U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:13 PM

4,193 posts, read 2,225,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Right. Prayers to the dead, making saints out of people who have been dead for ages, the perpetual virginity of Mary, people become angels, believing that the wine and the bread actually become the blood and flesh of Christ, the Pope is the vicar of God, placing tradition on a par with the Bible...on, and on, and on, ad nauseum. The Catholic church is full of heresy and rituals that came right out of the Babylonian religion.

When the church gets raptured, the Catholic church becomes a part of the one world eccumenical religion that will exist in the Tribulation.

There is all sorts of information available which exposes the Roman Catholic Church for what it is.
Do me a favor when the rapture comes wake me up, I don't want to miss it

Old 10-20-2009, 10:45 PM

13,199 posts, read 4,802,412 times
Quote:
Right. Prayers to the dead, making saints out of people who have been dead for ages, the perpetual virginity of Mary, people become angels, believing that the wine and the bread actually become the blood and flesh of Christ, the Pope is the vicar of God, placing tradition on a par with the Bible...on, and on, and on, ad nauseum. The Catholic church is full of heresy and rituals that came right out of the Babylonian religion.

When the church gets raptured, the Catholic church becomes a part of the one world eccumenical religion that will exist in the Tribulation.

There is all sorts of information available which exposes the Roman Catholic Church for what it is.
And what is that? Oh no you are not hateful at all.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:05 AM

438 posts, read 600,985 times
Quote:

It's obvious that your "knowledge" of the Catholic faith comes from sources like those awful Chick tracts and not from fact. You have absolute no understanding and display an abysmal ignorance of Catholic teaching, teachings that ALL Christian religion used as their foundation to go their own offshot way in the Reformation periiod.

It is really sad and I pity you.

I will light a candle for you next time I am at church and pray for your mortal soul to see the light of truth.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:25 AM

12,279 posts, read 5,872,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
It's obvious that your "knowledge" of the Catholic faith comes from sources like those awful Chick tracts and not from fact. You have absolute no understanding and display an abysmal ignorance of Catholic teaching, teachings that ALL Christian religion used as their foundation to go their own offshot way in the Reformation periiod.

It is really sad and I pity you.

I will light a candle for you next time I am at church and pray for your mortal soul to see the light of truth.
The soul is immortal. Lighting candles is another Catholic tradition that has no purpose whatsoever.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:51 AM

3,540 posts, read 4,027,202 times
Quote:
The soul is immortal. Lighting candles is another Catholic tradition that has no purpose whatsoever.
It's nothing more than a physical action that enhances the emotional and spiritual.
We humans work that way. Our physical actions and senses add to the emotional and spiritual experience. That's why you will hear music, smell incense, make physical gestures etc in our services.
They are by no means necessary or required, but they do enhance the experience.
Until we no longer have a physical body, with all of it's senses, we think these are good things. We believe we should be able to tell our body to submit to God, as well as our emotions, our mind, and of course our spirit.

( I seem to recall our Lord, commanding us to do so )

Old 10-22-2009, 12:59 AM

So just what is your personal beef with the Church? You must have one. No one goes to so much trouble to prove something is wrong if it isn't personal with them.

I don't think some faiths have much truth to them but I certainly don't take time to read a web site about them or have to go to a web site devoted entirely to proving them wrong. That site is most certainly made up by a fallen away Catholic that has a beef.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So just what is your personal beef with the Church? You must have one. No one goes to so much trouble to prove something is wrong if it isn't personal with them.

I don't think some faiths have much truth to them but I certainly don't take time to read a web site about them or have to go to a web site devoted entirely to proving them wrong. That site is most certainly made up by a fallen away Catholic that has a beef.
I'm simply pointing out the heresy of the Catholic church in the interest of truth. Everything about it indicates that it is the mystery Babylon spoken of in Revelation. I call it like I see it.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 AM

Well thank heavens most people see it differently. Will be praying for you.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 2,017 times
I have an idea instead of everyone one having an opinion about the Holy Roman Catholic Church and how evil it is. Why don't you look inside your selves and jugde your self on how you think God would jugde you. Especially those of you who claim Christianity as your Faith. The Catholic Church is not perfect never has been. But It has done alot more good than bad.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPcharlotte View Post
I have an idea instead of everyone one having an opinion about the Holy Roman Catholic Church and how evil it is. Why don't you look inside your selves and jugde your self on how you think God would jugde you. Especially those of you who claim Christianity as your Faith. The Catholic Church is not perfect never has been. But It has done alot more good than bad.
The Roman Catholic Church is Satan's supreme masterpiece of evil in counterfeiting the true church, which is the body of believers in Christ. The true church is a living organism. Every believer is a part of the body of Christ. Another title for the church is the Bride of Christ.

But the Roman Catholic church is an organization that has adopted many of the rituals and practices of the ancient Babylonian religion, and will be a part of the one world ecumenical religion of the Tribulation.

Now, that is not to say that Catholics are not nice people. But they are unknowingly a part of something that is Satanic to the core. They are under strong deception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity