U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:10 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Who's truth...yours From what I've seen of your posting Mike...you are believing in a delusion of a man made God...you are still believing in the "milk" and it's time for you to move on to the "solid food" of the gospel message. There is way more to God than you are aware of at the present time and you should search and keep searching until you find it.
Yeah he is sucking at the soured breast of curdled religion ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 12:17 PM

20,298 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Quote:
I'm not ridiculing you at all...I just think you depend on "man" way too much for the information you accumulate about God and every bit of that shows in your posts. You would be better served by seeking "The Truth" from God and only God.
I give scripture very often in my posts and it is ignored by those who find it inconvenient to their apostasy.

It is the word of God that I present, and not the false teachings of false teachers. Your rejection of the principle of Eph. 4:11-16 is your rejection of the revealed word of God. Dispite what you may think.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:19 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yeah he is sucking at the soured breast of curdled religion ...
We definitely AGREE 100% on that....Amen and pass the Cheetos!

Old 10-20-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I give scripture very often in my posts and it is ignored by those who find it inconvenient to their apostasy.

It is the word of God that I present, and not the false teachings of false teachers. Your rejection of the principle of Eph. 4:11-16 is your rejection of the revealed word of God. Dispite what you may think.
So, straight from the horses mouth (yours).....because I don't put stock in what other human beings/ "men" teach & preach but get my teaching straight from God, I am learning "false" teaching from a "false" teacher?
You mean when Jesus said we had "One Teacher"...he wasn't speaking about God? Silly me....all this time I thought Jesus was speaking about God.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:30 PM

30,165 posts, read 19,971,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up WRATH for yourself in the day of WRATH and revelation of the righteous judgment of God.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the WRATH of God abides on him.''

Matthew 25:41 Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels
God is not wrath period , none of your threatening scriptures say God is wrath.

The fallen nature of man is the wrath of God . Read Genesis 3

Old 10-20-2009, 12:42 PM

[quote=Mike555;11268450]
Quote:
The Shacks 'Jesus'
''God ,who is the ground of all being, dwells in,around, and through all things.''
Wow this sounds remarkably like ...

Act 17:24-28
24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

and like ...

Col 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

and ...

Col 1:19
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Quote:
This is pantheism and is unscriptural.
Sounds pretty scriptural to me ...

Quote:
The Shacks 'Jesus'

Those who love me come from every system that exists. They were Buddhists or Mormons, Baptists or Muslims...I have no desire to make them Christian, but I do want to join them in their transformation into sons and daughters of my papa, into my brothers and sisters.

A Christian is someone who believes in Christ for salvation. But the 'Jesus 'presented in the Shack doesn't recognize that.
Well every Christian was something other than Christian before they became Christian. And i question whether or not Christianity today especially is what those who followed Christ in the first 3 centuries were all about to begin with.

1Cr 13:2
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

It seems obvious that God would rather you have love and no faith than faith and no love ... What is better an Hindu who loves his neighbor as himself or a Christian who puts others under condemnation out of hate?

Quote:
The Shack presents a 'female God'. Blasphemous. God is presented in the Bible as Father.
Well the Shekhinah presence is a feminine aspect, as the Hebrew word Shekhinah is a feminine noun ... And the Shekhina presence is the very same holy spirit ... What is interesting is this understanding brings into view the fact that the trinity actually represents father mother and son ... The family of deity.

Quote:
The Shack: ''You don't need me at all to create your list of good and evil.''

Mocking God!!!
Rom 2:13-16
13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Man has a conscience, and it was only necessary for God to give the law because mankind was not willing to live by that Conscience. The only reason God gave the law is to prove to man they couldn't accomplish living up to it in the first place. How is the above quote mocking God exactly?

Quote:
And you think the entire book has to be read to discern its true purpose?
It certainly wouldn't make it harder to understand its purpose.

Quote:
Are you willing to overlook the blasphemous distortions of God presented in this book because you get some feel good experience from reading it? And that anyone would even have a feel good experience from a book that mocks God, speaks volumes.
Distortions according to your interpretation ...

Quote:
This book is Satanic to the core.
It could be said you interpretation of scripture and your doctrines of eternal torture are far more satanic in the long run.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:47 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,449,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
~yawn~

another "hate it didn't read it" opinion..

~yawn~
Not hate it, but heresy it. Doesn't mean I am wrong nor can you counter on my last post......

Old 10-20-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Wow this sounds remarkably like ...

Act 17:24-28
24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

and like ...

Col 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

and ...

Col 1:19
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Sounds pretty scriptural to me ...
BRAVO my little friend!! I sure am glad God dwells in me.

Quote:
Well every Christian was something other than Christian before they became Christian. And i question whether or not Christianity today especially is what those who followed Christ in the first 3 centuries were all about to begin with.
If Mike spent as much time looking into the Christians of the 1st century and what they actually believed and were taught by the Apostles....Mike would be shocked and then very enlightened. Christianity today doesn't even come close to resembling what Christ taught them back in their day. But Mike thinks the bible we have today (the bible rewritten and edited by the Church of Rome) is Gods inerrant and infallible word...there couldn't possibly be any mistranslations or such.

Quote:
1Cr 13:2
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

It seems obvious that God would rather you have love and no faith than faith and no love ... What is better an Hindu who loves his neighbor as himself or a Christian who puts others under condemnation out of hate?
All you need is Love...la...la...la...la...la...la...All you need is Love

Quote:
Well the Shekhinah presence is a feminine aspect, as the Hebrew word Shekhinah is a feminine noun ... And the Shekhina presence is the very same holy spirit ... What is interesting is this understanding brings into view the fact that the trinity actually represents father mother and son ... The family of deity.
Mikes teachers don't teach that I'll bet. I'd bet my bottom dollar they call it....the B word.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
BRAVO my little friend!! I sure am glad God dwells in me.

If Mike spent as much time looking into the Christians of the 1st century and what they actually believed and were taught by the Apostles....Mike would be shocked and then very enlightened. Christianity today doesn't even come close to resembling what Christ taught them back in their day. But Mike thinks the bible we have today (the bible rewritten and edited by the Church of Rome) is Gods inerrant and infallible word...there couldn't possibly be any mistranslations or such.

All you need is Love...la...la...la...la...la...la...All you need is Love

Mikes teachers don't teach that I'll bet. I'd bet my bottom dollar they call it....the B word.

Yeah well, there is a world of difference between true spiritual Christianity and the Christianity that many practice which it seems they must have gotten of the back of a crackerjack box.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:05 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,449,783 times
Quote:
Yeah well, there is a world of difference between true spiritual Christianity and the Christianity that many practice which it seems they must have gotten of the back of a crackerjack box.
wow....such love not to mention self righteousness and oh so judgmental
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity