U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:49 AM

29,757 posts, read 47,604,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena valleygirl View Post
But when you are high all the time, how do you know your high,...
I would have to assume that since God does not like drunkards. There must be some easy way to distinguish what behavior a drunkard exhibits.

If we discussed alcohol, drinking 'all the time' such that you were drunk 'all the time'; I think would clearly indicate that you were a drunkard.

Having a glass of wine at dinner, does not make you falling down drunk. Depending on your body-weight a single glass of wine may not even put you at risk for D.U.I. while driving an automobile. And if it did wait an hour and your B.A.C. would be low enough again that anyone could safely drive.

In our church they suggest a 2-drink limit, and that we refrain from driving afterwards for a minimum of 2-hours.

IMHO if you consume 1 or 2 glasses of wine or beer with your evening meal, then your not a drunkard.

I would assume that it is similar with marijuana. Whatever amount allows you to begin to feel the effect and then stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 PM

164 posts, read 219,431 times
I got you, it is true we need to drink responsibly for God made water into wine

The devils church

Two joints but not three

Two lines of coke but not four

Two shots of heroin but not one

One pipe of crack, but not if you have done one of the above

Meth only alone and only two lines, unless you shoot then only one

I know I am crazy talking like this but to reason in a place like this you need a different set of rules, Paul said I am talking like a fool to reason with you, you made me Paul said

Old 04-29-2011, 03:53 PM

6,234 posts, read 9,536,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
The Bible says homosexuality is a sin. The same Bible also says that women should not teach or preach.

So if we are to interpret the Bible literally, since the Bible says nothing about smoking pot, am I correct in assuming that smoking pot is OK?
Considering alot of people during the first half of the 20th century (Christian age) smoked , I'm sure there are smokers that have gotten to Heaven. The only problem is that smoking is not good for you. And the Bible says everything good is from God. I don't believe smoking has anything to do with God. I believe it's a form of sorcery like the Bible mentioned many times. Living in Texas, people smoke weed here ALOT. All my friends are either smoking or have smoked. They smoke different things too. But they tell me sometimes how they trip out and has seen demons while they were high.

I was just watching a video on facebook about my cousin. He's younger than me but about 15 or 16 years old. He's into alot of bad stuff. I don't know what the hell happened to him honestly. But he's kinda messed up. I hate putting my family on blast but he needs divine intervention. He put up a video of himself completely intoxicated with some kind of drug. His whole body, his being, was drugged. He could barely speak. I just sat and looked shaking my head. It was like he was dead. It was really shocking and just another revelation to me how drugs are something we're not suppose to take.

I was reading a vision from a girl from Korea that Jesus took to heaven and hell. One of the things she pointed out were smokers. She saw that on Earth, smokers had spiritual snakes or worms coming in and out of their mouths everytime they inhaled and exhaled the smoke. It was nasty and scary. It's just one of several confirmations to me how smoking is not of God and does not come from God. I'm not saying it comes from the devil either. But perhaps drugs or plants that intoxicate people have been put on Earth by God for different reasons rather than "getting high". I believe they are suppose to be for health and medical purposes. But humans (as usual) prefer evil and pleasure than good, so we have abused and misused the purpose of the drugs.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:08 PM

Got to wonder allen nice post, and it is addicting, cigarrettes, and it kills others too,

I mean does God got to spell each thing with clear words that drugs are not his to get addicted and use to get high, give them an inch with Him and they will take a mile in the wrong direction.

Two homosexual partner limit will be hearing for God allows two glasses of wine!

Two person murder limit too, want those two guys, antichrist and false prophet, you know they are on the planet giving people this stuff, people drink it like it is water in a dry desssert

Arena

Old 04-29-2011, 04:20 PM

17,857 posts, read 8,922,914 times
"Those without understanding; falsely, tell others what to believe."

Old 04-29-2011, 04:25 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,125,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Those without understanding; falsely, tell others what to believe."

Old 04-29-2011, 07:30 PM

God tells people how to believe, is He false? If they hear you, they hear me, Jesus said.

Arena
give God a half inch he can take a mile, give Him a half stage He will start up a rampage
time for a knew stage or earth maybe

Old 04-29-2011, 07:35 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,209,405 times
"All things are lawful for me, but not all things are expedient."

It is good to learn temperance and moderation ... Extremes lead to imbalances and perversions.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:40 PM

All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 1 Cor 6:12, good to quote the whole verse,

lol, the father of lies, if he didn't do this too Eve with bending and twisting God's Word to fit him and plundge the world into sin, still your same game Satan, I know you and you will not win. The Lord rebuke you Satan, in Jesus name.

Arena
in the valley

Old 04-29-2011, 07:53 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,209,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena valleygirl View Post
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 1 Cor 6:12, good to quote the whole verse,

lol, the father of lies, if he didn't do this too Eve with bending and twisting God's Word to fit him and plundge the world into sin, still your same game Satan, I know you and you will not win. The Lord rebuke you Satan, in Jesus name.

Arena
in the valley
The rest of the verse does not cancel out the first part of the verse ... It reinforces it. And like i said, moderation and temperance are good, and that is what Paul means when he says he will not be brought under the power of anything ...

You are no better than anyone else, even if you think you are. Thinking less of other people because they don't live up to your standards does not make you a good person, and neither does living like a puritan. In fact puritan life styles themselves can lead to imbalances and perversions ... That was why they burned alive women and young girls whom they thought were witches. And that is why many fundamentalist Christians condemn the world with their false religion and spread a false gospel of hate and everlasting torture for most of Gods creation. They are like the pharisees, white washed tombstones who appear righteous and holy on the outside, but are filled with death and corruption and violence and greed and condemnation on the inside.

Christ came eating and drinking and they called him a harlot-monger and a winebibber. He said himself that it is not what enters the mouth the defiles a person, but it is what comes out. Yet he also said to be drunk in the spirit rather than on wine ... Again, moderation.

Do not judge others or you will be judged, and if you do not condemn others then you will not be condemned. And if you forgive you will be forgiven, and if you show mercy you will be shown mercy.

If you cast your debtors into jail having first known the grace of God and that he has forgiven you your own debts, then you will be cast into jail and given over to the correction officers until you have paid the price of your hypocrisy and violence.

Love your enemy and bless those who persecute and abuse you. Do not return evil for evil, but overcome evil with Good ... God is gracious even to the wicked and ungrateful ... Perhaps you should learn to be as well.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 04-29-2011 at 08:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or