U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:06 AM

20,299 posts, read 15,647,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
Of course not - since the Catholic Church is not "in bed with Islam" or any of the other wild accusations.
By the Catholic Churches own admission, it is. Read the 1994 Vatican publication,' Recognize the Spiritual Bonds which Unite Us: 16 Years of Christian-Muslim Dialogue,' that is mentioned in the article I posted.

Or ignore the truth.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:07 AM

11,822 posts, read 9,813,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No. The Bible teaches a pre-Tribulational rapture. The church needs to be in Heaven for the Bema Seat judgment, and for the wedding preparation of the church to Christ. This happens while the Tribulation is going on on the earth. Plus, the indwelling Holy Spirit is the restraining influence that prevents the Tribulation from starting. When the church is taken off the earth, the restraining ministry of the Holy Spirit is removed from the earth and the Tribulation can occur. And the church returns with Christ at His second coming which means that it first had to have been taken off the earth. Try this website and see what you think.

The Rapture of the Church

The Pope I think, would be better suited as the false prophet, but who knows for sure.
Mike,

Read the website and have concluded that millinium is still false. If there would be a kingdom that could be measured precisely and marked by a visible return of Christ, the ability to predict the end of the world would result. This thought is contrary to Scripture and contributes to a false sense of security, almost invariably some additional time of grace is conceived of beyond the New Testament era.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Mike,

Read the website and have concluded that millinium is still false. If there would be a kingdom that could be measured precisely and marked by a visible return of Christ, the ability to predict the end of the world would result. This thought is contrary to Scripture and contributes to a false sense of security, almost invariably some additional time of grace is conceived of beyond the New Testament era.
We cannot predict when the rapture will occur. But once the rapture has occured, then everything is on a time table and the events are predictable.

At some point, the rapture occurs. Then, immediately the Tribulation begins. Seven years later, the second advent of Christ occurs. Then the Millennium begins and one thousand years later, the Millennium ends. Satan is thrown into the lake of fire, all unbelievers are resurrected and stand before Christ at the Great White Throne, they are condemned on the basis of their works, and then cast into the lake of fire to join Satan and the rest of the fallen angels. The eternal state continues on and time is no more.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:03 PM

20,187 posts, read 12,829,183 times
Quote:
By the Catholic Churches own admission, it is. Read the 1994 Vatican publication,' Recognize the Spiritual Bonds which Unite Us: 16 Years of Christian-Muslim Dialogue,' that is mentioned in the article I posted.

Or ignore the truth.
The article you posted is from a hate site so why should I read it? Why don't you go to the source of true Catholicism and ask questions, see what they have to say about it, if you dare. You still do not have to agree with it but you will be getting it from the horse's mouth.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The article you posted is from a hate site so why should I read it? Why don't you go to the source of true Catholicism and ask questions, see what they have to say about it, if you dare. You still do not have to agree with it but you will be getting it from the horse's mouth.
I have a neighbor who is Catholic. I know what they think. I know what the Catholic church teaches. I know that it teaches a lot of things that are contrary to the Bible.

The website you think is a hate site 'reachingcatholics.org' is simply trying to reach out to Catholics and show them the truth of God's word.

People who find their beliefs being challenged often resort to the 'hate speech' accusation.

You should examine what the Catholic church teaches against what the Bible actually says.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:57 PM

4,368 posts, read 4,092,319 times
Mike 555 maybe you should go find another forum/venue where people are as gullible as you are to believe such nonsense.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:30 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,960,570 times
Quote:
I have a neighbor who is Catholic. I know what they think. I know what the Catholic church teaches. I know that it teaches a lot of things that are contrary to the Bible.

The website you think is a hate site 'reachingcatholics.org' is simply trying to reach out to Catholics and show them the truth of God's word.

People who find their beliefs being challenged often resort to the 'hate speech' accusation.

You should examine what the Catholic church teaches against what the Bible actually says.
You may know what your neighbor thinks, but I can assure you, you don't know what the Catholic Church teaches. Or if you do, your concealing it.

I find it interesting that very seldom you will see a Catholic condeming other christians, or insisting upon that which others should believe. At least you don't see it from me. But it's very common to see many other denominations insisting they have the monopoly on the truth, that they have unlocked the secret's of scripture. That some new prophet has emerged that can now answer qusetions that have been hidden for thousands of years.

PS;
I don't wish to take anything away with all my friends of different faith traditions on this forum with whom I continue to enjoy respectful dialogue with, as we wrestle with some very important doctrine.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:45 PM

20,187 posts, read 12,829,183 times
Quote:

Well, you know what your neighbor who is Catholic thinks, hey that settles it. Is your neighbor the Pope? LOL I don't trust my neighbor would be an expert on things, maybe you are gullible. I would check other resources----on most topics.

The web site wants to show Catholics the truth of God's word then it is too late. The bible you are quoting from is a Catholic book. Who do you think complied the bible? We already know the truth of His word. The church was the first to teach it to the world.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well, you know what your neighbor who is Catholic thinks, hey that settles it. Is your neighbor the Pope? LOL I don't trust my neighbor would be an expert on things, maybe you are gullible. I would check other resources----on most topics.

The web site wants to show Catholics the truth of God's word then it is too late. The bible you are quoting from is a Catholic book. Who do you think complied the bible? We already know the truth of His word. The church was the first to teach it to the world.
Right. Prayers to the dead, making saints out of people who have been dead for ages, the perpetual virginity of Mary, people become angels, believing that the wine and the bread actually become the blood and flesh of Christ, the Pope is the vicar of God, placing tradition on a par with the Bible...on, and on, and on, ad nauseum. The Catholic church is full of heresy and rituals that came right out of the Babylonian religion.

When the church gets raptured, the Catholic church becomes a part of the one world eccumenical religion that will exist in the Tribulation.

There is all sorts of information available which exposes the Roman Catholic Church for what it is.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:55 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,960,570 times
Quote:
Right. Prayers to the dead, making saints out of people who have been dead for ages, the perpetual virginity of Mary, people become angels, believing that the wine and the bread actually become the blood and flesh of Christ, the Pope is the vicar of God, placing tradition on a par with the Bible...on, and on, and on, ad nauseum. The Catholic church is full of heresy and rituals that came right out of the Babylonian religion.

When the church gets raptured, the Catholic church becomes a part of the one world eccumenical religion that will exist in the Tribulation.

There is all sorts of information available which exposes the Roman Catholic Church for what it is.
Ok let me see if I have this correct.

a)I go to cemeteries and pray to the corpses. And then I put little crowns on their heads and declare them saints.

b)I believe Mary is not a virgin. That the brothers and sisters of Christ referred to in scripture were actual siblings.

c)I don't believe that Christ took the cup and the bread and said drink and eat, and while your doing it imagine in your mind it's my blood and my body.

d)The Pope is the vicar of Christ ( btw: have you looked up the definition of vicar? )

e)That tradition has nothing to do with scripture. Heck, who needs scripture anyway.

f)That I believe in ritual . Like the marriage ceremony, baptism, all the while playing music and singing, and for heavens sake burning incense
while all the clergy dress in scarey clothes, and there are statues of people who are thousands of years old ( eek )

g) At the rapture I'll be a member of the ONE WORLD RELIGION. I'm sure the Hidlebergers will appoint our supreme leader, and the carlyle group will control all our investments under the contol of Dick Chaney.

I gotta stop. I'm getting all wigged out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or