U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 04:57 PM

309 posts, read 1,093,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
I have found, it is best to know the subject one wishes to advise another to either embrace or avoid. To base a stance on something from another's perspective can lead to problems down the road.

Two people can read the same passage and come away with different interpretations. Whenever I feel compelled to advise people on something, I make darn sure I know first hand the content having studied it and researched it personally before advising.

A little perseverance and patience will go a long way towards getting a reputation of being reliable.

BTW, I read the Shack. Took it as a work of fiction and read it in that light, loved the book and it gave me food for thought and a desire to pick up my Bible. The Word tells us to test things against the Bible and we shall know the truth....HOw much more simple can that statement be?

I am assuming, as you didn't like the Shack that you also did not like the Left Behind series. Same scenario. I loved the series and the movies, but, tested them against the Word/Bible for the truth.

Fiction can be written in a Christian prospective, and I would rather read Christian fiction than most of the trash written today.
GREETINGS,
I agree do your homework, Pray and ask God to discern his word to you as the truth as he is. Ask him to give you wisdom.
I own a Christian Book Store, allot of folks are looking for better reading. There tired of all the sex and language in books.
Look at all the books written about the Amish and Mennonites. There not all of God. It is up to us to know the Bible - not just believe everything that is said,Preached,books and movies. The only perfect one was Jesus. Wether you believe in him or not, well that is up to you. But our job as Christians is
to love one another and John 3:16.

EVERY BODY BE BLESSED
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 09:35 PM

20,322 posts, read 15,674,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
R U Frakkin kidding me? I hear echos of the Church of Rome coming out of your mouth Mike. That is a blasphemous falacy...we can and should learn directly from God and anyone who espouses that they know more than God or can teach me better than God Himself...I'd run and run as far away as I could. You're beginning to scare me Mike...it's almost cultish some of the things you say.
The church of Rome did not write Ephesians 4:11-16. It is a part of the word of God. If in this post Christian era when most people have turned away from God, you feel free to pick and choose from the word of God what ever feels right to you and then toss the rest of it away, well there you go! Boo!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity