U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 01:24 PM

10,892 posts, read 13,010,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
smoking marijuana is no less "BAD for you" as cocaine, crack, meth, alcohol, prescriptions,and all that other nasty stuff .... like smoking cigerattes.

You ever seen "Faces Of Meth"???!!

I beg to differ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 02:55 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
You ever seen "Faces Of Meth"???!!

I beg to differ!
Yes ... and the face of lung cancer, and the face of alcholics and the face of pot smokers

And I have tried to listen to the voice of lung cancer, and the voice of a alcholic, and the voice of pot smokers......

If you think that's cutie tootie ... we probably don't have common friends

Old 01-12-2011, 03:00 PM

2,937 posts, read 2,249,503 times
it's a good thing overeating is not considered a serious sin because if it was...oh! probably 3/4's of ministry time at least would have to be given to this matter.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
it's a good thing overeating is not considered a serious sin because if it was...oh! probably 3/4's of ministry time at least would have to be given to this matter.
If you recall...an obesity law was being considered not to long ago

Old 01-12-2011, 03:12 PM

2,937 posts, read 2,249,503 times
Quote:
If you recall...an obesity law was being considered not to long ago
that'll teach'em.
but i still blame paul (who supposedly)for changing the dietary Laws; if we were still Kosher we would not be as sick.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:16 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,379,961 times
Quote:
smoking marijuana is no less "BAD for you" as cocaine, crack, meth, alcohol, prescriptions,and all that other nasty stuff .... like smoking cigerattes.

A lot of people don't even smoke marijuana, and they don't have to deal with the smoke hurting their lungs. They ingest it in their food. Ganja butter can be put on bread or crackers. Getting mega-stoned is absolutely not a good thing and can cause panic and other assorted ailments, but for those who don't abuse it and who use it in small amounts, it can be a way to function normally throughout the day.

There are millions of people around the globe (many sitting in the pews) who use pharmaceuticals to get "high" and to keep their levels of anxiety down. Nobody seems to care about that, even though many anti-depressants are known to cause homicidal/suicidal thoughts and strange or aggressive behavior. Has anybody ever seen the ridiculous warnings on some of these psych meds? The pharm companies are rolling in the dough. Rolling. They are drug dealers as well, if you think about it. They are extremely good at what they do.

(I don't know why you keep bringing up hippies)

Here is an interesting link on how anti-depressants (and other assorted meds) may be affecting the levels of violence around the world: http://www.ssristories.com/index.php

Last edited by herefornow; 01-12-2011 at 03:33 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 04:33 PM

2,758 posts, read 6,434,989 times
A sin? No. Not in your best interest? Yes.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
a lot of people don't even smoke marijuana, and they don't have to deal with the smoke hurting their lungs. They ingest it in their food. Ganja butter can be put on bread or crackers. getting mega-stoned is absolutely not a good thing and can cause panic and other assorted ailments, but for those who don't abuse it and who use it in small amounts, it can be a way to function normally throughout the day.

There are millions of people around the globe (many sitting in the pews) who use pharmaceuticals to get "high" and to keep their levels of anxiety down. Nobody seems to care about that, even though many anti-depressants are known to cause homicidal/suicidal thoughts and strange or aggressive behavior. Has anybody ever seen the ridiculous warnings on some of these psych meds? The pharm companies are rolling in the dough. rolling. they are drug dealers as well, if you think about it. They are extremely good at what they do.

(i don't know why you keep bringing up hippies)

here is an interesting link on how anti-depressants (and other assorted meds) may be affecting the levels of violence around the world: index to ssri stories
+1

Old 01-12-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:

If you think that's cutie tootie ... we probably don't have common friends

I wouldn't doubt that at all.

To each their own. Your own, my own, all of us.

We have been granted this life to live in a way which we see fit for ourselves.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:11 AM

13,856 posts, read 22,236,543 times
I'm not really for legalizing marijuana or anything, but I'm not entirely sure it is necessarily a sin. For me marijuana would be a sin because I have a respiratory condition and take anti-anxiety meds it might not react well with.

However if my lungs were good and my brain chemistry normal controlled use of marijuana, so long as it did not keep me from duties to God or my neighbor, I think could quite plausibly not be a sin. I'm just skeptical that there are many who would use marijuana or psychedelics in small doses in a controlled setting or that they would avoid doing it to excess. And I don't see how the law could say something like "April is marijuana season, if you get your permits in you can take marijuana in April but in any other month you will be fined." Still in many indigenous societies they would limit certain drugs to festivals or a specific season and I sometimes think that avoided some of the problems we have with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or