U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:14 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,454,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well scripture does not say what you are saying Fundy (Is that better)
I didn't say it did. I was using a difficult example, the worst I could think of. I expected spiritually immature Christians would have a problem and I expected as much.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-22-2009 at 07:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 07:54 AM

30,223 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I didn't say it did. I was using a difficult example, the worst I could think of. I expected spiritually immature Christians would have a problem and I expected as much.
So you falsely accuse someone of being unloving because they have a different opinion to someone else(which you did last night) , and here you are calling me a spiritually inmature christian lol(on the basis i reject your logic), if that's what i am for rejecting the logic you use, "if it's in the scriptures that God allows rape then i believe it" , then call me spiritually immature as much as you like.

Fundy if it said in the scriptures God allows rape do you not realize God would not be God.

He is God over all other God's because there is none other like Him.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
So you falsely accuse someone of being unloving because they have a different opinion to someone else(which you did last night) , and here you are calling me a spiritually inmature christian lol(on the basis i reject your logic), if that's what i am for rejecting the logic you use, "if it's in the scriptures that God allows rape then i believe it" , then call me spiritually immature as much as you like.

Fundy if it said in the scriptures God allows rape do you not realize God would not be God.

He is God over all other God's because there is none other like Him.
I can easily call you a heretic but I won't. Does not the bible speak of milk drinking Christians?

Quote:
Read again what you just said. How will God not be God if scripture (God's word, God breathed) allowed rape. How will God not be God? just what authority are you basing this off?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
I can easily call you a heretic but I won't. Does not the bible speak of milk drinking Christians?

Read again what you just said. How will God not be God if scripture (God's word, God breathed) allowed rape. How will God not be God? just what authority are you basing this off?
It's not a question of i need to read what i said again , you need to listen to what you are saying .

God is God by divine nature and character.

By the authority of the scriptures

Hebrews 1
Jesus is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things .

Rape is darkness and there is no darkness in God He is the Light no the Darkness.

Do you not understand that the scriptures testify of Jesus ? eternal life is not a knowledge of the scriptures , they point us to the Savior.

God cannot be anything but what He is , He's the same yesterday, today and for eternity.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
It's not a question of i need to read what i said again , you need to listen to what you are saying .

God is God by divine nature and character.

By the authority of the scriptures

Hebrews 1
Jesus is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things .

Rape is darkness and there is no darkness in God He is the Light no the Darkness.

Do you not understand that the scriptures testify of Jesus ? eternal life is not a knowledge of the scriptures , they point us to the Savior.

God cannot be anything but what He is , He's the same yesterday, today and for eternity.
You are putting your view of God above His scripture- His word-That's idolatry. You are just stating opinion. What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying scripture is not God breathed His word?

So if scripture allowed rape then isn't that the ultimate authority. How do YOU denounce this part of scripture?

If you see something in scripture, no matter how much you exegete it, no matter how much you pray about it and still its the truth no matter how immoral you think it is and don't follow then aren't you saying to God, my way is better? that you are putting your authority above His?

Did not God tell Abaraham to sacrifice his son? Did not God tell Moses to kill everyone; man, woman and child? How is that love or harmonizing with your God's nature?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-22-2009 at 08:33 AM..

Old 10-22-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
You are not making any sense. What does that have to do with anything?Are you saying scripture is not God breathed His word?

So if scripture allowed rape then isn't that the ultimate authority. How do YOU denounce this part of scripture?
Why are you even thinking about what could be in the scriptures that isn't.
The scriptures are the written word of God on the basis that they represent the true nature and character of God made manifest in reality through His Son Jesus.

If what you are saying could be remotely true , then the scriptures would not be the written word of God .

How come it is so hard for you to understand that God is God because of His divine nature and character .

So why do you think i would reject the scriptures if it said my God allowed rape ?

It's truely amazing the length you are going to discredit the nature and character of God

Old 10-22-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Why are you even thinking about what could be in the scriptures that isn't.
The scriptures are the written word of God on the basis that they represent the true nature and character of God made manifest in reality through His Son Jesus.

If what you are saying could be remotely true , then the scriptures would not be the written word of God .

How come it is so hard for you to understand that God is God because of His divine nature and character .

So why do you think i would reject the scriptures if it said my God allowed rape ?

It's truely amazing the length you are going to discredit the nature and character of God
This is about obedience and if it is in scripture then we must obey. You are putting your view of God above His scripture- His word-That's idolatry. You are just stating opinion.

Did not God tell Abaraham to sacrifice his son? Did not God tell Moses to kill everyone; man, woman and child? going directly against His commandments. How is that love or harmonizing with your God's nature and character?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:36 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,715,331 times
Quote:
That is ok but I can only go from scripture (if scripture said that) not your feelings
You speak as if you can't THINK for yourself my man; as if you are programmed to accept everything you read in the Bible as absolute fact even if the truth of the matter (properly understood) laps you in the face. This is why I say it is frightening.

What you are saying is that if the Bible (did say) that rape was okay then who are you are to say it isn't if god said it was. What kind of warped thinking is that, guy?

In your pursuit to be total "by the book" Christian, you are losing your common sense and sense of good judgment. This is just an honest observation and I hope the mods can understand this is a sincere critique and not just a jab at you just to be nasty.

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 10-22-2009 at 08:47 AM..

Old 10-22-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
You speak as if you can't THINK for yourself my man; as if you are programmed to accept everything you read in the Bible as absolute fact even if the truth of the matter slaps you in the face. This is why I say it is frightening.

What you are saying is that if the Bible (did say) that rape was okay then who are you are to say it isn't if god said it was. What kind of warped thinking is that, guy?

In your pursuit to be total "by the book" Christian, you are losing your common sense and sense of good judgment. This is just an honest observation and I hope the mods can understand this is a sincere critique and not just a jab at you just to be nasty.
Ok let's go from your thinking. Scripture is my authority but now since I don't go from the "book" and I become my own authority then because I don't like you, I think I will murder you so will I be justified in my thinking?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:43 AM

It is frightening and scary how he believes. It's this kind of blind adherence to the doctrines of men that had people burnt at the stake in the dark ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity