Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,502,499 times

Advertisements

This is a fundamentalist church that have a way of spreading truth in a manner that I myself don't necessarily agree with but it doesn't mean what they are doing is wrong either so how do I handle this rather than calling them pharisee or legalist? (you know who you are) I look at scripture and I find no sin being committed here- one can argue maybe "revilers" but a sign on a lawn imo is not the same. These are obviously my brothers and sisters in Christ who I must recognize have a different way of doing things regardless if I think their way is wrong because again without scripture to support you how can you say it's a sin.

Too often in this room I see Christians siding with unbelievers, atheist in a worldy, carnal fashion against their own brothers and sisters in Christ. How is that love? How are you showing love? You side with what God's word refers to as "children of the devil" against "Children of God"; your own brothers and sisters and then claim it is in the name of Christianity and tolerance. Well from a biblical perspective you are being neither since you want to impose your view of what love is, rebuking another's way and even deeming it unchristian when you have absolutely no scripture to show it as unloving or a sin, and if it is not a sin what authority do you have to condemn or criticize a fellow brother or sister of Christ? One must conclude, is it pride, a lack of sensitivity or your carnal state has fooled you into thinking you are full of love by putting down what you deem "unloving"?

So just how loving, tolerant and understanding do you think you are?

YouTube - CAIR: Church Sign Says 'Islam is of the Devil': Anti-Islam church sign stirs up community outrage

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-19-2009 at 11:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 10:58 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,292,789 times
Mark 9:40

Old 10-19-2009, 11:51 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,251,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
This is a fundamentalist church that have a way of spreading truth in a manner that I myself don't necessarily agree with but it doesn't mean what they are doing is wrong either so how do I handle this rather than calling them pharisee or legalist? (you know who you are) I look at scripture and I find no sin being committed here- one can argue maybe "revilers" but a sign on a lawn imo is not the same. These are obviously my brothers and sisters in Christ who I must recognize have a different way of doing things regardless if I think their way is wrong because again without scripture to support you how can you say it's a sin.

Too often in this room I see Christians siding with unbelievers, atheist in a worldy, carnal fashion against their own brothers and sisters in Christ. How is that love? How are you showing love? You side with what God's word refers to as "children of the devil" against "Children of God"; your own brothers and sisters and then claim it is in the name of Christianity and tolerance. Well from a biblical perspective you are being neither since you want to impose your view of what love is, rebuking another's way and even deeming it unchristian when you have absolutely no scripture to show it as unloving or a sin, and if it is not a sin what authority do you have to condemn or criticize a fellow brother or sister of Christ? One must conclude, is it pride, a lack of sensitivity or your carnal state has fooled you into thinking you are full of love by putting down what you deem "unloving"?

YouTube - CAIR: Church Sign Says 'Islam is of the Devil': Anti-Islam church sign stirs up community outrage

A good question you are asking there.

Here's my view based on my life's experiences.

Love is not love until it is tested.

Normally, for the congregations protection, whatever that congregations (Belief system)beliefs are, the goal is to keep the congregation's as a family by binding them to a set of beliefs.

Love is thought in many a congregation but with conditions.

To truly exercise love, the desire to exercise love is without hesitation and without discrimination.

That leads to question what you beliefs are, therefore giving opportunity to present your views and win some to Gods cause.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-19-2009, 12:05 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,654,450 times
Quote:
Too often in this room I see Christians siding with unbelievers, atheist in a worldly, carnal fashion against their own brothers and sisters in Christ. How is that love? How are you showing love? You side with what God's word refers to as "children of the devil" against "Children of God"; your own brothers and sisters and then claim it is in the name of Christianity and tolerance. Well from a biblical perspective you are being neither since you want to impose your view of what love is, rebuking another's way and even deeming it unchristian when you have absolutely no scripture to show it as unloving or a sin, and if it is not a sin what authority do you have to condemn or criticize a fellow brother or sister of Christ? One must conclude, is it pride, a lack of sensitivity or your carnal state has fooled you into thinking you are full of love by putting down what you deem "unloving"?

I don't agree with that sign.....and yes it is wrong! People don't have to be Christian to know that Islam is a religion of hate and not of peace.

And IMHO to the above post.... if one is siding with the unbelieving world and false teachers they are not my brother or sister in Christ.....sorry, but the one who claims they are a believer and hold to false teachings denying the Scripture of Truth are not of Christ......... they are our neighbor as Christ taught us. Big difference!

But I have seen all to often supposedly the brethren in Christ shun their brethren and show partiality here which is awful.....
That is the part I could never understand that goes on way to often......
Especially when our brethren is under such attack from those that you know their intent is malice and to bring harm to the believer, brethren, child of God.
Yet, what is so ironic is that you can watch the people who are claiming a false truth come in and back one another up even if it is false.....But the Christian runs and hides...I believe this is the cowards that it speaks about in the scripture.

Now when you know that one is a child of God and if you see your brethren acting in a way that is not pleasing to the Lord, DM them, speak loving and kind, let them see what they are doing is showing something other than the Spirit of Christ. That is our responsibility in the community of believers to make our brethren accountable.....

If they don't receive it as love and helping them to see that for a season they have gone astray in pride, anger, whatever..... then one should shake the dust off their feet keep them steadfast in prayer until they have repented.

But this forum is divided.....because not all hold to the Truth of Jesus Christ! And you will never see a complete unity of the Spirit here!!!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 10-19-2009 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: added a word.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
A good question you are asking there.

Here's my view based on my life's experiences.

Love is not love until it is tested.

Normally, for the congregations protection, whatever that congregations (Belief system)beliefs are, the goal is to keep the congregation's as a family by binding them to a set of beliefs.

Love is thought in many a congregation but with conditions.

To truly exercise love, the desire to exercise love is without hesitation and without discrimination.

That leads to question what you beliefs are, therefore giving opportunity to present your views and win some to Gods cause.

Blessings, AJ
Depends how you define hesitation or discrimination but isn't all of that the results of one walking in love. Is not true love, a passion for God and the things of God?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:21 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,063,264 times
No, but God has not finished with yet .

Old 10-19-2009, 12:31 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,251,776 times
To love does not mean one has to side with anybody.
If in demonstration, Godly love is exercised, there is no need for any signs of any kind.

To demean another belief to hold ones own belief is to still be in bondage as per the sign.

A sign of a true believer is one of independence, one not easily swayed to and fro by every wind of doctrine, but rather solid as the rock in Jesus, our rock and or solid as a rock in belief in God.

Because of Jesus, God and Jesus are the same God.

For if the word says, there is no other name under heaven by which mankind can be saved, makes Jesus God.

But, let's say, Jesus is not believed in, but God is under another name, God still respects the faith demonstrated in His name for Jesus sake.

That makes us all brothers and sisters, not necessarily agreed in beliefs, yet still brothers and sisters.

We are instructed to love our enemies as though God loves them to?

If He didn't, why try?

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-19-2009, 12:36 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,041,337 times
The great thing about freedom of speech in this country is it provides a way for those without a lick of common sense to speak.. thus shining a light on those who don't have a lick of common sense.

of the devil indeed...

and now I see that one of the pastors sent his kids to school with "Islam Is Of The Devil" Tshirts! How classy! One of his kids is in elementary school.

Freedom of speech does not absolve you from consequences of what your speech might incite.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
The great thing about freedom of speech in this country is it provides a way for those without a lick of common sense to speak.. thus shining a light on those who don't have a lick of common sense.

of the devil indeed...

and now I see that one of the pastors sent his kids to school with "Islam Is Of The Devil" Tshirts! How classy! One of his kids is in elementary school.

Freedom of speech does not absolve you from consequences of what your speech might incite.
Is any of what you said, scriptural or is that a worldly thinking?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
To love does not mean one has to side with anybody.
If in demonstration, Godly love is exercised, there is no need for any signs of any kind.

To demean another belief to hold ones own belief is to still be in bondage as per the sign.
How are they demeaning one's belief by stating truth? is it how they are doing it or that they are honest and open about truth? Is it any different when one says, Jesus is THE ONLY WAY to heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity