U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-22-2009, 06:35 PM
 
20,326 posts, read 15,696,619 times
Reputation: 7451

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Vision and prophecy ceased after the Apocalypse of St. John. There is no need for it anymore because all is fulfilled.

I was being facetious. Of course there are no visions or prophecy anymore. I was making fun of a certain someone who thinks God talks to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2009, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,294,852 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I was being facetious. Of course there are no visions or prophecy anymore.
Gotcha thanks Mike...I thought you were being facetious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,125,830 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I was being facetious. Of course there are no visions or prophecy anymore. I was making fun of a certain someone who thinks God talks to her.
Yep...that just the kind of response I've come to expect from Mikey when he can't admit he's wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,125,830 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. Call God a liar, blaspheme Him by denying what He has revealed in His word...
I'm not calling God a liar....I'm telling you you are misinformed. Gods been there an done that and it's OVER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 06:51 PM
 
20,326 posts, read 15,696,619 times
Reputation: 7451
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Dude...you're barking up the wrong tree with that nonsense...there is NO SEPARATE PLAN for the people/Jews living in Israel or anywhere else. There is only ONE church now and that is all there will ever be. ONE GOD...ONE PEOPLE.

Did you miss that part where Jesus said, there are no Jews, or Greeks, no make, no female...no distinctions between any of us...we are all the body of Christ.
Yes. That is because we are in the dispensation of the church. In this church age, everyone who believes in Christ is a part of the body of Christ, and there is no distinction. That was not true in the age of israel. The Jews were identified as distinct from the Gentiles.

I suggest that you sit yourself down and do a deep and detailed study and analysis of dispensations, and then report back to me what you have learned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2009, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,125,830 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Yes. That is because we are in the dispensation of the church. In this church age, everyone who believes in Christ is a part of the body of Christ, and there is no distinction. That was not true in the age of israel. The Jews were identified as distinct from the Gentiles.

I suggest that you sit yourself down and do a deep and detailed study and analysis of dispensations, and then report back to me what you have learned.
I do not need to get caught up in your tabloid of dispensensationalism Mikey...I am miles ahead of you on my spiritual walk...you need to catch up. Put the milk down and have some solid food for awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 01:03 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,404,036 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Actually, I added to my post while you were doing yours, and you posted yours before I finished mine. You should have waited a couple more minutes before going on the war path.
I didn't mean to imply that you did it on purpose just that there is no way of knowing that it has been changed so it is easy to miss. I'm sorry you feel I am on a war path..but you do seem to start a lot of threads on here, so it may seem like I am on the war path but I truly am not.

Quote:
As for #2) I gave your question all the thought that I felt it deserved. None. Reason? You're not trying to learn, you only want to debate and at least with me, to criticize.
I am learning everyday! all day! If you didn't think about it why give it an answer? You argued that the word meant something.. I debated that. You decided not to answer.. then changed your mind and gave another equally non-answer...
That is your choice.. but to say I am being critical of you specifically is going overboard. You also criticized posts I have made and I don't take it personally.. I am here to learn. Ignoring posts and not reading them is your choice.

Quote:
According to you He never said He was God either.
Jesus never once stated he was God... can you prove otherwise.. if so I will recant that statement but you can't prove it if you don't read what I write or respond.. again your choice.


Quote:
John 18:33 Pilate therefore entered again into the Praetorium, and summoned Jesus, and said to Him, ''Are You the King of the Jews?'' 36) Jesus answered, ''My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting, that I might not be delivered up to the Jews; but as it is. My Kingdom is not of this realm. 37) Pilate therefore said to Him, ''So you are a King? ''Jesus answered, ''You say correctly that I am a King.''
King of the kingdom not king of the Jews... he said a king...

The Webster bible translation is the only one who capitalizes the word king.. not sure why you do. Pilate asks if Jesus is king of the Jews and Jesus refutes that by saying his kingdom is not of this world...

Then Pilate asks him if he is a king (in the general sense) and Jesus agrees.. yes he is a king... just not the king of the Jews.

I don't propose to know everything but I do know that it was the Pharisees that called Jesus the king of the Jews.. This is why Jesus asks Pilate if he was told that or if he thought that himself. The charge against him was that he was going to try to overthrow the governing power, the Romans. But we know that was not his purpose..

You said they didn't know that the king was in their midst when obviously they did because that was their accusation, that he claimed to be the king of the Jews, which he clearly did not claim... therefore your interpretation of the verse containing antos is clearly in error. Antos clearly means within or inside, not in the midst of.

Jesus NEVER agreed that he was king of the Jews.. if I misstated that I am truly sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top