U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2011, 09:24 AM
 
4,981 posts, read 7,758,835 times
Reputation: 2859

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are wrong.
Really? About what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2011, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Really? About what?
About the issue you asked me to correct you on in case I thought you were wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 AM
 
4,981 posts, read 7,758,835 times
Reputation: 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
About the issue you asked me to correct you on in case I thought you were wrong.
So then are you now saying that marijuana is not an addictive substance? Finn, it's okay to review and revise views and opinions. That's how we all learn. Sometimes we're right. But sometimes we can be mistaken. You're no exception, nor am I. However, I've backed up my views with references other than my own opinions. Have you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
So then are you now saying that marijuana is not an addictive substance?
No, it is addictive.

Spencer Recovery Centers have helped countless addicts from the vice of marijuana addction. It can be treated like any other addiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 10:24 AM
 
4,981 posts, read 7,758,835 times
Reputation: 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is addictive.
Thank you for your acknowledgement. It confirms what I posted earlier was correct after all; that you were indeed making a connection between marijuana and heroin that both are addictive, then turn around with an attempt to deny that you were making any such connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Thank you for your acknowledgement. It confirms what I posted earlier was correct after all; that you were indeed making a connection between marijuana and heroin that both are addictive, then turn around with an attempt to deny that you were making any such connection.
If the fact that both are addictive connects them, then you are the one who pointed out the connection, not me. I am simply stating the fact that pot is addictive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
29,721 posts, read 47,472,880 times
Reputation: 17560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is addictive. ...
So counter to hundreds of government studies and university studies, you can contradict them all?

That is really powerful.

With all of that power [the power to over-rule the combined results of thousands of scientists and researchers], what other super powers do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
With all of that power [the power to over-rule the combined results of thousands of scientists and researchers], what other super powers do you have?
I don't need the government to tell me their opinion when I already know the truth. But since you rely on written word alone then you can google plenty of studies proving that pot is addictive. Even to this day I still know people who are simply unable to quit smoking it. If they think they might run out soon, they make sure they get resupplied before it happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 01:34 PM
 
4,981 posts, read 7,758,835 times
Reputation: 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am simply stating the fact that pot is addictive.
A fact? Where's your supportive evidence? You stated, "Spencer Recovery Centers have helped countless addicts from the vice of marijuana addction[sic]." Countless? That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? I looked through Spencer Recovery Center's website. Frankly, I couldn't find a single thing about treatment for "marijuana addiction" there.

You keep saying "...the fact that pot is addictive" but fail to show a single piece of evidence to support that as being a "fact", apart from your say-so. I stand by my opinion that it's not the marijuana, but rather unresolved psychological issues that some people may have. These people would still have issues even if they had never used marijuana. If your view is correct, then I suppose the same thing could be said about people who bite their fingernails. Fingernails must be addictive.

I'm not saying there are no health risks to smoking marijuana. I've already addressed that point. Nor am I saying there aren't people with psychological problems. I'm simply saying that your view seems to be based on the old "Reefer Madness" myth. Granted, there might be a few people who develop problems, but if marijuana was as "addictive" as you seem to claim, then there'd be who knows how many millions of addicts with lives in ruin and unable to stop the habit of using marijuana. The flaw with such an argument is that there are plenty of people who use it but don't abuse it who are in significant positions of business, government, science, law, churches, medical, etc., and have no addiction problems as your contention would otherwise suggest. They're doing just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2011, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
A fact? Where's your supportive evidence? You stated, "Spencer Recovery Centers have helped countless addicts from the vice of marijuana addction[sic]." Countless? That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? I looked through Spencer Recovery Center's website. Frankly, I couldn't find a single thing about treatment for "marijuana addiction" there.
If you don't want to believe it, then don't believe it. I personally know people who are unable to quit, because they are addicted. Just google marijuana addiction, and you will find pleny to read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top