U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:13 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,200,750 times

Advertisements

We are to enjoy the things in this life that give us pleasure, though we should not allow our appetites to control us ...

"A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God"

"I know that nothing is better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives, and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor—it is the gift of God."

"Here is what I have seen: It is good and fitting for one to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it is his heritage. As for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, and given him power to eat of it, to receive his heritage and rejoice in his labor—this is the gift of God."

The wise words above are the words of Solomon, from Ecclesiastes ... When he speaks of drinking he is speaking of wine, not of water ...

"Go, eat your bread with joy,
And drink your wine with a merry heart;
For God has already accepted your works.
Let your garments always be white,
And let your head lack no oil."

Be responsible and learn moderation, and do not let things in your life dictate to you ... Many are weak, and we all have addictions in one form or another, but we can rest assured that though we are weak and fail, God is strong and he will not fail to eventually accomplish all that he desires in the lives of all people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 12:13 AM

164 posts, read 219,122 times
You know when people want to smoke cigarettes, pot, and crack in the church and tell a person who is saved you are no better than me, when we have left the world behind they are not getting it, Paul was better than Pilate, Peter was not Judas, you know we can not do what we want and it all works out, people in other threads are saying kind David was a horrible sinner, you know, falling down once in a while is one thing, but living in slop is another, I know where I came from, and I don't want to go back,

Some came easy and other things didn't but, if I am supposed to sit in a room of christians shooting meth, and cigarettes and crack in moderation, I think I might be a bit better than that now, and a bit smarter than to think that I am no different now, I was a sinner, but I don't live in it now like what you guys are talking about here. I watch to make sure I don't go where you guys are for I know that if I start believing the lies here, that is where it starts and being arround it too is dumb.

Could I sin, sure, do I always no, I resist, but was I born into sin, yes, but I am a new creature. Not a free sinning old mess with grace to smoke pot.

This is the end, you are in a pot is ok thread and you will never get Gods approval to do drugs. Drink responsibly He will allow, but not the rest, even all the sugar and caffiene is out of control. The food we eat now, that is all around us isn't the same, or air or water!

arena

Old 04-30-2011, 01:15 AM

17,740 posts, read 8,879,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena valleygirl View Post
Drink responsibly He will allow, but not the rest, even all the sugar and caffeine is out of control.
The food we eat now, that is all around us isn't the same, or air or water!
Stop eating and breathing, but drink alcohol responsibly?
Although it is
produced by the fermentation of sugars?

And don't take a shower for heaven's sake.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:41 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,176,702 times
If your use is helping to kill thousands of Mexicans I would think you would have trouble excusing yourself since you asked the question.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:43 AM

29,738 posts, read 47,517,527 times
Quote:
You know when people want to smoke cigarettes, pot, and crack in the church...
I really have no idea why you wish to equate crack into this.

Or for that matter tobacco.

Tobacco and crack are both addictive; while pot is not addictive.

Tobacco and crack are both seriously bad for your health; pot has been studied for 70 years with $millions$ spent and the 'big' health risk is that regular smokers risk a 1 in 1,000 chance of growing boobs. Tobacco and crack can both kill you.

Pot also has medical benefits, cant say that about crack.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:35 PM

A fool in his heart says pot is not addictive and that the smoke does not do bad things to his lungs and does not get him high in a way God does not allow. lol, Oh my, going to wrestle with me, that God says getting high is ok, oh my funny, lets say being gay is not addictive either, so just in moderation right! God does not talk about gambling either, but it does cause lot of problems, sugar not addictive, caffeine not addictive, I guess it is just pot out of all the drugs including booz that is not addictive, God does allow drinking but in moderation, but not pot. You won't win that one with the Almighty. The way is narrow

arena

Old 04-30-2011, 04:44 PM

29,738 posts, read 47,517,527 times
Quote:
A fool in his heart says pot is not addictive
The Surgeon General, the American Medical Assoc, and every MD in the nation are all fools?

Quote:
... in a way God does not allow. ...
Would it be better to follow God written Word; instead of insisting that our prejudices are God's laws?

Maybe it is better to allow God to say what He likes or dislikes.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:47 PM

Not many mighty, not many noble, not many rich will see, heaven, and yep they are, complete fools if they back pot and the American medical system, how do you think these guys get there and who got those guys there, do you really think you are not living in a totally debased place called earth that lies in wickedness, America is the seventh head of the antichrist, what do you think we are in a what, Christian forum trying to what, tell people pot smoking is ok, are you crazy insane, as my brother says so well some times. lol

arena
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or