U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:05 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,391,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Nope! Go into:

Grammatical Error (Forerunner Commentary) :: Bible Tools

Luke 17:21 (King James Version) :: Forerunner Commentary :: Bible Tools

And of course Jesus is referring to Himself. He is the King. Therefore, 'the kingdom is in your midst.'

Now just take the next step and realize that He did not say that the Kingdom of God is in you. He was talking to the Pharisees. They were His bitter enemies. The kingdom of God was certainly not in the Pharisees.

Your choice is to believe what it says or don't believe what it says. Denial of what it says, does not make it go away.

But if you want to deny it, have fun doing it.
You did not address the major points of my post (as usual)

1. Jesus said that the kingdom would come without observation.. the root of the word means Ocular evidence and as such the observation would mean that it is an unseen event. Therefore the next verse saying it would be among them would contradict that very statement he makes in the previous verse.

2. Luke uses the word mesou to say that something or someone is in the midst of or middle of ... why then does he use antos to say that Christ or the kingdom is in the middle or midst of them?

Did you even read the post? I figured it was too long for you to actually absorb.. I shoulda known better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 12:34 AM

20,304 posts, read 15,658,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
You did not address the major points of my post (as usual)

1. Jesus said that the kingdom would come without observation.. the root of the word means Ocular evidence and as such the observation would mean that it is an unseen event. Therefore the next verse saying it would be among them would contradict that very statement he makes in the previous verse.

2. Luke uses the word mesou to say that something or someone is in the midst of or middle of ... why then does he use antos to say that Christ or the kingdom is in the middle or midst of them?

Did you even read the post? I figured it was too long for you to actually absorb.. I shoulda known better.
I usually don't bother reading what you post.

1) Christ was being vague with the Pharisees. He was the king. He was standing right there in front of them and they didn't know who He was. They didn't know that He was the Messiah. Israel had rejected Him as Messiah and now Christ was setting Israel aside. From this point on, He spoke in parables to Israel, and His focus was now shifting toward the soon to come church age. 2)They used the words that they chose to use.

Last edited by Mike555; 10-22-2009 at 12:45 AM..

Old 10-22-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
I see that...

And it's not just limited to me either.. just about everyone who disagrees with you is ignored.
Do you also ignore your psychiatrist when told to take your meds...
But yet somehow you call yourself "open-minded?"

The Fair-Minded Thinker (http://debatecomics.org/webpages/resources/fairmindedthinker.asp?PN=FairMindedThinker - broken link)

BTW the third line was an antagonistic comment and was meant to see if you actually read the posts, as I did with the last one by inserting Luke 6:30.

It is apparent that any new information is gonna fly right by you.. good thing you are so set in your ways...

Keep on keeping on.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:47 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,289,114 times
Quote:

Serious answer is that Dan. 9:27 is referring to Christ and to His sacrifice, confirming the New Covenent, and putting an end to the Jewish rites and Levitical offerings.
Mike....we agree again....Praise God!

Old 10-22-2009, 02:55 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,119,759 times
Quote:
Anyway, after sitting down and waiting to see if God would give me an answer right out of the blue, because as we all know, we are not to get any answers from men; you know what? Nothing happened!
Has it ever occurred to you that you receive no revelation from God because you trust your pastors and teachers for your answers more than you trust God to provide them to you?

Just a little food for thought there Mikey!

Old 10-22-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:

1) Christ was being vague with the Pharisees. He was the king. He was standing right there in front of them and they didn't know who He was. They didn't know that He was the Messiah. Israel had rejected Him as Messiah and now Christ was setting Israel aside. From this point on, He spoke in parables to Israel, and His focus was now shifting toward the soon to come church age. 2)They used the words that they chose to use.
I really hate it when people add substantially to what they wrote to begin with after I already responded to the entirety of their message... but that is just a pet peeve of mine.

1. Christ was being vague? How is saying the kingdom doesn't come with observation indicate vagueness?
He was the Messiah not the King. He never addressed himself as King.. it was the Pharisees who labeled him facetiously as King of the Jews. That is my understanding. So the Pharisees were under the impression that he thought he was the leader of the Jews.. part of the reason why they wanted him arrested.

2. Please don't pretend that "they used the words that they chose to use" is any sort of intelligent answer to why the writer of Luke chose to use antos once and meant the same thing as mesou in 10+ other verses to mean the same thing.. that is just absurdly evasive.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:06 PM

396 posts, read 505,261 times
Quote:
Israel remains scattered today and will remain scattered until the second advent of Christ. The fact that there are some Jews in the land now, is not the fulfillment of God's promise to restore them to the land.

The passages you have listed are fulfilled in the future.

Look at this link: Daniel 12:7 The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, "It will be for a time, times and half a time. When the power

Scroll down the page and look at the parallel commentaries.
Wasn't Israel scattered in 70 A.D? Will they be scattered again?

Old 10-22-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Has it ever occurred to you that you receive no revelation from God because you trust your pastors and teachers for your answers more than you trust God to provide them to you?

Just a little food for thought there Mikey!
2 Tim. 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

but you could just listen to others who study and blame them when you both are wrong....

I study and only have myself to blame if I am wrong.. though I am rarely wrong (<--said sarcastically for all you out there who will call me on this LOL)

Old 10-22-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
Wasn't Israel scattered in 70 A.D? Will they be scattered again?
Yeah that was the Diaspora not THE scattering... LOL they have to be gathered together in Israel (and the surrounding areas because there are many) and then build a new temple, start sacrificing animals again .. then Jesus will come back to destroy the temple and scatter them again..

YIKES!

Old 10-22-2009, 03:48 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,289,114 times
Vision and prophecy ceased after the Apocalypse of St. John. There is no need for it anymore because all is fulfilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or