U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:34 PM

20,301 posts, read 15,658,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Has it ever occurred to you that you receive no revelation from God because you trust your pastors and teachers for your answers more than you trust God to provide them to you?

Just a little food for thought there Mikey!
As I'm sure I stated in the post, I was just joking. No one in their right mind would think that God is going to speak audibly to them in this dispensation. God communicates through His written word. When you learn the word of God, the Holy Spirit takes that doctrine that is in your soul and works with it to guide you. And that's it. No communication through dreams, no audible voice from God, no visions. In the church age, God communicates only through the Bible doctrine in your soul which the Holy Spirit uses to guide you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I really hate it when people add substantially to what they wrote to begin with after I already responded to the entirety of their message... but that is just a pet peeve of mine.

1. Christ was being vague? How is saying the kingdom doesn't come with observation indicate vagueness?
He was the Messiah not the King. He never addressed himself as King.. it was the Pharisees who labeled him facetiously as King of the Jews. That is my understanding. So the Pharisees were under the impression that he thought he was the leader of the Jews.. part of the reason why they wanted him arrested.

2. Please don't pretend that "they used the words that they chose to use" is any sort of intelligent answer to why the writer of Luke chose to use antos once and meant the same thing as mesou in 10+ other verses to mean the same thing.. that is just absurdly evasive.
Actually, I added to my post while you were doing yours, and you posted yours before I finished mine. You should have waited a couple more minutes before going on the war path.

As for #2) I gave your question all the thought that I felt it deserved. None. Reason? You're not trying to learn, you only want to debate and at least with me, to criticize.

According to you He never said He was God either.

John 18:33 Pilate therefore entered again into the Praetorium, and summoned Jesus, and said to Him, ''Are You the King of the Jews?'' 36) Jesus answered, ''My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting, that I might not be delivered up to the Jews; but as it is. My Kingdom is not of this realm. 37) Pilate therefore said to Him, ''So you are a King? ''Jesus answered, ''You say correctly that I am a King.''

Last edited by Mike555; 10-22-2009 at 05:17 PM..

Old 10-22-2009, 04:54 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,119,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As I'm sure I stated in the post, I was just joking. No one in their right mind would think that God is going to speak audibly to them in this dispensation. God communicates through His written word. When you learn the word of God, the Holy Spirit takes that doctrine that is in your soul and works with it to guide you. And that's it. No communication through dreams, no audible voice from God, no visions. In the church age, God communicates only through the Bible doctrine in your soul which the Holy Spirit uses to guide you.
You are oh sooooo wrong about that buddy...God speaks if you are open to it....which you obviously aren't....and that is very sad.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
Wasn't Israel scattered in 70 A.D? Will they be scattered again?
No...they won't and we all know that...but the Palestinians may slaughter them and I can't say I blame them.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
Wasn't Israel scattered in 70 A.D? Will they be scattered again?
Of course they were scattered in 70 A.D. And they remain scattered until the second advent of Christ. Now of course there are some Jews back in the land now. When Christ returns, He returns to an already existing nation of Israel. But when Christ returns, He regathers all Jews everywhere back to Israel and gives them all the land that was promised by God to Abraham and his descendants. The nation Israel currently is in possesion of only a fraction of that land now.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Of course they were scattered in 70 A.D. And they remain scattered until the second advent of Christ. Now of course there are some Jews back in the land now. When Christ returns, He returns to an already existing nation of Israel. But when Christ returns, He regathers all Jews everywhere back to Israel and gives them all the land that was promised by God to Abraham and his descendants. The nation Israel currently is in possesion of only a fraction of that land now.
Not going to happen!!

Old 10-22-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
No...they won't and we all know that...but the Palestinians may slaughter them and I can't say I blame them.
Gen. 12:3 ''And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse.'' This is a promise of God to Abram (Abraham) concerning anti-semitism. It applys to individuals and to nations that either are friendly or antagonistic toward the Jews.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Gen. 12:3 ''And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse.'' This is a promise of God to Abram (Abraham) concerning anti-semitism. It applys to individuals and to nations that either are friendly or antagonistic toward the Jews.
Dude...you're barking up the wrong tree with that nonsense...there is NO SEPARATE PLAN for the people/Jews living in Israel or anywhere else. There is only ONE church now and that is all there will ever be. ONE GOD...ONE PEOPLE.

Did you miss that part where Jesus said, there are no Jews, or Greeks, no male, no female...no distinctions between any of us...we are all the body of Christ.

Last edited by ChristyGrl; 10-22-2009 at 05:49 PM..

Old 10-22-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Not going to happen!!
Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. Call God a liar, blaspheme Him by denying what He has revealed in His word...

Old 10-22-2009, 05:28 PM

55 posts, read 68,999 times
wonder if you realize that the spiritual bady can take on physical aspects which means being able to eat drink and be felt by others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or