U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:51 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,455,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I am assuming nothing. How would you feel if you saw a sign in your neighborhood that said Christianity is of the devil? I know how i would feel about it.
I see it all the time just turn on the TV and listen to how your God's name is blasphemed EVERYDAY.....do I run and cry....boo hooo hooo? do I yell, this is hate....where is the tolerance and love?....your just an anti-Christian? NOPE!

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-19-2009 at 01:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,202,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I see it all the time.....do I run and cry....boo hooo hooo, do I yell, this is hate....where is the tolerance and love....your just an anti-Christian! Turn on the TV and listen to how your God's name is blashemed EVERYDAY
And it doesn't make you angry? You know what, if you feel that you are in the right so be it. Nothing and no one can change your heart but God. I hear Christians complaining about how secular society is taking God out of school and how they wont allow Christians to influence the cheerleaders at certain events etc. Getting all upset about it. The fact is fundamental Christians are two faced when it comes to things like this. They can say and do anything they want that might be offensive to others of different faiths but whenever they are challenged as to their rights to say and do what they want they get all upset, knowing full well if Allah was added into the pledge of allegiance or if Muslim prayer was allowed in school or Islam was allowed to influence cheerleaders and their cheers at school events they would throw a hissy fit.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-19-2009 at 01:57 PM..

Old 10-19-2009, 01:03 PM

30,223 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Quote:
And it doesn't make you angry? You know what, if you feel that you are in the right so be it. Nothing and no one can change your heart but God. I hear Christians complaining about how secular society is taking God out of school and how they wont allow Christians to influence the cheerleaders at certain events etc. Getting all upset about it. The fact is fundamental Christians are two faced when it comes to things like this. They can say and do anything they want that might be offensive to others of different faiths but whenever they are challenged as to their rights to say and do what they want they get all upset, knowing full well if Allah was added into the pledge of allegiance or Muslim if prayer was allowed in school or Islam was allowed to influence cheerleaders and their cheers at school events they would throw a hissy fit.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
And it doesn't make you angry? You know what, if you feel that you are in the right so be it. Nothing and no one can change your heart but God. I hear Christians complaining about how secular society is taking God out of school and how they wont allow Christians to influence the cheerleaders at certain events etc. Getting all upset about it. The fact is fundamental Christians are two faced when it comes to things like this. They can say and do anything they want that might be offensive to others of different faiths but whenever they are challenged as to their rights to say and do what they want they get all upset, knowing full well if Allah was added into the pledge of allegiance or Muslim if prayer was allowed in school or Islam was allowed to influence cheerleaders and their cheers at school events they would throw a hissy fit.
Of course it does but many things make me angry....Shoot! if I applied the golden rule to everything that peeves me I would never leave the house but we are talking about hateful not angry. Two entirely different things. Is what they did hateful based on scripture?

This is exactly what my thread is about. Using worldly thinking ....It is true that some Christians go way over board on issues but there are issues which affect Christians such as the school issue. Since they have taken God out of school, school violence have soared so the Christians who can afford starting sending their children to private schools and looky! looky! now the world is sending their kids to private schools because public schools are not cutting it.

Christians have a stake in their schools as well as tax payers and the future and saftey of their children. You are no different than the fundies who go overboard with the issue, you yourself are to the other extreme in criticizing your brothers and sisters and not having scriptural support but applying the golden rule based on assumption that they are hypocrites and full of hate. You may not like what they do or say Ironmaw but that doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right which brings back to the point of this thread. How do you they are wrong?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-19-2009 at 01:47 PM..

Old 10-19-2009, 02:05 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,202,500 times
Quote:
Of course it does but many things make me angry....Shoot! if I applied the golden rule to everything that peeves me I would never leave the house but we are talking about hateful not angry. Two entirely different things. Is what they did hateful based on scripture?

This is exactly what my thread is about. Using worldly thinking ....It is true that some Christians go way over board on issues but there are issues which affect Christians such as the school issue. Since they have taken God out of school, school violence have soared so the Christians who can afford starting sending their children to private schools and looky! looky! now the world is sending their kids to private schools because public schools are not cutting it.

Christians have a stake in their schools as well as tax payers and the future and saftey of their children. You are no different than the fundies who go overboard with the issue, you yourself are to the other extreme in criticizing your brothers and sisters and not having scriptural support but applying the golden rule based on assumption that they are hypocrites and full of hate. You may not like what they do or say Ironmaw but that doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right which brings back to the point of this thread. How do you they are wrong?
I criticize condemning and cursing others to hell, i criticize spiritual apartheid and legalistic teachings. I do not go around in public proclaiming whatever i believe even though it might offend others. I don't go around with a chip on my shoulder daring someone to knock it off under the auspices of spreading the good news of salvation for all men. What Christians have to say to one another or when asked by others is one thing, but advertising religious and cultural slander is anything but Christ-like. Like I said, no one is going to change your mind. But when Christians start being persecuted more and more just remember who started it.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I criticize condemning and cursing others to hell, i criticize spiritual apartheid and legalistic teachings. I do not go around in public proclaiming whatever i believe even though it might offend others. I don't go around with a chip on my shoulder daring someone to knock it off under the auspices of spreading the good news of salvation for all men. What Christians have to say to one another or when asked by others is one thing, but advertising religious and cultural slander is anything but Christ-like. Like I said, no one is going to change your mind. But when Christians start being persecuted more and more just remember who started it.
I criticize people who say, Jesus is the only way...where is it going to end? Worldly thinking. You are doing the same you accuse others of doing. What you are critical of does not necessarily make it wrong. Where is scripture?

Old 10-19-2009, 02:09 PM

1,240 posts, read 1,023,085 times
Quote:
Depends how you define hesitation or discrimination but isn't all of that the results of one walking in love. Is not true love, a passion for God and the things of God?

If one has to hesitate to do something than there is discrimination.

Let turn that around, those who discriminate, hesitate.

Free speech is like any other freedom, it carries with it responsibility.

God knew what the flesh was capable of doing, so He gave us standards as guides.

Likewise, freedom of speech should have a standard for decency.

No standard in anything will run amok.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-19-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
If one has to hesitate to do something than there is discrimination.

Let turn that around, those who discriminate, hesitate.

Free speech is like any other freedom, it carries with it responsibility.

God knew what the flesh was capable of doing, so He gave us standards as guides.

Likewise, freedom of speech should have a standard for decency.

No standard in anything will run amok.

Blessings, AJ
I agree with this from a human standpoint but from a nuetral position I would say, No...free speech shouldn't have a standard of decency because then how do you or who defines "decency".

Free speech is free speech (period) there are no (BUT'S). It's either free or it isn't. You are wording it in a way that you regulate free speech without censoring but you are still censoring.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:36 PM

1,240 posts, read 1,023,085 times
Quote:
I agree with this from a humanistic perspective but from a nuetral position I would say, No...free speech shouldn't have a standard of decency because then how do you or who defines "decency".

Free speech is free speech (period) there are no (BUT'S). It's either free or it isn't. You are wording it in a way that you regulate free speech without censoring but you are still censoring.
I agree with you as to what it should be.

The problem is an age old problem, and that is being humanistic.

Now, unless God set standards for our humanistic free ways, than we would all go amok.

Regulation is good for those who are weak in responsibility and therefore needed as a standard.

Now a fair question is what is a fair standard?

Those agreed upon by the general public as a standard and voted on.

Those who do not comply must face the consequences of discipline.

Political correctness is an attempt to override the standard under the name of freedom.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-19-2009, 02:39 PM

37,545 posts, read 25,261,889 times
Quote:
This is a common misconception. Free speech does NOT translate into profligate or licentious speech that produces harm to others . . . like yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater. There are limits to everything, Fundy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity