Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:09 PM
JS1 JS1 started this thread

1,896 posts, read 6,751,265 times

Advertisements

The Bible says homosexuality is a sin. The same Bible also says that women should not teach or preach.

So if we are to interpret the Bible literally, since the Bible says nothing about smoking pot, am I correct in assuming that smoking pot is OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 10:20 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,295,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
The Bible says homosexuality is a sin. The same Bible also says that women should not teach or preach.

So if we are to interpret the Bible literally, since the Bible says nothing about smoking pot, am I correct in assuming that smoking pot is OK?
Come to think of it, the Bible says nothing about Jack Daniels, budweiser,
crack cocaine, heroine or 4 lb chocolate eclairs.

Mmm.. Looks like it's party time

Old 10-18-2009, 10:30 PM

73 posts, read 118,851 times
Jesus drank wine and whoever wrote Revelation smoked opium. So light up.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:38 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,295,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezusxtain View Post
Jesus drank wine and whoever wrote Revelation smoked opium. So light up.
No thanks.

but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:40 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,403,416 times
Galatians 5:20 Sorcery is defined in the ancient Greek as φαρμακεία pharmakeia -

Strong's G5331 - pharmakeia

Anything to do with the use of drugs.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:02 PM

5 posts, read 16,448 times
If you knew there was a landmine field nearby, would you get as close as you could without setting one off? Or would you stay far away as possible at all times?

I think the root of the problem is with the mere phrasing of your question.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:58 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,284,308 times
I must confess I have had the same thoughts about pot. I have been under a great deal of stress as of late and I thought very seriously about smokin dope and visiting with Jack... However, I have something more powerful than pot and Jack Daniel's put together... His name is Jesus the Christ. HE comforts without calories, side effects or negative consequences that may accompany smoking, doping and boozing. Furthermore, there is a scripture in the Bible that says something to the effect of "obey the laws of the land." Smoking pot is illegal in the state I live in. So, if you're a practicing Christian smoking pot may not be expedient or a good example of coming out from the world, but it you're a sinner and couldn't give a rip about the laws of the land or the Bible, do your thing... payday is coming after while. Party on!

Old 10-19-2009, 02:04 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,718,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post

Rom 6:23
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:07 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,718,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Galatians 5:20 Sorcery is defined in the ancient Greek as φαρμακεία pharmakeia -

Strong's G5331 - pharmakeia

Anything to do with the use of drugs.

Actually Pharmakeia or pharmaceutica is the use of mind altering chimical for the purpose of mind expansion. Alcohol is a drug, so is caffeine and nicotine and not to mention over the counter and prescription drugs. If any sort of use of drugs is sorcery Christ was a sorcerer as he drank along with every person who lived in those times or before those times.

As a matter of fact watching television or movies has a similar if not an even more drastic and permanent effect on the brain than many drugs do, especially when you consider the dangers of subliminal advertising, and is very addictive.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-19-2009 at 02:17 AM..

Old 10-19-2009, 06:03 AM

7,991 posts, read 12,222,290 times
Smoking marijauna/possessing small amounts of marijuana (the equivalent of a couple of joints) in Massachusetts is no longer illegal. June's not sure whether or how that would impact the 'sin' aspect in so doing, however. June has never cared for pot. In fact, she always intensely disliked it. It messes with her 'just June' mind and makes her feel even more stupid than she feels already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Jack Daniels, budweiser...or 4 lb chocolate eclairs.
-Someone forgot to mention bacon.

Take gentle care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity