step in the right direction for our state.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 AM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,717,352 times
Reputation: 1351
As a person from the Caribbean, I grew up with marijuana all around me including on the hillsides growing wild behind my house. Despite this, I have never, ever tried the stuff and have no desire to at this point; however, one deterrent for me has always been the wisdom in ingesting smoke into the human lungs - ANY smoke. I don't care what it does for the momentary mood. My hang up is what it does to my body over the long haul. Not a health freak by any stretch, but that was one piece of logic that has been in my head since my first exposure to the stuff at age 12.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 12:03 PM
 
139 posts, read 165,769 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
As a person from the Caribbean, I grew up with marijuana all around me including on the hillsides growing wild behind my house. Despite this, I have never, ever tried the stuff and have no desire to at this point; however, one deterrent for me has always been the wisdom in ingesting smoke into the human lungs - ANY smoke. I don't care what it does for the momentary mood. My hang up is what it does to my body over the long haul. Not a health freak by any stretch, but that was one piece of logic that has been in my head since my first exposure to the stuff at age 12.
I also am from the Caribbean and i am very used to it being around.. i used to smoke for sometime and stopped a few years ago..for the same reason.. the smoke in the lungs is not a good thing.. and i want a healthy body, mind and spirit.

I think that anything that you are addicted to is not good ... it could be smoking weed or even shopping.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 12:09 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,717,352 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
I also am from the Caribbean and i am very used to it being around.. i used to smoke for sometime and stopped a few years ago..for the same reason.. the smoke in the lungs is not a good thing.. and i want a healthy body, mind and spirit.

I think that anything that you are addicted to is not good ... it could be smoking weed or even shopping.

Which island?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 12:37 PM
 
139 posts, read 165,769 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Which island?
I live in Trinidad and you?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 01:52 PM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,134 posts, read 11,684,836 times
Reputation: 3423
Anything that causes a person to become Drunk or High is
Kicked To The Curb By GOD...Because Being Intoxicated SHORT
CURCUIT YOUR MORAL COMPASS and makes IT EASY TO SIN....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2010, 02:30 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,717,352 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
I live in Trinidad and you?
I am from St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (as is another member here) but I now live in NYC.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top