U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:30 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,651,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Dispensationlism is not the truth....it is your truth...there is a huge difference.

It seems you do not have an original thought in your head....like I told you before, you rely way too much upon "man"...try listening and learning from God.

Your quote: "Jesus Christ did not say that the Kingdom of God is within you."

As you can see below....the various bibles (that you claim are reliable and free from translation errors) say He did.

AMP Nor will people say, Look! Here [it is]! or, See, [it is] there! For behold, the kingdom of God is within you [in your hearts] and among you [surrounding you].

KJV Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

NCV People will not say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' because God's kingdom is within you."

YLT nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign of God is within you.'

ASV neither shall they say, Lo, here! or, There! for lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

NIV nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

NASB nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Now, now! I understand your resistance to being exposed to the truth. Really. I do. But again. The Greek word ENTOS is translated 'in the midst'.

And some translations did get it right. For example:

NAS The kingdom of God is in your midst

ISV The kingdom of God is among you

BBE The kingdom of God is among you

DBY The kingdom of GOd is in the midst of you

And I never said the translations are error free. Only that the errors that are there do not change any point of doctrine. And also, that through the science of textual criticism, we can arrive at the intended meaning of the original texts.

You are not learning from God, you are being deceived by Satan. But, whatever makes you happy.

I invite anyone to go into my thread on dispensations and make what you will of it.

Last edited by Mike555; 10-21-2009 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 02:42 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,118,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Now, now! I understand your resistance to being exposed to the truth. Really. I do. But again. The Greek word ENTOS is translated 'in the midst'.

And some translations did get it right. For example:

NAS The kingdom of God is in your midst

ISV The kingdom of God is among you

BBE The kingdom of God is among you

DBY The kingdom of GOd is in the midst of you

And I never said the translations are error free. Only that the errors that are there do not change any point of doctrine.

You are not learning from God, you are being deceived by Satan. But, whatever makes you happy.
It seems this error definitely changes doctrine...don't you think?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
It seems this error definitely changes doctrine...don't you think?
Ok. I mis-spoke here on this reply to you. I did not say in prior posts that the translations don't make mistakes that don't change doctrine. What I did say in those prior posts is that the various manuscripts that we have available to us today do not have any errors that change any point of doctrine. That is a major difference. Be clear on that.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Ok. I mis-spoke here on this reply to you. I did not say in prior posts that the translations don't make mistakes that don't change doctrine. What I did say in those prior posts is that the various manuscripts that we have available to us today do not have any errors that change any point of doctrine. That is a major difference. Be clear on that.
Like I clearly showed you by the various bible verses I listed....they all say "the kingdom of God is within you"....your's say..."in your midst". This very clearly does change doctrine because you are waiting for a ficticious physical kingdom to appear out of the sky while I realize that Jesus spoke of a spiritual kingdom that is manifest inside every believer.

What you espouse and believe is "truth" comes from the bible translations you read and from the dispensational teachers you listen to.

I on the other hand don't limit myself to one set of "mans" teaching or doctrine...I have come to realize that there is a thread of truth in all the views but as I've told you before "Absolute Truth" comes from God and only God can reveal that to you when you become One with Him.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Like I clearly showed you by the various bible verses I listed....they all say "the kingdom of God is within you"....your's say..."in your midst". This very clearly does change doctrine because you are waiting for a ficticious physical kingdom to appear out of the sky while I realize that Jesus spoke of a spiritual kingdom that is manifest inside every believer.

What you espouse and believe is "truth" comes from the bible translations you read and from the dispensational teachers you listen to.

I on the other hand don't limit myself to one set of "mans" teaching or doctrine...I have come to realize that there is a thread of truth in all the views but as I've told you before "Absolute Truth" comes from God and only God can reveal that to you when you become One with Him.
Manuscripts versus translations. Manuscripts versus translation. Manuscripts versus translations. Big difference.

Go to the original Greek--entos--in the midst.

As I said. I understand your need to resist all of this, as it upsets your preteristic views. It's okay. Go have a cookie.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:48 PM

37,508 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Quote:
If not a deliberate lie . . . this is a deceitful misrepresentation. Entos is not remotely ambiguous. It means inside, within . . . the awkward usage referred to here if used at all would have to be "in the midst of YOU" or "within the bounds of YOU." This sort of pseudo-intellectual deception is unbecoming and dangerous.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Manuscripts versus translations. Manuscripts versus translation. Manuscripts versus translations. Big difference.

As I said. I understand your need to resist all of this, as it upsets your preteristic views. It's okay. Go have a cookie.
I know Mike...it's never easy admitting you may be wrong...I'll let you slide this time.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If not a deliberate lie . . . this is a deceitful misrepresentation. Entos is not remotely ambiguous. It means inside, within . . . the awkward usage referred to here if used at all would have to be "in the midst of YOU" or "within the bounds of YOU." This sort of pseudo-intellectual deception is unbecoming and dangerous.
That's exactly correct....Mike is just so busy getting his teaching from "men" instead of studying these things for himself...he just doesn't see that he may be wrong about a few things...and I use that term "few" loosely.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:02 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,287,428 times
Quote:
Mike,

How do you feel anout the Syriac in regards to the Book of Revelation?

Old 10-21-2009, 04:11 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,287,428 times
Quote:

From the Septuagint:

Dan 9:24-27

24Seventy weeks have been determined upon thy people, and upon the holy city, for sin to be ended, and to seal up transgressions, and to blot out the iniquities, and to make atonement for iniquities, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal the vision and the prophet, and to anoint the Most Holy.
25 And thou shalt know and understand, that from the going forth of the command for the answer and for the building of Jerusalem until Christ the prince there shall be seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks; and then the time shall return, and the street shall be built, and the wall, and the times shall be exhausted.
26 And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolations.
27 And one week shall establish the covenant with many: and in the midst (etnos) of the week my sacrifice and drink-offering shall be taken away: and on the temple shall be the abomination of desolations; and at the end of time an end shall be put to the desolation.

Who do you think this sacrifice is speaking of?

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or