U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-22-2009, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
29,719 posts, read 47,472,880 times
Reputation: 17556

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I was gonna give my life to the Lord before I got high

I was gonna surrender and put all my trust in Him but then I got high

Now I'm burning in hell and I know why...I know why...because I got high..because I got high...because I got high

Sorry I just couldn't resist.
Cute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2009, 05:30 PM
JS1 JS1 started this thread
 
1,898 posts, read 5,969,334 times
Reputation: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
If You Have A Medical Condiction Or Injuries Or Disease and need Pain
Relief , you are not going to be going out and engaging into activity that
you normally wouldn't engage in....you are going to be incapacitated to
a certain degree. Now on the other hand , if you are getting (DRUNK) just
to Loosen Yourself (UP) and do some things that you would under no
circumstances do (SOMBER) that's totally different now isn't it.
does laughing count?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 05:58 PM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,122 posts, read 11,663,838 times
Reputation: 3418
Default I'm Not Blowing You Off I'm On 10 Internet Sites...And I Work On The Net.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
God hates idols.

God tells us to stay away from idols.

We all generally understand and agree that idols are 'bad'.

Idols are 'bad' under all circumstances.

God never tells anyone to worship an idol.

Why? Because idols are bad and God is consistent.

If God said that alcohol was 'bad' [which God never does], then God would never tell anyone, under any circumstances, to drink.

God never commands you to sin.

If alcohol were 'bad' than it would be 'bad' under all circumstances.





An interesting theory. It is not supported by Archeology, and it is not supported by any Bible passage.



Read John chapter 2. Jesus' first public performance of a miracle was when he brought the booze to a week-long party.

And there were complaints because it was the good stuff. God only provides the good stuff.



Acts 2:13 explains that even the 'new wine' was alcoholic.

Wine was not called wine unless it was wine. Even when it was called 'new wine', it was not labeled 'wine' until after it had been fermented.

There was no 'new wine' that would have been alcohol-free.





And God tells us not to be drunkards yes.

Your point?



Drunkenness is forbidden. To become a drunkard is forbidden, however drinking is not forbidden.

Enjoying wine and even hard drink is encouraged at times by God.



"Psalm 104:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
:2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
:3 Who ...
:13 He ...
:14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
:15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart."

This is a Express Answer.....You say that GOD Always Does The Same Thing The Same Way.....Well what about when GOD Told King Saul to
kill innocent women and children of a Nation That They Were Victorious
Over.....And Under A Different Circumstance GOD Demands That We Do
No Murder Or Killing....GOD Said No Drinking Hard Liquor and you can
drink a little Wine for your Health , but don't get DRUNK ON WINE...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 06:02 PM
 
Location: In my house
541 posts, read 851,058 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoneer View Post
I believe it to be a sin to smoke anything. however the ingesting of such things is not. natural and not synthetic or altered by refinement.
WoW man,hey didn't Jesus get "stoned" at the gates of Jerusalem,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
29,719 posts, read 47,472,880 times
Reputation: 17556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
This is a Express Answer ..... You say that GOD Always Does The Same Thing The Same Way ..... Well what about when GOD Told King Saul to kill innocent women and children of a Nation That They Were Victorious Over ..... And Under A Different Circumstance GOD Demands That We Do No Murder Or Killing .... GOD Said No Drinking Hard Liquor and you can
drink a little Wine for your Health , but don't get DRUNK ON WINE ...
Where did God say no drinking of hard liquor?



Ecclesiastes 8:15 Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,565,258 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-IRISH View Post
WoW man,hey didn't Jesus get "stoned" at the gates of Jerusalem,
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 01:13 PM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,122 posts, read 11,663,838 times
Reputation: 3418
Default No HUNG ON A CROSS....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
lol
No JESUS wasn't "getting" stoned at the "Gates Of Jersalem" he was getting HUNG ON A OLD WOODEN CROSS For The Sins Of The World...
......Have A Blessed Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
29,719 posts, read 47,472,880 times
Reputation: 17556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
No JESUS wasn't "getting" stoned at the "Gates Of Jersalem" he was getting HUNG ON A OLD WOODEN CROSS For The Sins Of The World...
......Have A Blessed Day
Correct



Ecclesiastes 9:7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.
:8 Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.
:9 Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.
:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2009, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
29,719 posts, read 47,472,880 times
Reputation: 17556
Ecclesiastes 10:19 A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry, ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 12:50 PM
 
22,770 posts, read 25,182,020 times
Reputation: 14506
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
The Bible says homosexuality is a sin. The same Bible also says that women should not teach or preach.

So if we are to interpret the Bible literally, since the Bible says nothing about smoking pot, am I correct in assuming that smoking pot is OK?
Correct. Cannabis was created by God, and he commands that we should enjoy what he has given us.

"Honor the LORD with your wealth,
with the firstfruits of all your crops"

There is even evidence that God himself smokes pot:

"And blessed be God Most High"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top